Netflix only gets One Bar on Xbox 360 (COMCAST)

Question

For some reason I'm only getting one bar when watching movies and tv shows on Netflix using Xbox 360. I was thinking about it's my wireless connection to my router but the problem is that Hulu, Amazon Prime and every other video app have no trouble with all HD quality video.

Does anyone have this issue too and if so do you think Comcast is slowing down my Netflix?

4 answers to this question

For the sake of covering all the bases, you are aware that you can set the streaming quality netflix provides from their "My Account" settings page. i got mine the highest speed they offer...

Nah I have speed issues with Netflix as well on a different ISP.  Did some searching a couple months ago - seems it's not uncommon, but couldn't really come up with a solution.

Could it be congestion on their end - maybe the servers are being hit hard when you're on? Is it consistant regardless of the time of day? Although I've never seen any problems with my connection and I'm on at different times. Although it starts out at 1 bar and gradually increases over the first few minutes. . .

For the sake of covering all the bases, you are aware that you can set the streaming quality netflix provides from their "My Account" settings page. i got mine the highest speed they offer...

Thanks for pointing it out. It was set to auto but would only go to one bar. I set it to HD and now it runs fine. Don't know why it happen that wag but it did.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Asher Madan
      Select Insiders can now go back to using Xbox 360 gamerpics on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
      by Asher Madan

Even though we're two console generations past the Xbox 360, many gamers remember those days fondly, despite the "Red Ring of Death" that plagued earlier devices. Lately, a slew of Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S owners have been asking Microsoft for a way to go back to their Xbox 360 gamerpics.

Well, Xbox Engineering Lead Eden Marie took notice and delivered. Today, she said that Xbox Insiders in the Alpha - Skip Ahead ring would see a new option in the "Change gamerpic" section of their profiles.

Your Xbox 360 gamerpic should appear there, and you'll be able to select it. Luckily, Eden also fixed how they display on modern consoles a few weeks ago so it should look great on your TV.

If you wanted to use that old Master Chief gamerpic from Halo 3, now's your chance.

• By Asher Madan
      Halo and Star Wars get major discounts in this week's Deals with Gold
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for a weekly Deals with Gold sale. This week, games from the Assassin's Creed, Forza, Halo, and Star Wars franchises are available for substantially less. Below, you'll find the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. The deals and games marked with an asterisk are only valid for Xbox Live Gold members, so you'll need an active paid subscription for the additional discount.

Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      Many of the games are also backward compatible so you can play them on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One. If you still only have an Xbox 360, you're out of luck this week because the selection is the slimmest I've ever seen.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you buy any? Let us know in the comments below.

• By davidpaj
      Starlink could come out of beta next month despite pre-order backlog
      by David Allen

Starlink could be coming out of its beta testing phase and be made publicly available next month, Elon Musk says. With just over a year in beta, Starlink believes it has enough positive feedback to abandon the “beta” moniker. Most users in the year-long beta have reported positive feedback from the high-speed internet service alternative.

The package consists of a Wi-Fi terminal and satellite dish in an automated self-install package costing $499. Service as of now is $99.00. Starlink has made every effort to make the service as price-friendly as possible, though challenges remain. Starlink is said to be working on a more rugged version of the device to better handle the weather elements.

Those looking for a quick answer to a high-speed internet connection may have to keep waiting even after the service goes public. Recently, customers with pre-orders have seen fulfillment dates fall into 2022-2023 timeframes. It's estimated that Starlink already has approximately 400,000 preorders waiting to be filled.

A service targeted for rural America and places where traditional broadband options don't exist, Starlink may offer a solid solution, but it sounds like users might be waiting a while to receive it. It'll be interesting to see how the service performs as more orders are filled.

Via: TechSpot

• By Asher Madan
      Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs receive huge discounts in this week's Deals with Gold
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for a weekly Deals with Gold sale. This week, games from the Assassin's Creed, Forza, Halo, and Watch Dogs franchises are available for substantially less. Below, you'll find the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. The deals and games marked with an asterisk are only valid for Xbox Live Gold members, so you'll need an active paid subscription for the additional discount.

Xbox 360
      Many of the games are also backward compatible so you can play them on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One. There isn't much going on on Xbox 360, this week, unfortunately.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you buy any? Let us know in the comments below.

• By Asher Madan
      BioShock and Borderlands receive huge discounts in this week's Deals with Gold
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for a weekly Deals with Gold sale. This week, games from the BioShock, Borderlands, and Dragon Ball franchises are available for substantially less. Below, you'll find the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. The deals and games marked with an asterisk are only valid for Xbox Live Gold members, so you'll need an active paid subscription for the additional discount.

Xbox 360
      Many of the games are also backwards compatible so you can play them on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One.