Deer Season

Deer season is open in a lot of places now.  It's been open for a while, but the "modern gun" season just opened in the past day or two.

Anybody got any cool pictures or stories?

Myself, I decided to try something this year for the first time, my AR-15.  I used 5.56mm NATO 62 grain green tip penetrator rounds.  Went completely through, made small entry and exit wounds, disintegrated the heart and lungs, deer was dead within 5 seconds.  Think I'm gonna grind up the meat and make some deer burgers.

Deer burgers yum. have not gone out for years but good times

My Facebook is full of people posting from their cell phones with things like, "Come on big daddy, step out from behind that tree and into my sights", lol.

I was really surprised at the 5.56mm round I used this year.  I'd heard all kinds of things on YouTube about how you "could" deer hunt with an AR, but it wasn't recommended, it wouldn't kill the animal fast, this that and whatever, but my first experience deer hunting with my AR has been pleasant.  May continue to use it since I can buy 5.56 rounds in bulk for 30 cents a round instead of spending a dollar or more per round for 30-06 ammo.