COD Ghosts is better on Xbox One.

I tried to watch my Son play this on the 360 the other night... (He's 15 and don't know any better  :woot:  )....

it's pretty bad...

Let's just say, the current talent at IW will always be chasing the IW team that brought us CoD4:MW, and seems that they will never gain ground either..

you must have some special laser vision :) . even blown up its hard to tell.

ibtZ2maiaHdtdm.png

Well if you can't see the difference up close like that, you'll never see it when you're sitting many feet away from your television.

Framerate is way more important than resolution.

• Like 2

Doesn't look that much different in those shots. It's aliasing everywhere...holy ****!

I'd rather have the better textures and especially the more stable performance in a twitch shooter though...and that's not the PS4 version apparently.

Even with the poor color correction on the PS4 shots (yellow hue) you can clearly see crisper texturing on the Xbox One version (the guy getting stabbed's jacket for example).

GTA is a current gen game with a large open world environment. Sure, if you haven't played COD for six years, then you may think some of the features are great. But how is that any excuse? You could say that about any game/franchise. 

EXACTLY.

If you have played EVERY GTA to death, GTA V isn't that fantastic.  If you last played COD4 and didn't buy everything in between, COD Ghosts may be great.

Fact is, a billion in inventory for COD Ghosts has been purchased - people are buying it.

I'll play through single play, no interest in online play.  Love redbox and now that they got both discs in stock, i'll have some fun.

Notice how the textures look better on the X1 in ghosts just like they did on the BF4? atleast they so in my opinion.

holy ****. just discovered something. I pixel counted both versions and the ps4 version is actually running in 720p native. I looked at the captures again,and you are right, there is a slight blur to the ps4 version. perhaps its the upscaling issue like in battlefield where the xbox versions looks crisper. these captures were done at the review event,and the captures were done in 1080p.

we know the earlier ps4 reviews said there were framerate issues. did a resolution downgrade happen for the review event only? or is it a permanent downgrade? even polygon guy said he couldn't tell a difference.

you must have some special laser vision :) . even blown up its hard to tell.

ibtZ2maiaHdtdm.png

Which one of these is the PS4 and which is the XO picture. pixel counts aside, the left one seems to be running at a slightly higher native res. 

You can see it on the edge of the collar where the right picture, is a straight vertical highlight line, and the brim of the hat thing. though it might be that they simply aren't the exact same frame/animation. 

The highlights also seems brighter on the left one, consistent with higher resolution (law of averages, a higher res will pick up the bright pixels in the middle, the lower res will get the slgihtly duller average of the bright and the area next to it), visible on the back of the helmet. 

Mind. Blown.

Surely somethings up here? It just doesn't compute.

EDIT: From closely inspecting the screenshots it seems like some trickery is going on here. You can notice the higher native resolution but it seems like lots of artifacts like the explosion effects and lighting are mapped in a lower resolution. 

holy ****. just discovered something. I pixel counted both versions and the ps4 version is actually running in 720p native. I looked at the captures again,and you are right, there is a slight blur to the ps4 version. perhaps its the upscaling issue like in battlefield where the xbox versions looks crisper. these captures were done at the review event,and the captures were done in 1080p.

we know the earlier ps4 reviews said there were framerate issues. did a resolution downgrade happen for the review event only? or is it a permanent downgrade? even polygon guy said he couldn't tell a difference.

So it looks like the PS4 is also 720p upscaled to 1080p according to other websites? Someone has some explaining to do if IW has said it is 1080p native, are they lying?

So it looks like the PS4 is also 720p upscaled to 1080p according to other websites? Someone has some explaining to do if IW has said it is 1080p native, are they lying?

I honestly don't get it, it appears like some artifacts are denser rendered but the image is clear sub full HD. Did they capture from a 720p source? 

I honestly don't get it, it appears like some artifacts are denser rendered but the image is clear sub full HD. Did they capture from a 720p source? 

They need to give an explanation i think, not that i have a problem with 720p as BF4 and Ghosts textures do look better on the X1.

Which one of these is the PS4 and which is the XO picture. pixel counts aside, the left one seems to be running at a slightly higher native res.

the left one is actually the xbox one version. you can verify it by looking at the original images above.

Its a play on words, that is all. The textures are probably the same source textures on both systems its how they're outputted - one being hardware scaling and the other being programmatic scaling ends up being the same

Interesting that this was regarded as a benchmark when the PS4 was announced at 1080p, but now, it's just a pile of faeces as it's ruining the earlier plaudits. The hypocrisy is crazy here

Interesting that this was regarded as a benchmark when the PS4 was announced at 1080p, but now, it's just a pile of faeces as it's ruining the earlier plaudits. The hypocrisy is crazy here

After all these years, people still believe what Sony says?  This marketing behavior is straight out of the same failbook err playbook we see launch after launch after launch.

Both consoles will be fun, both will look great..

You should over to 'that' forum. It's like the 1st stages of mourning over there.

You should over to 'that' forum. It's like the 1st stages of mourning over there.

Have any direct link? i don't want to grace that forum with legit page views, i just want to laugh in their general direction :D

the left one is actually the xbox one version. you can verify it by looking at the original images above.

In that case the PS4 is definitely running 720p on the build these shots are taken on, and the PS4 upscaler really is truly ######, to the level of actually removing details like highlights and find details that shouldn't be gone just more blurry. 

Have any direct link? i don't want to grace that forum with legit page views, i just want to laugh in their general direction :D

Funny thing is, the forum has actually imploded. It's down.

Finally got into Gaf, it's absolutely hilarious how they're back tracking on EVERYTHING..  "oh, yeah.. uh.. launch titles, we expected them to suck after al l.. even though we swore they would be more awesome on ps4 than xb1 reviews are actually showing just the opposite" or another one "in 13-14 months it should be amazing!"

In 13-14 months i'll be playing the next Bungee franchise, have 8 months of titanfall under my belt and we'll be watching the superbowl while playing fantasy football on my xb1

• Like 2