BF4 Crashes - trying to work out what causes it.

Just out of interest, those who are getting random BF4 crashes, can you fill this out?

Version ie 32/64bit:

What Size Game ie 32/64 player:

What Mode Game ie Rush:

What Graphics Card:

What Driver Version:

What Operating System:

Processor:

How much System RAM do you have:

Are you running full screen, windowed, full screen boarderless window:

What sound card are you using:

Screenshot of your BF4 config:

Start you off:

Version ie 32/64bit: 64Bit

What Size Game ie 32/64 player: 64

What Mode Game ie Rush: Rush

What Graphics Card: ASUS Radeon HD R9 280X 3GB

What Driver Version: 13.11 Beta9 (Just seen there is a Beta9.2 out!)

What Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

Processor: Intel i5 3570K 3.4Ghz

How much System RAM do you have: Corsair XMS3 Memory 16GB 1600MHz CL11 DDR3

Are you running full screen, windowed, full screen boarderless window: Full Screen

What sound card are you using: Onboard RealTek HD one

Screenshot of your BF4 config: Coming later

Version ie 32/64bit: 64 bit

What Size Game ie 32/64 player: 64 player

What Mode Game ie Rush: Rush

What Graphics Card: AMD HD 7770 Ghz Edition

What Driver Version: 13.11 Beta

What Operating System: Windows 8.1

How much System RAM do you have: 16GB

Are you running full screen, windowed, full screen boarderless window: Fullscreen 

What sound card are you using: Using Video Card for sound

Screenshot of your BF4 config: Where do I find this?

Sorry I'm killing PC Gaming by only playing on High. I should also add that these crashes only occur maybe once every 10 games or so.

post-350302-0-62069600-1384193233.jpg

Why are you posting this info here? Dice arent trawling the net for this info. I`d suggest posting on there website or sending this info to them via there support.

Which is maybe what he is going to do with it he's collected it?

Which is maybe what he is going to do with it he's collected it?

Dont see half a dozen or so reports posted from another forum being the key. I`d wager there`s already a swathe of data and people willing to provide data on the Battlelog system forums/support they have.

And again it would of been better to post with a link or announcement from DICE asking for the data, and linking to the official means.

Seems unnecessary to post info here we could easily just post ourselfs to the Battlelog site.

Possibly - the main aim was for *us* to see what the common problems are - any patterns etc.

I've found that running in borderless window helps too - but might be the patch...

The game is broken, hard. The devs/EA don't care (as can be seen in the forums as they are a complete no show) if they did they would have fixed it by now rather than leaving it this long then release a 1GB patch that makes the game crash even MORE.

But you wanted some specs so here you go.

Version ie 32/64bit: 64bit

What Size Game ie 32/64 player: 64

What Mode Game ie Rush: Conquest

What Graphics Card: Asus AMD 7990

What Driver Version: 13.11 latest beta

What Operating System: Windows 7

Processor: AMD 8350

How much System RAM do you have: 16GB

Are you running full screen, windowed, full screen boarderless window: Fullscreen

What sound card are you using: Integrated Realtek HD

Screenshot of your BF4 config: **Everything** is set to Ultra on 1920*1080

Just out of interest, those who are getting random BF4 crashes, can you fill this out?

Version ie 32/64bit: 64bit

What Size Game ie 32/64 player: all

What Mode Game ie Rush: all

What Graphics Card: R9 280x toxic

What Driver Version: 13.11 beta 9.2

What Operating System: 8

Processor: i7 950

How much System RAM do you have: 12GB

Are you running full screen, windowed, full screen boarderless window: full screen

What sound card are you using: xifi titanium

Screenshot of your BF4 config:

Its the server code also the drivers from AMD that are contributing to the crashes, on the server side theres nothing you can do although i heard turning Ambient Occlusion off helps to avoid crashes so try turning that off if you crash a bit see if it helps. otherwise posting this info is useless as like someones said the game has bin out for weeks and theyd of compiled data from battlelog so posting stuff here wont help in the slightest.... no offense

It's not the hardware causing it.. the game itself is an early beta. It's even crashing on XBOX and PS ffs.

This. Also how much data do people think is needed to draw conclusions?

6-12 peoples hardware profiles does not equal a fair slice of the PC hardware demographic.

Nor would 4-6 of those people having the same hardware and same problems necessarily be an endemic causation.

I noticed that my Battlefield 4 was lagging like hell, even on lower graphics settings. I Googled around and found out that Windows 7 has a setting which can park/sleep idle/unused processor cores. This guide (basically saying change the value of a key in several locations in the registry) http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-amp-Core-Parking-a-better-way-to-Turn-It-OFF-m1861804.aspx worked for me and I have a lot less CPU lag.

Anyway, here is my BF4 details:

Version ie 32/64bit: 64-bit

What Size Game ie 32/64 player: N/A - Single player only

What Mode Game ie Rush: N/A - Single player only

What Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 580

What Driver Version: Latest as of 16/11/2013

What Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K

How much System RAM do you have: 8GB

Are you running full screen, windowed, full screen boarderless window: Full Screen

What sound card are you using: On-board sound (Asus P8P67 motherboard)

Screenshot of your BF4 config: N/A - But all settings are on Ultra, except for Antialiasing Defferred, which is off.

It's only done it for me once or twice, so definitely not impossible.

It clearly is impossible as you just stated you have crashed. Even people in the BL forums have threads called "I never crash" and you read their post and they say that the server crashes for them. WTF?! It's clearly crashing for you even if its not your client.

**In fact I'll go as far as saying anyone who says they have NOT crashed multiple times on the PC version is a liar.**

It clearly is impossible as you just stated you have crashed. Even people in the BL forums have threads called "I never crash" and you read their post and they say that the server crashes for them. WTF?! It's clearly crashing for you even if its not your client.

So because I've had a crash it's impossible anyone else in the universe might not have had that experience?

...is this what passes for logic around here now?