Broken PS4 Systems Popping Up

I was just reading the Amazon reviews about the DOA ones. I understand there are going to be flaws, but wouldn't expect systems to be straight up DOA. For the launch consoles does Sony and or Microsoft not physically test these models before shipping them out. Honestly, I know that the launch ones are the ones rushed out with not all the fixes, but those are the ones you would think to be extra tested mainly because the consumer perception is all hinged on how those do.

As posted in another thread but more relevant here...

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Apparently half the reviews on amazon right now are DOAs. At least the half that has a working console really like it.

Half of Amazon reviews doesn't necessarily mean a significant numbers of PS4's are DOA. Generally speaking, negative reviews are more common than positive ones. Not trying to suggest there isn't an issue (obviously there is one of some sort), just making the point that it isn't a reliable indicator of the scale of it.

Half of Amazon reviews doesn't necessarily mean a significant numbers of PS4's are DOA. Generally speaking, negative reviews are more common than positive ones. Not trying to suggest there isn't an issue (obviously there is one of some sort), just making the point that it isn't a reliable indicator of the scale of it.

I'm aware of that bit of psychology and wasn't trying to imply scale. Just posting what's going on. Its certainly not good PR for Sony though as a lot of people do their shopping on Amazon.

I'm aware of that bit of psychology and wasn't trying to imply scale. Just posting what's going on. Its certainly not good PR for Sony though as a lot of people do their shopping on Amazon.

Certainly isn't good PR. I am keeping an eye open to see if it does become a major issue, but so far there doesn't seem to be a large number of complaints outside of Amazon.

As posted in another thread but more relevant here...

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Apparently half the reviews on amazon right now are DOAs. At least the half that has a working console really like it.

I read some of them, not good :/

I'm an XB1 fan myself, but don't expect to see that launch go flawlessly either. We're talking millions of consoles here for either company. Even if 0.001% of them have problems, you'll be hearing about it.

Reading the Amazon comments, does anyone know the difference between a pulsing blue / red light?

Assuming red means uber ******.

It seems to me that the pulsing blue light is a HDMI video port issue. I could be wrong though.

It seems to me that the pulsing blue light is a HDMI video port issue. I could be wrong though.

*gasp*. The swear filter is bypassed??

Nice haha.

Edit.

And it's gone.

Sucks for sony.

Wonder if all those amazon reviews are true.

I read some of them, not good :/

Not good at all.  Most shockingly was the number of people who seem to have been told that it will take 4 to 5 weeks to resolve the issues under warranty.  That's unacceptable as far as I'm concerned and it's that lack of after sales service that put me off Sony a long time ago.

• Like 3

It seems that "issues" people are having w/PS4 are all over the map. It's hard to take serious, but also raises concern at the same time.

The RRoD and E74 (I believe that's it) were the common ground most people had with the 360.

I'm hearing it sounds like a jet taking off (hard to believe but people have mentioned it)

Red line of death

Blue line of death

Some are DOA...

Problems do arise with new tech... I'm just don't like the wide range of problems...

Some of it I take with grain of salt.,, some of it, I also tread with concern...

• Like 3

I saw some were shipping back to Amazon and some directly to Sony, is there a difference or are both handled by Sony warranty?

Don't know.  Maybe it depends on who they contacted???  IME Amazon are generally excellent with returns and provide no quibbles replacements.  I had a Nokia charger that stopped working after a few months.  I filled in a form on Amazon's website at 11pm, dropped the charger off at some affiliated shop the next day and a replacement charger was waiting for me when I got home :o

I saw some were shipping back to Amazon and some directly to Sony, is there a difference or are both handled by Sony warranty?

Well I would always send mine back to Amazon first before the manufacturer. The reason for that is that Amazon will cross ship a replacement if its in stock. So I could get a new ps4 in my hands before sending the broken one back to them. If you send it direct to Sony, they wont cross ship.

Well I would always send mine back to Amazon first before the manufacturer. The reason for that is that Amazon will cross ship a replacement if its in stock. So I could get a new ps4 in my hands before sending the broken one back to them. If you send it direct to Sony, they wont cross ship.

Yeah that's what I figured, wonder why people are opting to ship direct to Sony then? :s (judging by some 1 star (verified) reviews on Amazon).