Xbox One Launch Thread

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Armored cars delivering XB1's to NYC

Uu0OBrH.jpg

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

spenser.d

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

I'm guessing its more for show than actually thinking they'll get stolen (though depending on which part of NYC they had to drive through you never know).  They wouldn't have advertised what's in them if they cared that much.

spenser.d

thosse are not day one edition boxes!

I believe you had to preorder to get the Day 1 consoles.

trooper11

Ok, its a miracle!

I go to check Amazon's order page to see if my controller and game were still on track for tomorrow, and what do you know?  The console is now due tomorrow...

I had to refresh the page several times to trust what I was seeing. I still don't completely trust it after the weird things that happened this morning, but there is a tracking number from UPS and its apparently left the facility.  :unsure:

What a roller-coaster, but maybe I can dig in tomorrow after all. The Amazon gods have decided to look kindly upon me.

Crisp

Day One achievement

phphgz0ra.jpg

RageOfFury

Day One achievement

phphgz0ra.jpg

I hope you already used that code...

Crisp

I hope you already used that code...

Try it, might work :P

Not my picture.

RageOfFury

Try it, might work :p

Not my picture.

Ah...lol...maybe I will! :shiftyninja:

• Like 1
scumdogmillionaire

Mine is coming from Amazon and is already at the UPS facility in Denver. Yay!

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

• Like 1
RageOfFury

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

Thanks for the info.

Ironman273

This is where I stand currently.  I ordered mine from Microsoft:

Miami, FL, United States 11/21/2013 8:30 P.M. Departure Scan  

11/21/2013 7:08 P.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 11/21/2013 4:30 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                         11/19/2013 11:55 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

and

Jacksonville, FL, United States 11/21/2013 1:14 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                              11/17/2013 1:34 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm in southeast Florida.

Martog

That's nice to know.  I've only ordered one item before this, and they gave me the info for my play and charge it but not my console, yeesh.

Kostas Kostoglou

I just got a notification from my Amazon app that An item has been shipped and checked it was the xbox and the status changed from shipping now to preparing for shipment! yupeeee

BoDEAN

Paid standard shipping from Gamestop...............not 2 day or next day.  It will be delivered to me in Chicago tomorrow. Cha-Ching!

The_Decryptor

Kinect is meh, the controller and native IPv6 support is great though.

BajiRav

Jealous of all of you...

You and me...both.

Dot Matrix

Heh. The XBoxOne Live event is in MTV's old TRL studio. Hello, XBox? I'd like to request Blink 182, please!  :woot: 

trooper11

Yeah, its a blast from the past! :laugh:

trooper11

At least they are sharing Titanfall info.

Atomic Wanderer Chicken
  • Like 1
trooper11

That was a nice demo reel of what is coming in the future to the X1.

I think I saw new Quantum Break footage too.

trooper11

That was so funny to watch.  Its the clashing of two cultures that makes it cringe worthy, but also hilarious.  The geek and the pop culture icon/celebrity :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft earnings: $37.2B revenue with big Surface and gaming growth
      by Rich Woods

Today, Microsoft announced its earnings for the first quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. Overall revenue grew by 12% (12% in constant currency) over the same quarter last year for a total of $37.2 billion. That's broken up into Productivity and Business Processes with $12.3B revenue and 11% (11% CC) growth), Intelligent Cloud with $13B revenue and 20% (19% CC) growth, and More Personal Computing with $11.8B revenue and 6% (6% CC) growth.

In the Productivity and Business Processes department, it was led by 9% increase in Office Commercial products and cloud services, including 21% (20% CC) growth in Office 365 Commercial. The other piece of products and cloud services, the products, declined 30% as more businesses move to the cloud.

For consumers, Office products and cloud services revenue grew by 13%, and Microsoft 365 Consumer subscribers are now at 45.3 million, a 27% increase. LinkedIn revenue grew by 16%, and sessions grew by 31%. For Dynamics, products and cloud services revenue grew by 19% (18% CC), driven by Dynamics 365 revenue, which grew by 38% (37% CC).

As usual, Azure drove the growth in the Intelligent Cloud section. All Server products and cloud services grew by 22% (21% CC), and that includes a 48% (47% CC) growth in Azure. Server products actually declined 1%.

For More Personal Computing, Windows OEM revenue actually declined by 5%, but that actually includes 31% growth in non-Pro revenue, so there was also a 22% decline in Pro revenue. Windows Commercial products and cloud services grew 13% (12% CC).

