Xbox One Launch Thread

Armored cars delivering XB1's to NYC

Uu0OBrH.jpg

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

That's a bit extreme for delivering game consoles

I'm guessing its more for show than actually thinking they'll get stolen (though depending on which part of NYC they had to drive through you never know).  They wouldn't have advertised what's in them if they cared that much.

Ok, its a miracle!

I go to check Amazon's order page to see if my controller and game were still on track for tomorrow, and what do you know?  The console is now due tomorrow...

I had to refresh the page several times to trust what I was seeing. I still don't completely trust it after the weird things that happened this morning, but there is a tracking number from UPS and its apparently left the facility.  :unsure:

What a roller-coaster, but maybe I can dig in tomorrow after all. The Amazon gods have decided to look kindly upon me.

Mine is coming from Amazon and is already at the UPS facility in Denver. Yay!

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

Those that ordered from Microsoft that didn't get tracking info -- don't worry. This has happened to me more than once with them. Laptop that I ordered back in May that STILL says its waiting for shipment on their site, even though it showed up two days later. And the Surface RT launch -- I thought for SURE there was no way it would get there on that day as it still showed in China that morning but it made it. Their shipping is weird, but it makes it.

Thanks for the info.

This is where I stand currently.  I ordered mine from Microsoft:

Miami, FL, United States 11/21/2013 8:30 P.M. Departure Scan  

11/21/2013 7:08 P.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 11/21/2013 4:30 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                         11/19/2013 11:55 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

and

Jacksonville, FL, United States 11/21/2013 1:14 P.M. Departure Scan

United States                              11/17/2013 1:34 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I'm in southeast Florida.

That's nice to know.  I've only ordered one item before this, and they gave me the info for my play and charge it but not my console, yeesh.

I just got a notification from my Amazon app that An item has been shipped and checked it was the xbox and the status changed from shipping now to preparing for shipment! yupeeee

Heh. The XBoxOne Live event is in MTV's old TRL studio. Hello, XBox? I'd like to request Blink 182, please!  :woot: 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Asher Madan
      Halo and Star Wars get major discounts in this week's Deals with Gold
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for a weekly Deals with Gold sale. This week, games from the Assassin's Creed, Forza, Halo, and Star Wars franchises are available for substantially less. Below, you'll find the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. The deals and games marked with an asterisk are only valid for Xbox Live Gold members, so you'll need an active paid subscription for the additional discount.

Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      Many of the games are also backward compatible so you can play them on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One. If you still only have an Xbox 360, you're out of luck this week because the selection is the slimmest I've ever seen.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you buy any? Let us know in the comments below.

• By Asher Madan
      Here are the biggest games from THQ Nordic's September 2021 showcase
      by Asher Madan

On Friday, publisher THQ Nordic hosted its first-ever digital showcase where it revealed a slew of new games and provided gameplay footage for others. While more than half a dozen titles were highlighted, we're going to focus on the major releases like Destroy All Humans 2 - Reprobed and SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake. You can learn more about them below.

Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed
      Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed was leaked a few days ago by PlayStation and many gamers assumed that it was a PlayStation 5 exclusive. Luckily, that's not the case and it's coming to Microsoft's platforms as well.

Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed is in development for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. It doesn't seem like it's coming to last-generation consoles.

Elex II
      Elex II is coming to last-generation and current-generation consoles. It should be available on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X.

Outcast 2: A New Beginning
      Outcast 2: A New Beginning was announced a while back, and it's currently in development for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. The in-engine gameplay trailer finally showcases the visuals we can expect from the project.

SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake
      SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake is coming to PC, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One soon.

Which games stood out for you during the showcase? Let us know in the comments below!

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Xbox is making a return to Tokyo Game Show this year
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

Tokyo Game Show, a renowned video game convention, is held annually in September in Japan. This event primarily showcases Japanese games, but some international developers use it to announce their upcoming releases. Tokyo Game Show 2021 will begin on September 30 and last four days. In usual circumstances, the physical event is reserved for industry attendees for the first two days and the general public can attend during the final two days.

This year's event will also be happening online like last year due to the coronavirus, and Xbox Wire revealed today that it will be present at the event with a virtual stream curated for Japanese and other Asian players. Following Xbox's return to the event last year, the virtual stream will begin on Thursday, September 30 at 6 pm JST.

Microsoft stated that its stream will be a celebration with its Asian community and feature locally relevant updates. The firm won't be announcing any new global debuts during the stream, the blog post read. Specifically, it will focus on the latest regionally relevant updates on previously announced gates that are due to arrive later this year.

Xbox social channels in Japan, Korea, and China will also feature the Tokyo Game Show 2021 Xbox Stream.

• By Asher Madan
      Back 4 Blood gets long-awaited campaign trailer
      by Asher Madan

Back 4 Blood is the spiritual successor to Left 4 Dead, a zombie shooter that's regarded as a cult classic nowadays. It's coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 on October 21, 2021. While we've seen a lot about the multiplayer portions of the game, we didn't know much about the story until today.

Developer Turtle Rock Studios recently released a trailer for the game that gives us a better look at what to expect from the co-op campaign. Back 4 Blood seems like a B-movie that takes itself too seriously, but, luckily, the story allows for the opportunity to slay a lot of zombies. You can watch it below.

The infection in Back 4 Blood was caused by a parasitic worm and now the individuals who are immune are fighting back. It seems like a town is besieged by the undead and it's up to you and your team to neutralize the threat.

Back 4 Blood will be available on Xbox Game Pass at launch as well. You can also purchase it through the Microsoft Store or the platform of your choice, starting at $59.99. The Deluxe and Ultimate editions give you early access and the expansion pass.

• By Asher Madan
      Watch Hoonigan build a real-life Halo Warthog on YouTube
      by Asher Madan

Recently, a film starring Ryan Reynolds called Free Guy premiered in theaters. Since Free Guy focuses on video games, the movie was heavily promoted through a partnership with Microsoft. Aside from the Twitter Polls, the company commissioned a life-size Halo Warthog with 1,000 horsepower (HP). The vehicle was heavily showcased at the film's premiere, but today, we got a look at how it was built.

The Warthog is a massive Humvee-like vehicle in the Halo games. It's used to traverse the sandbox levels and features a number of different configurations that can either carry troops or mounted weapons.

Hoonigan is a motorsport-lifestyle brand that made the monster of a machine over a year. Despite its hefty weight, the vehicle can still reach speeds of 100 miles per hour. You'll find more details in the official description below.

The series will run for 10 short episodes that'll be released every week. If you're a fan of Halo, be sure to check it out on the Hoonigan YouTube channel.

Halo Infinite is launching in December 2021 and it'll be part of Xbox Game Pass at launch. The multiplayer portion of the game is free-to-play.