Xbox One Launch Thread

+Ryster

They are? Nice! Forget everything I said!

Forget what? /g

Kostas Kostoglou

I havent received any email/ credit card confirmation but it says this. im getting a little antsy knowing its coming tomorrow and havent received detailed info. but your description and mine is pretty similar

I'm hoping it's just a case of them not updating the status on the website yet, but Amazon.co.uk seem to be cutting it a little fine for my liking.

I pre-ordered in June, and less than 6 hours before launch day, the status on the website still says "Preparing for Dispatch". It's been in this status since late last night.  My copy of Dead Rising 3 was despatched yesterday. I was a Prime member at the time I ordered so I've paid for expedited delivery, but still....  me a little nervous :)

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

post-446263-0-33109800-1385060591.png

Brewzzin

soitbegins.jpg

$128.05?!  :huh:

• Like 2
Atomic Wanderer Chicken

$128.05?!  :huh:

I think Xendrome must have had gift card credit that covered most of the price of the Xbox one, which would make sense.
  • Like 1
spacer

I think I'm going to take advantage of Best Buy's 360 trade-in promotion to get a new 360. I currently have an Elite model that is starting to make noise while reading discs. So I'm going to trade it in for $100, buy an E Holiday bundle off of Amazon, and walk way with a brand new, replacement 360 and 2 games for $150. Woot. That should hold me over until I decide to get a One.

Brewzzin

I think Xendrome must have had gift card credit that covered most of the price of the Xbox one, which would make sense.

That would make sense.  

• Like 1
Andrew

Xbox UK just tweeted 15 minutes ago they have 101 Day One consoles to sell tonight at the Area One event in London. Might be worth going down there soon if you haven't got a pre-order.

trooper11

Well that is just great. Thanks to Amazon, I now wont get my console until Monday. Everything was just fine until this morning, when they process the payment incorrectly and put the whole thing on hold. I get it all sorted, but now its too late to get it shipped on time.

Oh but I'll still get my game and extra controller! :crazy:

xendrome

You would be correct!

FiB3R

Well that is just great. Thanks to Amazon, I now wont get my console until Monday. Everything was just fine until this morning, when they process the payment incorrectly and put the whole thing on hold. I get it all sorted, but now its too late to get it shipped on time.

Oh but I'll still get my game and extra controller! :crazy:

I had a similar issue with Game.

Apperently, out of nowhere, there were two Xbox's in my basket (I had checked on it multiple times before, so I know I didn't put two in there), and so the large transaction was declined by the CC company (who tried to call me, but had an old number).

Luckily, Game tried to take the payment on the 14th, so I had enough time to get it sorted.

I had 48hrs in which to contact them, otherwise I suppose I would have lost my pre-order position.

They've told me 100% it will not effect it being a Day One edition, or the delivery date, but I'm still kinda worried about that tbh.

spudtrooper

Armored cars delivering XB1's to NYC

Uu0OBrH.jpg

• Like 6
spacer

They're the only ones with enough torque to move an Xbox One.  :rofl:

• Like 3
freak180

How are they shipping it exactly? UPS?

-T-

I'm so lame I'm going to bed now @ 9:30Pm, just to get up and be closer to the consoles arriving :D

• Like 5
Kostas Kostoglou

I got no emails from amazon about my card being charge but i just went and checked my chase account and there is a temporary charge.for 544... im feeling a litte more confident now even though its been saying shipping all day and no other status

Brewzzin

Just got my amazon notification on my phone that it shipped. Expected delivery is tomorrow.

xboxfan50

I'm getting that feeling of excitement in my stomach, it's so close!

• Like 2
Martog

Evidently they are still processing the pre-orders for Day One as a rep assured me I'd have it tomorrow despite not having shipping info yet.

Kostas Kostoglou

Yea i was assured as well but what annoys me is that my friend put their preorder on a regular xbox(before changed to dayone) on amazon in september while mine was in june and got tracking info in the afternoon.. oh well as long as i get mine i dont care but i keep checking my status every few lol

Martog

Yea i was assured as well but what annoys me is that my friend put their preorder on a regular xbox(before changed to dayone) on amazon in september while mine was in june and got tracking info in the afternoon.. oh well as long as i get mine i dont care but i keep checking my status every few lol

Yeah I'm just a bit nervous too on it.  They could've slapped them on the trucks and will be putting in the shipping info later.  Almost wish I would have just pre-ordered at the local gamestop since we have one now, I keep forgetting since I generally just Amazon my games, my two X1 games are from Amazon due to my Discover Card cash back, only paid $24 for DR3 and AC4 lol.  My AC4 is sitting here on my desk.  Need to disconnect my PS3 sometime.

trooper11

I would make a thread for the live launch event tonight at 11, but considering how few were following the ps4 thread, I don't think its worth it.

Plus, MS made it clear that there would be no surprise new game announcement.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      Microsoft's acquisition of Bethesda has been approved by the EU
      by João Carrasqueira

Microsoft's acquisition of ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda and its game studios, has been approved by the European Union, as reported by The Verge. The purchase will cost Microsoft $7.5 billion, which is about as much as the company paid for GitHub in 2018. Last month, the EU had revealed the deadline for the decision was March 5, last Friday. The deal was approved without conditions, as it was determined the deal didn't raise any serious concerns regarding its "compatibility with the common market".

