Is it a good idea to start a brand new Facebook account and give-up the old account?

Is it a good idea to start a brand new Facebook account and give-up the old account? My existing account is all messed up. Too many friends. Too many groups... Its too much. I need to start from scratch. Will this be a good idea?

I did this for the exact same reason. Make sure you backup all the photos you want to keep. I am glad I did it as it was much easier to get everything how I wanted with a fresh account. All of the settings for privacy, etc. are a nightmare for older accounts :(

That's really up to you. You need to weigh up the time it would take to create your new profile, add your friends, groups, photos etc. that you still want people to see, and compare it to the time that it would take to just do some spring cleaning on the profile that you have now.

Facebook has become worse then google with privacy. So they finally set the privacy settings (tell me if I'm wrong) so people can't see your friends list unless they are one of your friends, or if someone who isn't your friend happens to be friends with one of your friends, then they can see your list. ? I deleted my account.   So if you start up another account do you use your same name again or an alias (undercover) .  So instead of Walter White you'd use Heisenberg

First World Problems. As if you need to ask advice for this on here.

Amazing that people in the First World.... let me lay this down for you, I know it's a difficult concept to grasp, they have first world problems. Let's just ignore all the problems in our life because there are people with worse problems. 

Back to the topic, Would it not be easier to prune your friends list and groups? 

Amazing that people in the First World.... let me lay this down for you, I know it's a difficult concept to grasp, they have first world problems. Let's just ignore all the problems in our life because there are people with worse problems. 

Back to the topic, Would it not be easier to prune your friends list and groups? 

I don't think so :) There are nearly 4000 friends I added when I was young. I used some lists to get more friends so I can play games :P It has become a nightmare!

I go through and clean up my account every so often and do this very thing.

I do the same thing, though lately I log onto Facebook very rarely.

I do the same thing, though lately I log onto Facebook very rarely.

I hear me. Me too. Although, I do many of my accounts like this. I've been working on cleaning up my G+ account here of late.