Xbox One Launch Thread

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Armored cars delivering XB1's to NYC

Uu0OBrH.jpg

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

spenser.d

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

I'm guessing its more for show than actually thinking they'll get stolen (though depending on which part of NYC they had to drive through you never know).  They wouldn't have advertised what's in them if they cared that much.

spenser.d

thosse are not day one edition boxes!

I believe you had to preorder to get the Day 1 consoles.

trooper11

Ok, its a miracle!

I go to check Amazon's order page to see if my controller and game were still on track for tomorrow, and what do you know?  The console is now due tomorrow...

I had to refresh the page several times to trust what I was seeing. I still don't completely trust it after the weird things that happened this morning, but there is a tracking number from UPS and its apparently left the facility.  :unsure:

What a roller-coaster, but maybe I can dig in tomorrow after all. The Amazon gods have decided to look kindly upon me.

Crisp

Day One achievement

phphgz0ra.jpg

RageOfFury

Day One achievement

phphgz0ra.jpg

I hope you already used that code...

Crisp

I hope you already used that code...

Try it, might work :P

Not my picture.

RageOfFury

Try it, might work :p

Not my picture.

Ah...lol...maybe I will! :shiftyninja:

• Like 1
scumdogmillionaire

Mine is coming from Amazon and is already at the UPS facility in Denver. Yay!

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

• Like 1
RageOfFury

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

Thanks for the info.

Ironman273

This is where I stand currently.  I ordered mine from Microsoft:

Miami, FL, United States 11/21/2013 8:30 P.M. Departure Scan  

11/21/2013 7:08 P.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 11/21/2013 4:30 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                         11/19/2013 11:55 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

and

Jacksonville, FL, United States 11/21/2013 1:14 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                              11/17/2013 1:34 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm in southeast Florida.

Martog

That's nice to know.  I've only ordered one item before this, and they gave me the info for my play and charge it but not my console, yeesh.

Kostas Kostoglou

I just got a notification from my Amazon app that An item has been shipped and checked it was the xbox and the status changed from shipping now to preparing for shipment! yupeeee

BoDEAN

Paid standard shipping from Gamestop...............not 2 day or next day.  It will be delivered to me in Chicago tomorrow. Cha-Ching!

The_Decryptor

Kinect is meh, the controller and native IPv6 support is great though.

BajiRav

Jealous of all of you...

You and me...both.

Dot Matrix

Heh. The XBoxOne Live event is in MTV's old TRL studio. Hello, XBox? I'd like to request Blink 182, please!  :woot: 

trooper11

Yeah, its a blast from the past! :laugh:

trooper11

At least they are sharing Titanfall info.

Atomic Wanderer Chicken
  • Like 1
trooper11

That was a nice demo reel of what is coming in the future to the X1.

I think I saw new Quantum Break footage too.

trooper11

That was so funny to watch.  Its the clashing of two cultures that makes it cringe worthy, but also hilarious.  The geek and the pop culture icon/celebrity :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Corsair announces a new wireless gaming headset for Xbox One, Series X, and Series S
      by Jay Bonggolto

Corsair today announced a new wireless gaming headset that's compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. The company says the HS75 XB headset will also work with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S when these consoles roll out on November 10.

The headset uses 50mm neodymium drivers and has a uni-directional microphone that should minimize unnecessary sounds from the environment. Corsair also claims the HS75 XB is the company's first headphones to feature Dolby Atmos spatial sound. It also includes on-ear game audio and chat mix controls.

Connectivity-wise, the headset can pair directly with your console through Xbox Wireless technology, with up to 30 feet of wireless range. That means it won't require a wireless receiver installed on the console to function. However, you will need an Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect the headphones to your Windows PC. The adapter is also sold separately.

The headset's battery can last up to 20 hours on a single charge. It's available starting today via Corsair's online storefront and authorized retailers worldwide for $149.99. The product comes with a two-year warranty as well.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Ubisoft Connect unveiled, a multi-platform service replacing Uplay and Ubisoft Club
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Ubisoft today announced Ubisoft Connect, a brand new service that will be available across its games as the "new universal home for all Ubisoft in-game services, activities, and communities on all platforms." The new service will go online on October 29, replacing the Uplay and Ubisoft Club resources that the company has been offering for many years now.