Surface revenue saw a big boost, with a 37% (36% CC) increase. For this and the increase in Windows non-Pro revenue, Microsoft attributes increased PC demand. Gaming revenue increased by 22% (21% CC), inclusing a 30% increase in Xbox content and services. Finally, search advertising revenue, excluding traffic acquisition costs, was down 10% (11% CC).

• By LoneWolfSL
      Cyberpunk 2077 hit with another delay, now releasing on December 10
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

With less than a month to go before CD Projekt RED's latest RPG Cyberpunk 2077 was set to launch, the studio has announced another delay to the game. It's not a drastic one this time, as this delay pushes the launch back by only 21 days. Instead of November 19, Cyberpunk 2077 will now launch on December 10 across all platforms.

While apologizing for this latest delay, CD Projekt RED said that preparing essentially nine versions of the game for a simultaneous launch - "Xbox One/X, compatibility on Xbox Series S|X, PS4/Pro, compatibility on PS5, PC, Stadia" - while working from home has been challenging.

"Since Cyberpunk 2077 evolved towards almost being a next-gen title somewhere along the way, we need to make sure everything works well and every version runs smoothly," said the developer, explaining the situation. "We're aware it might seem unrealistic when someone says that 21 days can make a difference in such a massive and complex game, but they really do."

The studio added that while it announced Cyberpunk 2077 had 'gone gold', with all game content being ready for shipping, it had undercalculated the time it needed to make other improvements using a day 0 update.

If the latest plans hold, Cyberpunk 2077 will be releasing on December 10, 2020. An enhanced next-gen version of the game is also in development, which will be landing sometime later for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 with free upgrades to current-gen owners.

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature Borderlands, Destiny, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for weekly Deals with Gold, Spotlight, and Publisher (Shocktober, Star Wars Mandalorian, and Watch Dogs: Legion Hack) sales. This week, games from Borderlands, Dead Space, and other franchises are available for substantially less.

Below, you'll find the Xbox One and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. Xbox Live Gold members receive additional discounts on a number of titles through the paid subscription which is denoted with an asterisk.

Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      Many of the Xbox 360 games appear to be backward compatible so you'll be able to play them on your Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox Series X|S. Currently, Microsoft isn't adding any more backward compatible titles to the program, but that should change in 2021.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.

• By Asher Madan
      You can earn these Destiny 2: Trials of Osiris rewards from October 23 to 27
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Destiny 2 hosts a Trials of Osiris event where teams of three compete for access to The Lighthouse. The Lighthouse promises Pinnacle rewards that boost you closer to the current Power Level cap.

The player vs. player competition also grants other items if you get three, five, or seven wins. However, you'll have to get seven wins in a row, without a loss, if you want to grab the Pinnacle gear from The Lighthouse. You can take a look at the Trials of Osiris rewards from October 23 to 27 below.

Three wins: The Scholar legendary scout rifle Five wins: Exile's Curse legendary fusion rifle Seven wins: Mark of the Exile legendary armor Flawless: Legs of the Exile legendary armor Trials of Osiris starts at 1 PM EDT on Friday and lasts until 1 PM EDT on Tuesday. You can use the Passage of Mercy from Saint-14 because it forgives one loss if you're aiming for Flawless. If you manage to get seven wins in a row, you'll have to manually select The Lighthouse location displayed in the Crucible menu to obtain the Pinnacle reward. This involves jumping across a few platforms and opening the chest where Saint-14 and Osiris are standing.

• By Abhay V
      Xbox Live issue preventing Xbox One and Windows 10 users from launching their games [Update]
      by Abhay Venkatesh

If you were looking to play some games today, heading into the weekend, and fired up a game on your Xbox One or Windows 10 PC only to find that you are unable to access it, you’re not alone. Xbox Support just acknowledged on Twitter that it is aware of an issue with users being unable to access games due to some issues with Xbox Live. The company is actively investigating the issue.

Depending on some users’ reports on Twitter, it looks like trying to launch games returns a "The person who bought this needs to sign in" message, which likely is due to some authentication issues with Xbox Live. The status page for the service notes that there are issues with ‘Purchase and Content Usage’ that affects launching games or apps. The problem is affecting Xbox One and Windows 10 devices. There is no word on a possible ETA for the restoration of the service.

Those interested can keep an eye on Twitter or the Xbox Live Status page for updates for more information. Additionally, you can also choose to request for a notification by signing in on the status page and having the site send an Xbox Live notification or text message.

Update 1: The support account has posted an update on Twitter noting that users should now be able to access their games. However, the status page still notes problems with buying "downloadable" items and launching games.

Update 2: The Xbox Live Status page has also been updated to reflect that all the issues have been fixed.