Waitress denied

A tip isn't really a tip if it's expected, is it?  If it's something that everyone expects to get paid, and it makes the news if they didn't get it, that's called the bill.  A tip is something you get for going above and beyond the expectations of service.

I don't tip a waiter for bringing me my food, edible, smiling occasionally, and not being a jackass.

I will tip a waiter if they make me laugh.

I have tipped a bus driver for doing some of the most amazing bus acrobatics I have seen to avoid hitting a 6 year old boy in the middle of the road, as well as avoiding hitting anything else, in the process.

I will not tip a delivery person for bringing me my food on time.

I will tip a delivery person for apologizing for bringing the wrong order (if it wasn't their fault), speeding back to the restaurant, and then bringing me my food with more apologies and almost no extra wait time.

When I do tip, I give enough money for that person to go out and buy a little treat for themselves.  Not a measly $2.

If tips have become expected, then people in general need to stop tipping.

The  23-year-old former U.S. Marine came under attack after the family she accused of leaving the message produced a copy of the receipt and a credit card statement showing they were charged $111.55, which included an $18.00 tip on their $93.55 tab. The couple denied leaving any message on the receipt.

I ain't taking sides because I don't know what happened, but I always get a customer receipt and my credit card statement for me to take home, and then sign the restaurant's copy for them to keep. I could write whatever I wanted on the restaurant's copy and it wouldn't show up on my copy.