The "Knockout Game" spreads

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/16/potentially-fatal-knockout-game-targeting-strangers-may-be-spreading-to-d-c/

WASHINGTON - A terrifying new ?game? that?s already caused deaths in Syracuse, St. Louis and New Jersey is sweeping the nation, and it preys upon unsuspecting people walking the streets, anywhere.

A recent report from New York-based CBS 2 shed light on the growing trend, displaying unsettling footage of teens participating in this game ? which goes by the name ?Knockout? ? and involves randomly targeting passersby, with the ultimate goal being to knock them out with one punch as they walk by.

One victim shown in the footage was 46-year-old Ralph Santiago of Hoboken, N.J., who was found dead with his neck broken and head lodged between iron fence posts, according to NJ.com.

Video surveillance shows Santiago walking in an alleyway in broad daylight, and just as he?s about to pass a pack of teenagers, one launches the fatal, knockout blow.

And what?s the point?

?For the fun of it,? one teen said in the video.

" They just want to see if you got enough strength to knock somebody out,? said another.

D.C. has not been spared of this violent trend.

One local woman, who was attacked on 14th Street NW in Columbia Heights on Thursday, tells DCist.com she believes to have been a target of this game, as a group of around eight males on bikes came up behind her, with one hitting her in the head. According to the report, police categorized the attack as ?simple assault.?

The woman tells the publication she believes others in the area should be on the lookout for similar types of attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwF-uJAvz8U

• Like 1

Hey, we finally exported something to the US! We had this a few years ago, called "Happy Slapping".  It was essentially the same thing. Mindless thugs randomly attacking passers by and recording it on their phones for YouTube...

• Like 1

Hey, we finally exported something to the US! We had this a few years ago, called "Happy Slapping".  It was essentially the same thing. Mindless thugs randomly attacking passers by and recording it on their phones for YouTube...

Don't know where it started, don't really care to know, but it has been happening in the US for a few years too.

Also, it's not all been bad news.

Useless savages.

I would hope that they all come across the wrong person one day.

More evidence of the damage Youtube has done to society.

Why don't they just start playing the "Passout game" again instead. At least then when something goes wrong they just end up killing themselves.

• Like 1

Why don't they just start playing the "Passout game" again instead. At least then when something goes wrong they just end up killing themselves.

They should take up Russian Roulette... With a full clip.

• Like 2

Useless savages.

I would hope that they all come across the wrong person one day.

... and that person will go to prison :/

Things like this only lead me to feel that society is doomed.. you see something as good as the whole Batkid in San Francisco to cheer you up, then you see something as dreadful as this. Ugh. 

• Like 2

This wasn't what I was expecting to read when I clicked the link. :s

Me neither. This is assault, plain and simple. And because it is premeditated it should carry the maximum penalty possible.

And what?s the point?

?For the fun of it,? one teen said in the video.

Call me old fashioned if you must but I don't remember randomly attacking people part of any fun I had. Sounds like the behaviour of sociopaths.

... and that person will go to prison :/

Yeah we should all just let ourselves be victims. That's why these black kids have the attitudes that they do and think it's okay to run around beating random people on the street. Because they're told from the moment they can comprehend words that they're a victim by their parents.

So it's a game played by cowards then.

Only cowards get in groups because they are too scared to go one on one.

Only cowards can hurt those who are weak and won't fight back, like women.