Fake Facebook account needs to be taken down ASAP! Can someone please guide me?

Go to solution Solved by shockz,

Question

Suemkeeffe
My name is Mrs Sue Keeffe Mother to Matthew Keeffe,

Someone in my son's high school has created a Facebook account without his knowledge, they are also taken a photo of him and posted it on Facebook without my permission.

I wish for this Facebook account to be shut down, I have explained everything below and I have emailed the information to Facebook to show the account in question.

My son is embarressed and feels Humiliated at and being teased because of this.

I do not have the email address of this profile created against his will. The deputy at his high school and myself are trying our harding to have this account shut down.

My husband and I are furious about this and wish to resolve this matter ASAP.

My details are as follow's:

<snipped>

My Facebook Account: Sue Keeffe Ayton

I have enclosed my Facebook Photo & Driver's Licence details.

I wish to have my Son's Fake Facebook account taken down ASAP please as

this is not right. It is a violation of privacy and he is embarrassed and

humiliated and being teased about this.  His surname has been misspelt

keefe instead of Keeffe.

As I mentioned in the report, my son did not Authorise this and a photo

was taken in his class without his & my permission. My husband and I are

very angry about this we do not want him to have a Facebook Account and

would like to resolved this as quick as possible. The students at his

school that are involved with this account are in trouble.

I do not know the email address and Password of this fake account.

So again please, can you please shut this face account down.

Kind regards

Mrs Sue Keeffe (Mother to Matthew Keeffe)

Thank you for your attention.

My mobile number is: <snipped> I live in Sydney Australia.

Can you please help me delete my son's fake account, he does not want it, he didn't know it was created.

My son and I do not know the email address of the profile. 

I have sent a report to have this account shut down, I haven't heard anything, please can you help? My son's photo is on Facebook, its a photo of him in class. he is 14 years old almost 15 in December 2013.

Can someone help me shut this fake Facebook account down please?

Thanks

Mrs Sue Keeffe

Mother to Matthew.
  • Like 1

19 answers to this question

shockz

Fake timelines created to imitate real people (impostor accounts) are not allowed on Facebook. If someone created an account pretending to be you:

1. Go to the timeline
  2. Click 851585_589724764413656_583737111_n.png and then select Report/Block
  3. Select Submit a Report
  4. Choose This person is impersonating someone
  5. Follow the on-screen directions to complete your report

If you don?t have a Facebook account, please file a report here.

If you've lost access to an account you created, learn how to secure your account.

If you see an abusive Page, report it.

• Like 4
neufuse

oh this isn't going to end good.. never post your e-mail for one thing on a public forum...

Suemkeeffe

I don't care, I just want someone to read this and hopefully help me, I don't know who to contact. Can someone help me Please?

xbamaris

Getting overexcited and posting the details you did that were obviously erased isn't going to help your situation.

Unfortunately this stuff happens all the time and there isn't much you can do other than report it like what shozilla said. 

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

You can report the profile in the upper right corner

post-455563-0-33312200-1383872408.jpg

• Like 1
Suemkeeffe

Well that is great! I thought I could get someone to guide me to contact someone through Facebook. I don't care if this sort of thing happens all the time, I want this shut down. does anyone know a name I can contact? if not forget it!

TAZMINATOR

Well that is great! I thought I could get someone to guide me to contact someone through Facebook. I don't care if this sort of thing happens all the time, I want this shut down. does anyone know a name I can contact? if not forget it!

I don't care, I just want someone to read this and hopefully help me, I don't know who to contact. Can someone help me Please?

Use the link I gave you...  they will do the rest...  You can NOT contact them, period, unless you know Mark personally...  use the link above.

Suemkeeffe

Thank you m8

How do I contact Mark Zuckerberg? and thank you for your reply, no one else has bothered!

Sue

Slammers

Thank you m8

How do I contact Mark Zuckerberg? and thank you for your reply, no one else has bothered!

Sue

You had me till here

Dotdot

Thank you m8

Sue

We realise your upset but being a cheeky git to folk on a public forum isnt going to help.

Several users above have stated what you need done and what the limitations of said action are.

This is not there fault or problem and have helped as best they can.