Ubisoft Connect arrives as a free platform that will be integrated into all currently supported games by the company as well as upcoming releases going forward across PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, mobile, and Stadia. According to Ubisoft, this will enable it to allow cross-play and cross-platform progression in its new games.

Through this system, which is a brand new overlay, players will receive personalized tips depending on their gameplay stats and playstyle, while also gaining easy access to social features like cross-platform friends lists and activity feeds, among others.

Meanwhile, on PC, Uplay is being taken over by the Ubisoft Connect for PC app, a rebranding similar to what EA is attempting with its Origin to EA Desktop app transition.

Features from Ubisoft Club are being integrated into Ubisoft Connect too, offering players in-game challenges to complete that provide rewards as well as Ubisoft Store discounts. However, since there's a new system in town aimed at newer games, over 1,000 rewards for older Ubisoft titles have now been made completely free.

A handy FAQ regarding Ubisoft Connect can be found here. As previously mentioned, the multi-platform service is going live on October 29. Once the service goes live, the PC and mobile version download links can be found through here.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Halo 4 Insider testing is now live across PC and Xbox One, brings cross-play support
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

343 Industries planned to kick off the first Insider test of Halo 4 last weekend but was pushed back at the last minute. In a surprise opening and without waiting for the next weekend, the developer has now kicked off the highly-anticipated flight. If previous plans hold true, everyone who has signed up to be a Halo Insider will receive an invite this time, meaning both PC (across Steam and Microsoft Store) and Xbox One users are eligible.

According to 343 Industries community manager John Junyshek, the invites are still going out in waves, so keep an eye out for an email with instructions or head to HaloWaypoint and check for notifications there.

From Halo 4, this flight contains Requiem, Forerunner, Reclaimer, Shutdown, and Composer campaign missions, 11 multiplayer maps across Social and Competitive playlists, and Spartan Ops content, among other enhancements such as Forge improvements, advanced graphics options, and an FOV slider.

Aside from those, 343 Industries is finally preparing to bring cross-play across PC and Xbox One versions as well as input-based matchmaking and server region selection capabilities to the Master Chief Collection. The testing of these features is also happening in this build.

In other Halo news, it was announced earlier today that Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be receiving Xbox Series X|S enhancements on November 17, bringing many enhancements that have been made to the new PC version over to the next-gen console version.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Fallout 76 goes free-to-play for a week across all platforms
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

In the Fallout universe, October 23 marks the day that the almost-world-ending thermonuclear war began, kicking off the events that spawned all the Fallout storylines fans know and love. Celebrating the occasion, Bethesda is hosting a Free Play event for Fallout 76 alongside sales and more.

From now until October 26, Fallout 76 is free-to-play across PC (Steam and Bethesda client), Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, with the full game - including the human NPC-adding Wastelanders update - available to try out. However, keep in mind that Xbox Live Gold is still a requirement for Xbox One players.

Moreover, the Fallout 76 subscription service, Fallout 1st, has also received a trial for players to try out for free until October 26. Interested wasteland dwellers can find a Fallout 1st Limited Preview item in the Atomic Shop, which will grant them access to the Scrapbox and Survival Tent. The former provides unlimited storage for crafting components, while the latter is a user-spawned, fully-equipped fast-travel point.

Picking up Fallout 76 will allow players to carry on where they left off following the free event's departure without losing their progress. The base game is discounted by 60% during the event across all platforms, with further sales happening for the Fallout 76 Deluxe Edition, various bundles, as well as Atoms. Discounts for Fallout 4 and Fallout Shelter in-game bundles have also kicked off celebrating the event.

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature Fallout, Madden NFL, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for weekly Deals with Gold, Spotlight, and Publisher (Cozy Games and Bombs Drop) sales. This week, games from Fallout, Madden NFL, and other franchises are available for substantially less.

Below, you'll find the Xbox One and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. Xbox Live Gold members receive additional discounts on a number of titles through the paid subscription.

Xbox One

Xbox 360

Many of the Xbox 360 games appear to be backward compatible so you'll be able to play them on your Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox Series X|S. Currently, Microsoft isn't adding any more backward compatible titles to the program, but that should change in 2021.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.