Marvel's "Daredevil" Series

Only seen the first episode so far, not bad! I like the dark gritty feel of it, the other super hero TV shows already contain more than enough "fun"

Will watch the rest of the season over the week.

Here's something interesting I found, of course I've only read it to episode 7, because I'm currently on episode 8:

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/daredevil/245324/daredevil-netflix-series-marvel-universe-easter-eggs-and-comic-references-guide/page/0/1

• Like 1

could i just watch 1 then 6-13?  would it still be entertaining?   i am planning to watch 1 now, but i would like to finish before monday... and 11+ hours is too much for me.

actually i will watch first 2 to see how it goes, but (unlike the Better Call Saul) I am not really here for character development, I want more action.

As much as I thought episodes 2-5 were snore fests, the action scenes in those episodes were pretty awesome, and does set up the storyline in those later episodes. 

I would say you would miss too much storywise, then again i dont think you would miss too much.

Just finished. 

DAMN that was good. What I like most were the action scenes. The fact that he actually has to

fight everybody, and it's exhausting... as opposed to one-hit knockouts until the "Boss" fight.

That hallway scene straight out of Old Boy? More, please.

Just finished.

I'll use your words.

Unfortunately, they pulled a "Smallville", but at least it wasn't an extremely quick glimpse of the suit.

The suit should've showed up long before the season finale. I do prefer this suit to the one Affleck wore in the 2003 snooze fest.

Here's something interesting I found, of course I've only read it to episode 7, because I'm currently on episode 8:

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/daredevil/245324/daredevil-netflix-series-marvel-universe-easter-eggs-and-comic-references-guide/page/0/1

Just noticed that I linked to page 2 and not the first page, so here it is for anyone who hasn't read it yet:

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/daredevil/245324/daredevil-netflix-series-marvel-universe-easter-eggs-and-comic-references-guide

Just finished binge-ing .. very cool. Can't wait for Season 2.. if there is going to be one. Did anyone catch

Apparently there's a framed newspaper (New York Bulletin) talking about the Stark Tower being invaded by the Chitari ).. can't seem to find it. Also.. did anyone see the Avengers tower at all? I kept my eye open .. but didn't see it at all.

This is surprisingly good!!!! In a way this feels like a much higher quality production than Shield or Carter.

The police station scene in episode 5 ..

These guys know how to create tension and atmosphere.

Also Deborah Ann Woll is like watching candy. 

While I enjoyed it I thought that it was only ok for being a first season.  I have always thought that Daredevil was a poor mans Dark Knight.  I still can't get passed his partner as being a whiney little B....

I did like Kingpin but thought his speech mannerisms were a bit annoying.

While I enjoyed it I thought that it was only ok for being a first season.  I have always thought that Daredevil was a poor mans Dark Knight.  I still can't get passed his partner as being a whiney little B....

I did like Kingpin but thought his speech mannerisms were a bit annoying.

thought i was the only one who noticed, kind makes him sound a bit dim or slow doesn't it.

still bad ass what he did with the car door, didn't see that coming.

I'm glad to see that this is show is receiving thumbs up from most Neowinians! This show is currently on my "want-to-watch" list behind a whole bunch of other shows. But maybe it'll get a bump up now since theres only 13 episodes.  :shiftyninja:

thought i was the only one who noticed, kind makes him sound a bit dim or slow doesn't it.

still bad ass what he did with the car door, didn't see that coming.

Whilst I haven't read any of the Daredevil comics (frankly I do not give a flying panini about most comics), it would seem to me that the kingpin guy is an ex boxer who obtained severe trauma during his boxing days. He still sounds better than Klitchko .. which is a plus. Just finished the 5th episode.

I am digging the whole crime / lawyer / corruption thing.

Just finished the final episode so it is official.
Daredevil on Netflix is possibly my favorite Marvel property thus far.
Movies. Television. Count them all. I do think it is probably the best thing they have done thus far.
It is not flawless mind you, especially some of the characters are played either by not the best actors or are very stereotypical, but it is pretty damn close actually.
Just amazingly executed. Dark. Gritty. Dare I say Real even. Fight scenes are top notch. The way exhaustion plays such an important aspect of the fights, truly making it know this is a human being and not a superhuman fighting, is perfect.
Marvel finally nailed a television series. Netflix is a HUGE reason why they were able to.

Whilst I haven't read any of the Daredevil comics (frankly I do not give a flying panini about most comics), it would seem to me that the kingpin guy is an ex boxer who obtained severe trauma during his boxing days. He still sounds better than Klitchko .. which is a plus. Just finished the 5th episode.

I am digging the whole crime / lawyer / corruption thing.

same, couldn't care less about the comics, read one or two in the past but i'd rather see the characters come to life on film / tv.

brain damage would make sense, he seems pretty deranged.

Just finished the final episode so it is official.

Daredevil on Netflix is possibly my favorite Marvel property thus far.

Movies. Television. Count them all. I do think it is probably the best thing they have done thus far.

It is not flawless mind you, especially some of the characters are played either by not the best actors or are very stereotypical, but it is pretty damn close actually.

Just amazingly executed. Dark. Gritty. Dare I say Real even. Fight scenes are top notch. The way exhaustion plays such an important aspect of the fights, truly making it know this is a human being and not a superhuman fighting, is perfect.

Marvel finally nailed a television series. Netflix is a HUGE reason why they were able to.

This "realistic aspect" and the fighting scenes that you mention really stand out. I loved that "hallway" fighting scene which seemed to be done in one take (Reminded me a bit of that Oldboy scene). You could see how the character was really exhausted and started making little mistakes. It just feels better than the over the top stuff that the other shows do.

Owen Slater is brilliant. I have not seen the guy since Stardust and Boardwalk Empire.

But = <3 nom nom nom

my1_5309_rt.jpg

The suit isn't the best but then again I don't mind it too much.  Now to see what they can do for season 2.

Just finished episode 7, damn this is amazing! :D Probably my second favourite "hero" tv show to the flash now, just love how dark and gritty it is, kind of like a dark version of batman tbh :p

Will they make a season 2?

IMDB lists the actor having his next Daredevil gig in "The Defenders"

They've had success with it from what I've read, think a s2 is being planned?