I suggest you lower your frustation and think a little before posting.

In the mean time I hope Facebook helps you and that your cry for help is genuine and not someone trying to garnish support to have someones actual profile removed.

+Anarkii

Sue, 

"Shockz" post on the previous page tells you step by step what you need to do.
Submit the report using the instructions he provided to you, and usually within 48 hours the page will be closed.
If you provide drivers licence and proof of ID, you will get the page closed even faster.

We're sorry but thats all we can do on this forum. Good luck.

• Like 1
Steven P.

Moved to correct forum and marked solved, Hopefully Sue will see the instructions on her first post.

Good Luck Sue!  :hug_guy:

riahc3

Hello,

The sarcastic remarks are really unneccesary for a obviously lost user.

Just repeating what was said:

How do I report a fake account that?s pretending to be me or a public figure?

Fake timelines created to imitate real people (impostor accounts) are not allowed on Facebook. If someone created an account pretending to be you:

• Go to the timeline
  • Click 851585_589724764413656_583737111_n.png and then select Report/Block
  • Select Submit a Report
  • Choose This person is impersonating someone
  • Follow the on-screen directions to complete your report
If you don?t have a Facebook account, please file a report here.

If you've lost access to an account you created, learn how to secure your account.

If you see an abusive Page, report it.

• Like 4
Steven P.

^ agree, I hid the unhelpful/off topic responses.

+Dick Montage

How do I contact Mark Zuckerberg?

He has a profile on Facebook I believe

neufuse

He has a profile on Facebook I believe

you have to pay to talk to him now, don't you?

• Like 1
Eric

[Thread closed]

Issues with other sites should be taken up with their respective operators.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Facebook believes it made the right decision in banning Trump, but has referred the case
      by Usama Jawad

Former U.S. President Donald Trump was banned from various social media platforms earlier this month. Among these was Facebook, with CEO Mark Zuckerberg personally announcing the suspension, stating that it was indefinite and would continue at least until then President-elect Joe Biden takes office.

With the aforementioned stipulation now complete, Facebook has deferred the case to its independent Oversight Board, while emphasizing that it believes it made the right call in suspending Trump's account a couple of weeks ago.

In a blog post, Facebook has highlighted that the case has been referred to the Oversight Board, which was formed last year and consists of global civic leaders from various backgrounds and industries. You can view the full list of members here.

Facebook has emphasized that it believes that it made the right decision in suspending Trump's account under "extraordinary circumstances" on January 7, and it hopes that the Oversight Board will agree to the indefinite ban based on the justifications provided. The firm went on to say that:

It is important to note that the Oversight Board's decision will be final and not even Zuckerberg will have the authority to veto it. Facebook will also be open to recommendations from the organization about how to deal with cases of suspending political leaders, should the need arise in the future.

The Oversight Board's process for assessing the case will also be of interest to some readers. From a bird's eye view, a five-member panel will review the case and Trump's page administrators will be allowed to submit statements as to why Facebook's original decision will be overturned. The panel will have up to 90 days to achieve a decision that has to be supported by a simple majority of Oversight Board members. In response, Facebook will have seven days to implement the recommendations made by the panel and up to 30 days to respond to them. The findings of the case and the final outcome will be published on the Oversight Board's website here.

• By zikalify
      Facebook improves photo descriptions for the visually impaired
      by Paul Hill

Facebook has announced that it has improved its automatic alternative text (AAT) feature. AAT was introduced in 2016 as a way to generate alternative text on photos to help the visually impaired understand what was going on in the picture, with today’s update the feature can detect the content of images ten times more reliably and provide better information.

According to the social network, the boost in concepts and improvements in reliability mean that AAT can provide information on more pictures. Facebook said that it can detect activities, landmarks, types of animals and more – an example description generated by AAT could read “May be a selfie of 2 people, outdoors, the Leaning Tower of Pisa.”

In the previous iteration of AAT, if you uploaded a picture of two friends having their photos taken and people in the background were passing by, AAT would generate a message saying “May be an image of five people” as it included those in the background; the new iteration is more intelligent and incorporates positional location and the relative size of elements. The new system would say there are two people in the centre of the photo and others scattered towards the fringes of the image.

