Official PS4 System reviews

2376216-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

Could (legitimately) be the table, but if not, that's weird.

Also, not that this would impact any potential decision to buy a PS4 for me, but that thing is an ugly piece of hardware.  Never thought so from the promo pics, but seeing it here...just not doin it for me.

• Like 2

Not laud but a tad bit hot it seems.  They could've made it a bit thicker and it could've knocked off a good 10 degrees from the temps I bet.

My fat PS3 runs at a good 60-68 degrees and that's with using control fan utility.

Also

<snipped>

It's not the table. It has three small legs that are unstable.

rIUV0BH.jpg?1

The legs aren't unstable. There is no rubber stoppers under the glossy part so that it fits in the stand.

The legs aren't unstable. There is no rubber stoppers under the glossy part so that it fits in the stand.

what?

Face it, its unstable horizontally..

lol

(i can't believe the console wars have come to this)

• Like 3

what?

lol

I was explaining the reason behind the rubber nubs not being under the glossy side.

You answer me with "face it" and then go onto console wars? Your posts in the COD topic, then the MGS topic and now this, you having a meltdown or something?

what?

lol

? it only wobbles if you press on it. It won't do that unless you try to. There is no "stability" problem here.

Well if the thing really is unstable horizontally, then someone doing an official review will mention it, I'm sure.

Until then, I'm always going to be skeptical for claims or rumors that are on the internet, a place filled with trolls, fanboys, and people that just generally like to stir things up.

Well if the thing really is unstable horizontally, then someone doing an official review will mention it, I'm sure.

Until then, I'm always going to be skeptical for claims or rumors that are on the internet, a place filled with trolls, fanboys, and people that just generally like to stir things up.

This is true, first mentioned by GiantBomb I think.

See here starting at 1m mark

This is true, first mentioned by GiantBomb I think.

See here starting at 1m mark

Ah ok, well then that is confirmed.

I do plan to have my system laying horizontally, but it will not be out in the open, so that's not a big deal to me.  Its still a little weird.

So all these reviews are saying the PS4 is a beast of a game system with no true BEAST games for it yet?

Basically, I think the consensus at the moment is that its clear the ps4 has the hardware to provide great games.  Right now, it just doesn't have the library to give most gamers a reason to run out and buy one on day one.  They could happily wait until next year and let more games come out first.

Beyond the games, the ui hasn't gotten great marks, beyond performance being good.  A lot of little things that just didn't seem to get finished in time for launch.

So its more of a situation where being an early adopter does not really mean getting the best experience.  A lot can improve over time. This is not really new to console launches.  You buy in on day one because your buying for a future promise of exciting games and experiences. The key is that any next gen console has a strong base to build on.  The PS4 has that.

The wobbling and what not does not bother me nor does the lack of 3d bluray.  It does bother me a little thats it was being touted as a true game console and 50% more powerful but from what ive seen its unnoticeable. I had both consoles preordered but i sold my preorder ticket for ps4 and made 150 bucks profit lol.  I will get one sometime but im just not excited about it.  XO has enough other stuff to actually get used while there isnt many games out.

ku-xlarge.gif

Sorry but that's just poor design. What if my cat jumps on my console with the disc spinning inside. Does it scratch it like the old Xbox 360's?

It should have had 4 evenly distributed legs.

<snipped>

Then there are people saying the front USB ports are not accepting certain USB sticks because the bottom protrusion is blocking full insertion. WTF?

• Like 1

So most reviewers are saying wait, since they're aware of the current economic situation and providing the sound financial advice of don't buy it unless you need it.

Funny, I've been following this all my life ;)

• Like 4

Yeah, the big take away is that if you wanting to buy a ps4 for the games, you are probably better off saving your money for now and buying one a year down the line.

You will have a much stronger lineup and that will allow time for Sony to patch in features, fix bugs, etc.

I really should have waited on getting a ps4 if I'm going to be honest.  I'm finding it hard to find any games I want to buy.  Its very likely I stick to just games offered via ps+ for no extra cost or some other indie titles.  Literally the games I'm most interested in are either next year or indie titles. That is not worth $400 right now.  But I'm getting one as an early adopter, a tech guy. 

• Like 3

Yeah, the big take away is that if you wanting to buy a ps4 for the games, you are probably better off saving your money for now and buying one a year down the line.

You will have a much stronger lineup and that will allow time for Sony to patch in features, fix bugs, etc.

I really should have waited on getting a ps4 if I'm going to be honest.  I'm finding it hard to find any games I want to buy.  Its very likely I stick to just games offered via ps+ for no extra cost or some other indie titles.  Literally the games I'm most interested in are either next year or indie titles. That is not worth $400 right now.  But I'm getting one as an early adopter, a tech guy. 

I feel the same with about the Xbox one :( All come out next year... ugh.. I dont recall this happening when the 360 came out. I remember Gears of war coming out pretty early..i think

I feel the same with about the Xbox one :( All come out next year... ugh.. I dont recall this happening when the 360 came out. I remember Gears of war coming out pretty early..i think

That's going to vary from person to person.

For me personally, I found more from the launch lineup on the X1 that I want that on the ps4.  However, I agree with you that I don't think either console has a lineup right now that is diverse enough or high enough quality to make paying $400 or $500 worth it.  Buying one at launch means that your interested in more than just the launch lineup.