See What

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/11/ps4-gallery/

album: http://imgur.com/a/KlGOD#0

Inside Sony headquarters, at the heart of Tokyo?s Shinagawa district, Yasuhiro Ootori is about to reveal something that almost no one outside the Japanese tech giant has ever seen: the inside of a PlayStation 4.

It?s the middle of October, four weeks before the new game console is due to reach stores in the U.S. and Canada, and Ootori ? director of the mechanical engineering team in charge of the PS4 ? is surrounded by a phalanx of other Sony engineers, several PR handlers, two journalists, and six guys set to capture the moment on video. Not to mention the interpreter who will instantly translate his commentary into English.

The video producer slaps his hands in front of the two cameras ? an imitation of an old movie clapboard ? and the Sony man spends the next hour and half taking the console apart, piece by sacred piece. He even wears white gloves. It?s the world?s first PlayStation 4 teardown.

hfMneJj.jpg

video was cool. I wish he had mentioned that you are allowed to remove the HDD without voiding your warranty. As it does not require you to remove any of the four seals he mentioned.

video was cool. I wish he had mentioned that you are allowed to remove the HDD without voiding your warranty. As it does not require you to remove any of the four seals he mentioned.

this was a general dismantling video. i'm sure there will be other references/videos for that elsewhere

Wow... engineering at its best, I will be never able to deny that on Sony devices... So happy with my Vita right now :D

Much better than PS3 teardown then (Y) Hopefully won't have to open it but at least it's zero effort if you do :p

Did not expect to see such a big HS inside. Pretty impressive considering the size of the console :yes:

I love these tare down articles/videos.

Its amazing what is crammed into a ps4. Sometimes you wonder how these consoles work well at all, but they make it happen.

Ditto (Y) - I was waiting for this ever since they announced it.

Overall, the xbox one put more work on the UI and software feature and PS4 emphasize enormous of effort to design the hardware. Both console bringing something different. Good job.

Huh? why do you think sony didn't put equal efforts on software or ms on hardware?

Huh? why do you think sony didn't put equal efforts on software or ms on hardware?

The UI is pretty much the same and minor improvement such as sharing gameplay footage. Microsoft have skype, instant multitasking such as snap an app while playing such as video chat. So far, PS4 haven't show us this type of possibility yet. So it's pretty obvious sony focus is more on hardware not on the software side as they already proven to have more horsepower in ps4 compare to xbox one. Conversely, the xbox one UI is more intuitive and have better apps right out of the box. 

The UI is pretty much the same and minor improvement such as sharing gameplay footage. Microsoft have skype, instant multitasking such as snap an app while playing such as video chat. So far, PS4 haven't show us this type of possibility yet. So it's pretty obvious sony focus is more on hardware not on the software side as they already proven to have more horsepower in ps4 compare to xbox one. Conversely, the xbox one UI is more intuitive and have better apps right out of the box. 

That really goes without saying these days. Sony are a hardware company. Their OS/UI has always been lacking in comparison.

It'd probably be a good idea for them to release a video of the PS4 experience and show what it looks like before launch though.