Does caffeine effect you going to sleep?

Does caffeine effect you going to sleep?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. 12 - 18 Years old

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • I'm older than 12-18
  2. 2. 19-29 Years old

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • I'm not 19-29
  3. 3. 30 years and older

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • I'm younger than 30

Caffeine, sugar, Red Bull, Pro Plus, Ephedrine, have never affected me. My head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light.

I remember once drinking 1.5 litres of Tesco Kick (simlier to redbull but cheaper) and was shaking like a shi**ing dog. But it didn't stimulate or wake me up any more than normal so went to sleep no worries.

I drank coffee late last night (full-strength made in a moka) and still ended up falling asleep while watching a movie, so I guess it's not that effective for me.

27. It depends on how my depression and insomnia issues are doing, sometimes caffeine seems to wreck my sleep, sometimes it makes no difference. In general I have to stick to low amounts, like 1-2 cups in the earlier part of the day, otherwise I'm awake all night. 

When I was younger, I drank a ton of caffeinated soda all the time. Now, I'm 24 and it doesn't effect me at all. Not a coffee drinker.

The opposite here.  When I was a kid in my teens and 20's it would get me wired and I wouldn't be able to sleep.  Nowadays a nice cup of coffee before bed doesn't phase me in the least.. I'm comatose 5 minutes after my head hits the pillow, especially during the winter when I typically sleep a lot deeper.

Yup. Sometimes a warm beverage at night just makes me sleepy.  :laugh:

I never drank coffee before my old networking professor made a pot in his class each morning. Now I drink it daily, however coffee for me at night doesn't have the same effect it does on me in the morning. I can still enjoy a homebrewed pot or Starbucks with friends and still get to bed on time. 

I'm 27. 

This really has a lot more to do with how resistant your body is to caffeine which age may be a factor for.

In my youth I would drink up to 1.5L of energy drinks (Rockstar, V) a day. 

I hate the taste of coffee and have stopped drinking energy drinks as of almost two years ago. Drinking one coffee in a day will keep me wired until around 2am. I'm 24.

I go through a vicious cycle. I start with a cup of coffee in the morning, drink water/protein shakes during the day and then soda in the evening with supper. Usually Coke Zero. Then when 10 or 11 PM comes around, I pop an extra-strength sleep aid and hope my body recovers by morning. I really need to reduce my caffeine intake.

I remember that drinking some coffee sent me right onwards the bathroom , not to mention the sleepy effect after a few minutes.

Since then , I drink short Lavazza wich is a god damned Bomb .

I honestly take in very little caffeine any more. I drink decaf coffee and caffeine-free drinks. However, if I do take in caffeine right at bedtime for some reason it takes me forever to get to sleep.