COD: Ghosts Hi Res Textures require 10-30 minutes to install

What in the world has IW gotten themselves into?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/15/5110014/call-of-duty-ghosts-hi-res-textures-may-take-30-minutes-to-install-on

That just sounds so weird that you could be playing the game for half an hour before the hi res textures are actually being used.

Why in the world don't they just require the complete install before you start playing if it has to do that?

You know, they've really screwed all this up in the first generation of games. I've been incredibly confused on all of the games I've had if I had to install, how to install, and if it was installing. Assassin's Creed showed a progress on the multiplayer option and wouldn't let you select it until it was done. CoD I don't have a clue. I didn't play that long, did I play long enough to install them? There needs to be a central progress bar in the game page on the PS4 Home so you can see if it's installed or not. I was thinking CoD didn't look that great, but now I see I may not have even had the high res textures, haha. I guess I'll just have to play it for a while.