PlayStation 4 Fans - You will love this photo!

Man, I hate going to Best Buy and seeing those empty PS4/XBO boxes lol. Like... why not nowwwww??

Yeah, why cant it be now!

I'm just glad I'm not buying it from a retail store.  Even preordering through one is a nightmare compared to Amazon.

Not to mention the fact that you can literally preorder way in advance and not put down any money, allowing you to cancel right up to the last day before release.  Nice way to hedge your bets.

Its through square trade.  I'm not sure if that is offered on that site as well, but I have to say the rates for coverage are cheap.  I can cover both a ps4 and x1 for two years beyond the standard one year for $80 total.  That's 3 year warranties for both. I like the terms as well since they pay for shipping on a return. 

I really shouldn't be buying both at launch considering the insane expense, but you only live once I suppose.

Definitely going to look into this.  Have never bought a launch console before.. and for 400$ I wouldn't want to be SOL if it dies in a year.

Definitely going to look into this.  Have never bought a launch console before.. and for 400$ I wouldn't want to be SOL if it dies in a year.

Yeah, I rarely buy a console at launch, much less two.  Usually I would pass on these extra warranties, but considering that these consoles are brand new, first gen designs and considering the history of consoles, its worth it.  No matter how nice these things look or how well designed we think they are, they are still expensive electronics that can fail.

Yeah, I rarely buy a console at launch, much less two.  Usually I would pass on these extra warranties, but considering that these consoles are brand new, first gen designs and considering the history of consoles, its worth it.  No matter how nice these things look or how well designed we think they are, they are still expensive electronics that can fail.

My thoughts exactly.. and there is no telling when it will fail.   I had a Motorola Atrix rand 100% perfect for 2 years.. then out of the blue the earpiece speaker died.. I had an extended waranty but if I hadn't I would of been screwed.

Looks like square trade doesn't offer warranties for Canadians outside of select retailers. Amazon.ca only has ST for their kindles.

Happened with the PS3 for me, $1,000. Just over a year after the purchase, unit died and sony wanted $400 to repair it.

Will be getting extended warranty on both consoles this gen.