Waitress denied

I'd say by the way she looks, short hair and all, doesnt take much to assume she is gay.  I do know several by the way they look/talk/mannerisms they are gay.  Not hard to tell on some and they do not have to be blaytant.  A friend of my sisters dresses like this woman and she is gay.

huh?

post-91978-0-57037600-1384536716.jpg

That's Miley Cyrus!!!!

I know a few people, you can tell just by looking at them :laugh:

That may be but I know a few that you would never know was gay. I think it just depends on if they present themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Family Says They Did Tip Gay Server, Didn't Leave Note

After a gay server at a New Jersey restaurant said a customer denied her a tip and wrote her a hateful note on the receipt, a local family contacted NBC 4 New York and said their receipt shows they paid a tip and didn't write any such note.

Dayna Morales, a former Marine and a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, posted a photo on Facebook earlier this month, showing the bill with a line through the space for a tip. The photo of the receipt showed someone had written, "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle."

Morales indicated in her Facebook post, and in subsequent media interviews -- including with NBC 4 New York -- that the customer wrote that line.

But a family contacted NBC 4 New York claiming their receipt from the restaurant shows they did leave a tip, and provided what they said was a credit card statement as proof.

The husband and wife, who asked to remain anonymous, showed NBC 4 New York a receipt that appeared to be printed at the same minute, on the same date, for the same $93.55 total, except with an $18 tip.

Source

This seems to be a common thing nowadays - pretend you got a hateful tip from a customer then wait for the donations to pour in.  :/

I'd say by the way she looks, short hair and all, doesnt take much to assume she is gay.  I do know several by the way they look/talk/mannerisms they are gay.  Not hard to tell on some and they do not have to be blaytant.  A friend of my sisters dresses like this woman and she is gay.

huh?

My girlfriend looks and dresses in a very similar manner to this woman, but she's not gay... trust me ;)

My girlfriend looks and dresses in a very similar manner to this woman, but she's not gay... trust me ;)

I knew a girl who looked a lot like this waitress. I don't know if she was gay but if she was she definitely made an exception on at least one occasion ;)

Wonder if all the clowns on the first page who were raging about this will be returning to eat their humble pie?

Can't imagine you're actually wondering that...

proof has not been established that the waitress wrote it though.  could have been another co-worker? 

True enough

Wonder if all the clowns on the first page who were raging about this will be returning to eat their humble pie?

You think they will try to get a refund on their donations, too?

This mandatory tipping thing in America is crazy. 

As an owner of a restaurant, getting rid of tipping would just mean paying more for your food. So you'd pay the same regardless. The only real benefit to the tipping system is that most servers don't report all of their cash tips so they save some on taxes. I suppose that's a detriment too, though. But to the customer, it doesn't really matter cost-wise and it gives the server some incentive to actually be a good server rather than just toss your food on the table.

As an owner of a restaurant, getting rid of tipping would just mean paying more for your food. So you'd pay the same regardless. The only real benefit to the tipping system is that most servers don't report all of their cash tips so they save some on taxes. I suppose that's a detriment too, though. But to the customer, it doesn't really matter cost-wise and it gives the server some incentive to actually be a good server rather than just toss your food on the table.

Disadvantage is no fixed price for food.

Can't imagine you're actually wondering that...

Nope, not really.

All the rampant heterophobes will disappear and wait for the next time some "oppressed" soul cracks open a paypal account and asks for their sympathies in the form of dollars.

Family reportedly has proof server faked anti-gay note

A New Jersey couple is reportedly disputing a story that made headlines nationwide about a gay waitress who was left a note criticizing her "lifestyle" instead of a tip, claiming their receipt shows they did leave a tip and didn't write the note.

NBCNewYork.com reports that the couple, who asked to remain anonymous, contacted the station after the story went viral and produced a receipt that was apparently printed at the same time, on the same date, for the same amount, except with an $18 tip.

The couple also produced document they claimed was a Visa bill, which indicated their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55, the station reported.

more

• Like 1