Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

movies "Spooks: The Greater Good"

13 posts in this topic

rFI17HI.png

Altitude Film Sales is to bring five market debuts to the American Film Market (AFM) next week, including spy-thriller Spooks: The Greater Good - a feature version of the BAFTA-winning BBC TV series that ran for 10 series from 2002 to 2011.

Bharat Nalluri, who was the originating director of the TV series (known as MI-5 in the US), will take the reins of the feature that will shoot in the first quarter of 2014.

The film opens when terrorist Adam Qasim escapes from MI5 custody during a routine handover and head of counterterrorism, Harry Pearce, is blamed.

When the disgraced Pearce disappears one night off a bridge into the Thames, his prot?g? Will Crombie is called in to help uncover what happened. With a devastating attack on London imminent, Will finds himself on the trail of a conspiracy that stretches from Vietnam to the Mediterranean.

Peter Firth, who played Harry in all 86 episodes of the TV series, will reprise his role with additional cast currently being locked in.

Producers are Jane Featherstone and Stephen Garrett for Kudos and Ollie Madden for Shine.

Spooks collaborators Jonathan Brackley and Sam Vincent have written the script.

Source Article

They are making a film of this? Fantastic. I thought this show was gone forever.

278213764345049031517640.jpg

695643316407975875125932.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, is this like james bond, but without the james bond? Eg uk national security?

Pardon my ignorance, is this like james bond, but without the james bond? Eg uk national security?

A bit like a British 24

This is going to be an awesome film. spooks makes 24 look like a day out at the fun fare imo.

Epic, if this is anything like the TV series, it's going to amazing!

In the beginning it was a "realistic" portrayal of things MI-5 might do. There wasn't a need for guns, it was more about the plots than the action. What also made it brilliant was that anyone could get killed off at any moment. There were several times where a member got killed off and I was left speechless.

In the later series it got a bit over the top, in my mind. They also fell in to a bit of a pattern where it seemed like every series there was a new team. Although with that said I didn't watch much of the later series, so that may be a misrepresentation.

Either way though, it's worth looking in to. And this news about a feature film sounds interesting to me.

A1SDFgS.jpg

In the beginning it was a "realistic" portrayal of things MI-5 might do. There wasn't a need for guns, it was more about the plots than the action. What also made it brilliant was that anyone could get killed off at any moment. There were several times where a member got killed off and I was left speechless.

I think post Adam Carter it involved a few to many "super twists".