Waitress denied

544171_453425841430201_1880158113_n.jpg

A waitress who had a ?10 tip withheld and was left a rude note by a bigoted customer has since been inundated with more than ?1,000 in donations from around the world.

After Dayna Morales was criticised because of her perceived sexuality, the message was then shared on Facebook ? leading supporters to donate small change via Paypal, which has already added up to a four-figure sum.

The receipt, for a $93.55 (?58.22) meal at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, New Jersey, was left on the table scribbled with the message: ?Sorry I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle & the way you live your life.?

But Ms Morales ? a former Marine ? has had the last laugh, telling Metro that people have telephoned in to her job to donate money, or even called ?from the other side of the US to order a soda and tip me off of it?.

In addition she has received more than $1,200 (?750) in donations via Paypal within 24 hours, and the total is still rising.

?It blows my mind and puts the biggest smile on my face to know that so many stand behind me and are out there willing to help. I?m speechless I really am,? she said.

Earlier, an angered Ms Morales sent a picture of the unnecessary note to an LGBT group on Facebook and said: ?I am THOROUGHLY offended mad p****d off and hurt that THIS is what her kids will grow up learning and that I served in the Marines to keep ignorant people like them free.

?Sorry lady but I don?t agree with YOUR lifestyle and the way you?re raising your kids but you didn?t see me throwing that in your face and giving you s****y service. Keep your damn mouth shut and pray we never cross paths again.?

The picture has been shared almost 2,000 times on the social networking site, with thousands more liking and commenting on it.

One Facebook user encouraged everyone to give Ms Morales a PayPal donation of $1 ?which would equal the tip she deserved?.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/15/waitress-denied-10-tip-and-given-rude-note-for-being-gay-internet-responds-in-spectacular-fashion-4188348/?ITO=facebook

But the internet, again, surpassed expectations.

Its just going to turn out to be another hoax like this one:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/banker-1-tip-hoax-real-receipt-obtained-195827093.html

And this one:

http://freepatriot.org/2013/10/30/hoax-waitress-accusing-patron-of-racial-slur-on-receipt-busted-as-fraud/

Its just a new "thing" to do now - write something on a receipt, upload a photo of it and sit back while idiots on "social media" send you donations.

• Like 9

Theres NO SUCH THING as homophobia, it is just called being an azzhole!

Unless she was being utterly blatant about it, how the hell can you tell a person is gay just by looking at them?

I'd say by the way she looks, short hair and all, doesnt take much to assume she is gay.  I do know several by the way they look/talk/mannerisms they are gay.  Not hard to tell on some and they do not have to be blaytant.  A friend of my sisters dresses like this woman and she is gay.

Woman is clearly nothing but trash and deserves public humiliation.

huh?

post-91978-0-57037600-1384536716.jpg

• Like 2

You mean a conservative source like "the free patriot" tries to rationalise away racism. Gee, frankly that shocks me. Odd that neither of these are respected news outlets.

You mean a conservative source like "the free patriot" tries to rationalise away racism. Gee, frankly that shocks me. Odd that neither of these are respected news outlets.

Typical of you to just attack the source, we all know you have no evidence to the contrary. That's all you know how to do. You've been proven wrong, deal with.

I'd say by the way she looks, short hair and all, doesnt take much to assume she is gay.  I do know several by the way they look/talk/mannerisms they are gay.  Not hard to tell on some and they do not have to be blaytant.  A friend of my sisters dresses like this woman and she is gay.

You do realise that those are your opinions, prejudices and that they are hugely out of date these days?

Another conservative source? Yeah, I'm so much more convinced now.

Its already been proven. Choosing to ignore any source that doesn't parrot your world view is your own problem.

Unless she was being utterly blatant about it, how the hell can you tell a person is gay just by looking at them?

Woman is clearly nothing but trash and deserves public humiliation.

I know a few people, you can tell just by looking at them :laugh:

This is funny, because if someone withheld a tip from a flaming heterosexual for slapping you in the face with their sexuality, no one would care.

Reverse bigotry FTW!

If I was a painter and dressed like a paintbrush to show everybody exactly what I was up to in my free time, people would have a right to react to what I presented to them about myself in public. If a trekkie waited tables in their uniform, they might loose a few tips too.

I certainly don't agree with discrimination, I'm just saying it's only news because she's gay, and that not news at all. 

• Like 1

I'm not tipping you and I am going to take this opportunity to spew bigotry at you too.

This is funny, because if someone withheld a tip from a flaming heterosexual for slapping you in the face with their sexuality, no one would care.

Uh... What?

• Like 2