Xbox One Launch Thread

Armored cars delivering XB1's to NYC

Uu0OBrH.jpg

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

I'm guessing its more for show than actually thinking they'll get stolen (though depending on which part of NYC they had to drive through you never know).  They wouldn't have advertised what's in them if they cared that much.

Ok, its a miracle!

I go to check Amazon's order page to see if my controller and game were still on track for tomorrow, and what do you know?  The console is now due tomorrow...

I had to refresh the page several times to trust what I was seeing. I still don't completely trust it after the weird things that happened this morning, but there is a tracking number from UPS and its apparently left the facility.  :unsure:

What a roller-coaster, but maybe I can dig in tomorrow after all. The Amazon gods have decided to look kindly upon me.

Mine is coming from Amazon and is already at the UPS facility in Denver. Yay!

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

Thanks for the info.

This is where I stand currently.  I ordered mine from Microsoft:

Miami, FL, United States 11/21/2013 8:30 P.M. Departure Scan  

11/21/2013 7:08 P.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 11/21/2013 4:30 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                         11/19/2013 11:55 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

and

Jacksonville, FL, United States 11/21/2013 1:14 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                              11/17/2013 1:34 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm in southeast Florida.

That's nice to know.  I've only ordered one item before this, and they gave me the info for my play and charge it but not my console, yeesh.

I just got a notification from my Amazon app that An item has been shipped and checked it was the xbox and the status changed from shipping now to preparing for shipment! yupeeee

Heh. The XBoxOne Live event is in MTV's old TRL studio. Hello, XBox? I'd like to request Blink 182, please!  :woot: 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Asher Madan
      Disco Elysium: The Final Cut hits Xbox on October 12
      by Asher Madan

Recently, we reported that Disco Elysium: The Final Cut was rated for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch. The team at ZA/UM said that the game would come to other platforms in Summer 2021, and it looks like it's delivering. Today, the title's official Twitter account announced that it's launching on Xbox on October 12, 2021.

For those unfamiliar with Disco Elysium, it's a role-playing game that lets you make essentially any choice that you want. It's regarded as an important work in the genre. The description of the title on its Steam listing reads:

It's unclear what the Xbox Series X|S optimizations will be at this point, but as soon as we know more, we'll let you know. It's great to see that this title will hit Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S in a few weeks!

• By Asher Madan
      Alan Wake Remastered comparison trailer reveals significant visual upgrades
      by Asher Madan

Today, Remedy Entertainment revealed a detailed comparison between Alan Wake Remastered and the original Xbox 360 version. As evidenced by the trailer posted below, the game not only receives higher resolution rendering, but also adds better textures, lighting, and advanced features like reflections.

This is the first time the title will be available on PlayStation systems, with PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 getting the enhanced version. It's also coming to PC and Xbox. Luckily, the wait isn't too long because it's launching on October 5, 2021.

Alan Wake focuses on the titular character as he battles shadow-like creatures using his flashlight — and guns — as weapons. The game is regarded as a cult classic nowadays and it's beloved on PC and Xbox platforms.

Alan Wake Remastered features the base game and The Signal and The Writer story expansions. There's also going to be developer commentary track by the game's Creative Director Sam Lake.

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One September update focuses on remote play and game discovery
      by Asher Madan

Today, Jonathan Hildebrandt, the Principal Program Manager of Xbox Experiences, detailed what players can expect with the September console update on Xbox Wire. This month's update lets you access games on PC through the Xbox app, introduces Play Later discovery, a new Microsoft Edge browser, and a host of other changes. You can read more about them below.

Xbox Cloud Gaming is now available through the Xbox app on PC for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members in almost two dozen countries. Keep in mind that this feature is still in beta. You can now access your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One consoles on PC through remote play with the Xbox app. Remote play is different from Xbox Cloud Gaming because it requires you to own the hardware. Play Later discovery allows you to make your own list of Xbox Game Pass games. You can save any game you're interested in on the list and play it later. Microsoft Edge is getting updated on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One to make it faster and more secure. It seems like the updates are already available to a number of Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One owners. Be sure to check your console's settings if you haven't already, and download the latest version of the Xbox app through your PC's Microsoft Store.

• By Asher Madan
      Select Insiders can now go back to using Xbox 360 gamerpics on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
      by Asher Madan

Even though we're two console generations past the Xbox 360, many gamers remember those days fondly, despite the "Red Ring of Death" that plagued earlier devices. Lately, a slew of Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S owners have been asking Microsoft for a way to go back to their Xbox 360 gamerpics.

Well, Xbox Engineering Lead Eden Marie took notice and delivered. Today, she said that Xbox Insiders in the Alpha - Skip Ahead ring would see a new option in the "Change gamerpic" section of their profiles.

Your Xbox 360 gamerpic should appear there, and you'll be able to select it. Luckily, Eden also fixed how they display on modern consoles a few weeks ago so it should look great on your TV.

If you wanted to use that old Master Chief gamerpic from Halo 3, now's your chance.

• By Asher Madan
      Halo and Star Wars get major discounts in this week's Deals with Gold
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for a weekly Deals with Gold sale. This week, games from the Assassin's Creed, Forza, Halo, and Star Wars franchises are available for substantially less. Below, you'll find the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. The deals and games marked with an asterisk are only valid for Xbox Live Gold members, so you'll need an active paid subscription for the additional discount.

Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      Many of the games are also backward compatible so you can play them on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One. If you still only have an Xbox 360, you're out of luck this week because the selection is the slimmest I've ever seen.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you buy any? Let us know in the comments below.