Artificial intelligence has been introducing great benefits for those that are visually impaired in recent years. When internet connections were slow, alt text was frequently used as a back-up against photos not loading, the alt text could be used by screen readers to tell visually impaired people what the image was showing. As connections got faster, alt text wasn’t used as much but artificial intelligence tools like AAT are now able to fill the gap and provide good descriptions of what’s shown in a shot.

• By zikalify
      Indian government asks WhatsApp to backtrack on privacy policy
      by Paul Hill

According to a report from Reuters, India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology asked WhatsApp to backtrack on its planned privacy policy changes which saw it lose users to rivals Telegram and Signal. In a letter, the government complained to WhatsApp saying it was unfair that European users won’t be affected by the changes but Indians will.

WhatsApp's planned changes have also attracted the attention of Turkish authorities which have launched an antitrust probe. In response to the criticism, WhatsApp delayed the enforcement of its new terms by three months so they won’t be enacted until May 15; ultimately, this will give India more time to pressure the firm over the planned changes.

According to Reuters, the Ministry, writing to WhatsApp head Will Cathcart, said:

Accompanying the letter are several questions that India’s IT ministry would like WhatsApp to answer, they ask about which categories of data WhatsApp collects from Indian users, the permissions sought by WhatsApp and the utility of each of these permissions, whether WhatsApp captures information about other running apps, what user profiling goes on and how WhatsApp’s privacy policies differ from country to country.

WhatsApp has not provided comments to the media about the changes but it previously said the policy wouldn’t affect the privacy of users’ messages with personal contacts. Reuters reports that WhatsApp is running an advertising campaign in India to help quell people’s fears and keep them using the app.

Source: Reuters

• By zikalify
      Hungary could copy Poland in sanctioning social media firms
      by Paul Hill

Hungarian Justice Minister Judit Varga took to Facebook earlier today to announce that she will be consulting with the Hungarian Competition Authority about sanctioning social media firms that engage in ‘unfair commercial practices’. She named Facebook as a firm that tries to reduce the reach of Christian, conservative, and right-wing opinions and that she has personal experience of her posts being "shadow banned".

Her announcement to go after social media firms comes just days after the Polish government said it was looking to introduce a free speech social media law that would create a free speech council that could issue fines to social media firms if they delete content or ban users who do not break Polish laws.

Aside from meeting with the Hungarian Competition Authority, Varga also convened a meeting of the country’s Digital Freedom Committee to look into the issue. She said that the committee also works at the EU level to help regulate global tech companies. Both Hungary and Poland have said that this issue must be tackled by the EU but are working for national solutions in the meantime.

It’s unclear how much support other EU countries would provide to such proposals but German Chancellor Angela Merkel previously stated that Donald Trump’s ban from Twitter was problematic so Poland and Hungary may find some support there.

Source: Judit Varga (Facebook) via Reuters

• By zikalify
      Polish government eyeing free speech social media law
      by Paul Hill

According to a report from BBC News, the Polish government has proposed a new law that would fight so-called political correctness online and promote free speech. The new law, if passed, would establish a free speech council that would attempt to stop social media firms from deleting content or banning users who do not contravene Polish laws.

Any company that was found to be blocking users or deleting their content would be subject to a 50 million zloty ($13.4 million) fine if the content didn’t violate Polish laws. The proposal was announced by the Polish Justice Minister Zbigniew Ziobro on Friday, less than a week after the government’s ideological ally, U.S. President Donald Trump was finally banned from Twitter after years of incendiary use of the platform.

The free speech council would consist of experts, not politicians, who have been appointed for six-year terms by a three-fifths majority vote in the nation’s parliament. Commenting on the law, Justice Minister Ziobro said:

The Polish prime minister Mateusz Morawiecki is also in support of the law stating that freedom of speech online is a priority for him and has spoken out against political correctness. According to reports, the prime minister is planning to lobby the European Union to regulate online censorship as he believes domestic regulations may be ineffective without the continent’s support.

It’s too early to tell if his attempts will be a success or not but German Chancellor Angela Merkel said President Trump’s ban from Twitter was problematic so the Polish government’s ideas may get some support from other leaders.

Source: BBC News