Microsoft has been on a shopping spree for gaming companies in the last few years, and it's clear that its gaming ambitions are not small. At E3 2018, Microsoft announced five acquisitions of studios including Playground Games and Ninja Theory, and then later that year it added inXile and Obsidian to its portfolio. In 2019, Double Fine Productions joined the party, too.

ZeniMax is, by far, the most notable acquisition Microsoft has made in the gaming space, however. The many studios owned by the company are responsible for massive franchises such as DOOM, Wolfenstein, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and many more. All in all, Microsoft will now own 23 game studios, which should provide a strong foundation for its Xbox division.

One of the big questions that arose from the purchase is the future of games that were initially announced as PlayStation 5 exclusives - Deathloop and GhostWire: Tokyo. Microsoft has said that it will honor those exclusivity deals. As for future games, Microsoft has said that whether they will be on multiple platforms is to be decided on a case-by-case basis. Phil Spencer has stated that the intention of the acquisition wasn't to bar players on other platforms from playing those games, but also said that releasing on multiple platforms isn't a necessity in order to recoup the $7.5 billion cost.

One of the effects we can likely expect is that more Bethesda games will be added to Xbox Game Pass more quickly. Doom Eternal made its way to the subscription service very quickly after the acquisition was announced, and that's only bound to ramp up once the deal is finalized.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft Edge Chromium is starting to roll out for Xbox consoles
      by Rich Woods

If you've been waiting for Microsoft's new Edge browser to show up on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles, well, you'd probably be one of few. However, it's finally available, as spotted by Windows Central. A small group of Xbox Insiders are getting it now, and it will probably roll out to the general public in a matter of weeks.

The reason that this needs to be done in weeks instead of months is that Edge Legacy will no longer be supported after March 9. That means that if you haven't moved to the new Edge by April's Patch Tuesday, you'll be considered to be in an unsecure state.

The difference between the two browsers is that the new Edge is built from the open-source Chromium browser, the same one that Google Chrome is based on. On Windows 10, those on the latest feature update already have the new Chromium-based browser. For those that aren't, Microsoft will be pushing out an update in April.

Up until this point, Microsoft has been pretty quiet about the state of Edge Chromium on Xbox consoles. The Edge team was always very clear that the browser was eventually coming to all platforms where Edge Legacy lives, but all it ever really said was that it wouldn't be available for Xbox at the time of launch early last year. But now, it's finally here.

• By indospot
      NBA 2K21, Star Wars: Squadrons, and more are coming to Xbox Game Pass this month
      by João Carrasqueira

As we start a new month, it's time for a new wave of games to make their way to Xbox Game Pass, and Microsoft has announced a handful of them. Most of the lineup announced today is focused on sports titles, and a good part of those comes from Electronic Arts through the EA Play service, which has been included with Xbox Game Pass for console since last year.

The lineup of EA Play titles for March was announced last week, and those are the titles being added to Game Pass as a result. These include Star Wars: Squadrons and Madden NFL 21. Here's the full list of Xbox Game Pass games being added:

Madden NFL 21 (Console, EA Play) - Available now Football Manager 2021 (PC) - March 4 Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition (Console and PC) - March 4 NBA 2K21 (Cloud and console) - March 4 Star Wars: Squadrons (Console, EA Play) - March NHL 21 (Console, EA Play) - April In addition to these new games, Microsoft also mentioned that Cricket 19 is now available on Game Pass for PC and Elite Dangerous is now available on the cloud, after being added to the console variant of Game Pass last month.

Microsoft has also highlighted a few titles that are leaving the service this month, which you may want to check out while you can. Here's the full list:

Alvastia Chronicles (Console and PC) Astrologaster (PC) Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Console and PC) Kona (Console) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Console) All of these games are leaving Game Pass on March 15, so you only have a few more days to try them out. As a reminder, a few games that were added a couple of weeks ago are still available to play at no additional cost. We should see another wave of games announced in the middle of the month, as per Microsoft's tradition.

• By indospot
      Amazon releases an Alexa app for Xbox, but you still need an Alexa device
      by João Carrasqueira

The Xbox One has supported Alexa voice commands for over two years, but until now, it was available as an Alexa skill. That means that, while you can use an Alexa-enabled device like an Echo speaker to control an Xbox console, there were some limits to what you could do with it. Most of the features were related to Xbox-specific things, like launching games or turning on the console.

That's changing, though, as Twitter user WalkingCat has spotted a new Alexa app for Xbox on the Microsoft Store (via MSPoweruser). According to the listing, the app supports both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. The app brings Alexa features directly to the console, but as noted in the app's description, you'll still need an Alexa-enabled device to use it.

As for what you can do with it, it should include all the same features as the Alexa skill for Xbox, like launching a game, playing music, and so on. You can also do non-Xbox related things, though, like ask the digital assistant to see a shopping list on the TV or see a security camera feed there.

As Microsoft has moved away from Cortana as a consumer-facing feature, third-party assistants have started expanding their presence on Windows-based platforms. In addition to Xbox integration, there's also an app for Windows 10 PCs - which uses a different Microsoft Store listing - that's bundled with PCs from select OEMs.

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for a weekly Deals with Gold sale. This week, games like X, X, and more are available for substantially less. Below, you'll find the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. The games marked with an asterisk are only valid for Xbox Live Gold members.

Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      If you're still using an Xbox 360, there's a lot going on this week. Almost all the games are backward compatible so you can play them on your Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.