Is the show desktop button in Windows 8.1 smaller or is it me?

Why would it be a problem though?  You move your cursor to the bottom right corner and click.  Doesn't matter how big the area is as long as your in the bottom right corner.

Yeah I don't get it either, you don't even have to look at the corner, just move your mouse there and click.

ugh, moving your hand back-and-forth between touchscreen & keyboard is pain, utterly unergonomics.

Why do you need to move your hand to your screen to use ALT-TAB?

Most of us just use the KB

Oops read that wrong, never mind

• 5 months later...

Just installed 8.1 update 1 and the show desktop button area of the task bar seems to be off screen, I have my task bar on the left side of the screen (vertical). The bottom part shows 2/3 of the date, so the show desktop area is not displayed at all. Worse if I move the mouse to the bottom corner, I get the tiles. (using surface pro 2)

• 2 years later...
On 11/8/2013 at 11:06 PM, Atomic Wanderer Chicken said:

I noticed that the show desktop button that's not visible is smaller when you click on it. Is the show desktop button smaller in Windows 8.1 or is it just me. I remember it being much larger in Windows 8. I am surpised no one noticed this in Windows 8.1. Did Microsoft make a goof when adding the start button or was it intentional?

I took a screenshot below, I definitely think the button is smaller

Screenshot (56).png

Honestly, I cant even find where it is? Or Am I not seeing something in this image? 

Is it gone from Win 8.1? 

I do use Classic Shell to avoid Metro in Win 8.1 - Is it hidden/ gone/ can be found/ recreated? 

7 minutes ago, xbliss said:

Honestly, I cant even find where it is? Or Am I not seeing something in this image? 

Is it gone from Win 8.1? 

I do use Classic Shell to avoid Metro in Win 8.1 - Is it hidden/ gone/ can be found/ recreated? 

It's the tiny bar to the right of the Clock, and yes it is smaller on 8.1 and 10. Click on it to show desktop, click again to restore all Windows on screen.

You can also do winkey + d btw.