Marvel's "Daredevil" Series

Looking forward to this. I've pretty much reduced my hero shows to Daredevil and The Flash. I do hope that this season goes back to the roots and is less over-the-top as season 2.

Spoiler

What bothered me most about Season 2 was that the first season was about how much they could endure as friends and remain friends whereas Season 2 was all about tearing that up and throwing it in the trash. It felt too soon to throw away the team they'd built. So I hope Season 3 focuses on mending those burnt bridges.

• 1 month later...

...and cancelled.

Netflix cancels Daredevil after three seasons

Netflix and Marvel TV’s Daredevil will officially end after the third season, according to a statement from the streaming service, which was first reported by Deadline.

“We are tremendously proud of the show’s last and final season and although it’s painful for the fans, we feel it best to close this chapter on a high note,” the company said in a statement. “We’re thankful to showrunner Erik Oleson, the show’s writers, stellar crew and incredible cast including Charlie Cox as Daredevil himself, and we’re grateful to the fans who have supported the show over the years.

Netflix’s statement also noted that although there won’t be any new Daredevil episodes, all three seasons will continue to live on the platform. Netflix also noted, “the Daredevil character will live on in future projects for Marvel.”

/snip

The Verge

Jessica Jones and The Punisher are undoubtedly next. :(  The Daredevil living on "in future projects for Marvel" probably just means the new Disney streaming service...or maybe Hulu?  /sigh

Though ComicBook has a different take ...

//

Of course, with the cancellation of Marvel's flagship series, it's very doubtful that Charlie Cox will appear as Matt Murdock in a future Netflix show — but that doesn't mean he won't show up elsewhere. Marvel Television still has relationships with Disney-owned networks like ABC and Freeform, as well as the partially-owned streaming service Hulu.

There's a chance that these series or characters could show up in other Marvel TV series, like Agents of SHIELD, or they could be revived with slightly smaller budgets on Hulu.

Some people have presumed that Marvel Television has plans to take these series to Disney+, but that seems unlikely. The new streaming service will be a family-friendly affair, and the Marvel Netflix series so far have been decidedly more adult oriented.

There's also the fact that Disney+ is launching new series from Marvel Studios; the movie side of Marvel is a different company than Marvel Television, which is part of the reason why TV events are not reflected on the big screen.

//

ComicBook

Marvel's stretching themselves too thin. too many spinoffs, shows, movies, cartoons. it's clear that people are reaching superhero overload.

admittedly, i only watched season 1 of Daredevil, but i found it to be pretty boring. 90% of the scenes were just dialogue. it seemed like most of it was just the three of the main characters talking in their office about whatever. when there was action, i felt it was pretty good.

to compare daredevil to their other shows on Netflix, i watched 2 eps of jessica jones and had to stop. again, 90% dialogue and almost no action. Luke Cage was the same way. Iron Fist was even worse. i watched season 1 of both of those series. I mean, how many scenes in Iron Fist were just those two rich business people talking about family problems in their office building? i want to see iron fist kick ass, not sulk around the city all day trying to reconcile his feelings w/ some family he never knew. ugg.

We all saw this coming, it was only a matter of time.   Now I think Disney just wants it's marvel characters to be under it's own streaming roof, be it their new service or something like Hulu.    I actually think they're going use all their marvel characters to set up their new service to get the marvel comics fans to sign up.

2 minutes ago, George P said:

We all saw this coming, it was only a matter of time.

To be fair, even though I liked s3 I couldn't see the point if they were just going to keep rehashing the same villain.

I'm sure he's a signature villain for it but I wouldn't want to see him again.

Problem with the Marvel shows is, they put out to much at the same time.   They flooded people with a ton of different Marvel shows and movies.  Personally,  I am getting kinda bored of them all.  I stopped watching a lot of DC shoes as well because of this.  That and they kept having cross over episodes so if you didn't watch the other shows, you miss out on stuff.

But anyway, quality of quantity in my book.  Produce a few good shows and leave it at that.

• 2 years later...