Man harassed for babysitting granddaughter in 55+ community

VERO BEACH, FL ? Someone at 55-and-older community in South Florida has gone to shocking lengths to send the message that kids are not allowed, or welcomed.

Bhaskar Barot claims someone spray painted graffiti both of his cars at his Vero Beach home with the message "No kids."

An upset Barot showed off the damage to his vehicles to WPBF-TV. He says the harassment is probably the result of someone who's upset that he babysits his 4-year-old granddaughter twice a week at his home in the Woodfield development.

Barot admits that his granddaughter does stay the night ocassionally, but not enough to violate the community restrictions.

"I moved here after my heart transplant to be at peace ? my grand-baby is my life."

Barot says someone has also been sending pictures of Barot with his granddaughter to the homeowner's association to report him for having children in his home.

The neighborhood HOA does allow children to visit and only forbids kids under the age of 18 from living at a home for more than 30 days in a year.  

Police are investigating the incident. Barot says while he does feel like moving now, he's going to stand his ground and hopes police catch the person responsible.

source

If the kid is behaving them self, then who cares.  People just like to bitch and cry about every little thing.  Sickening and pretty damn pathetic.

Its an enclosure for old people. I can't comprehend the level of complaining that goes on. 

• Like 1

Surprised this made the news.

It is nothing new.  We have a 55+ community here that I visit every day, and I am constantly harassed by neighbors.

..and I am 37!

If the kid is behaving them self, then who cares.  People just like to bitch and cry about every little thing.  Sickening and pretty damn pathetic.

Pretty much this. It's even more pathetic when you go and damage someone else's property because you disagree with something they're doing.

I'm tired of old people driving who can't follow simple road rules, I don't go around spray painting all their cars with "LEARN TO DRIVE" or "NO OLD PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE."

Complex I live in has a weird rule with pets. If you want any kind of pet you need a note from a doctor saying that it would benefit your health. Weird rule, they tell you about it early on but rarely enforce it.

A lot of people here have cats and dogs and there's one single lady that actually goes around and gets people on video and turns it in to the office. I was merely petting a cat once that was outside as I took the garbage out and she had the nerve to come up and ask if I had permission to have a cat and she was holding an iPhone with the camera open and it was recording. The woman is ate up. Told her: "I see you are recording and do not have my permission. That's an invasion of my privacy and I'm calling the police". She thought I was joking and I walked into my building, called and came back out knowing they don't take long to get there. Grabbed the cat and sat down with it knowing she'd record it. They get there and she lost it. Explained what was going on and an officer managed to get her to give him the phone and it was nothing but videos of her stalking people walking their dogs. The woman is a psycho. Now she constantly sits on the steps of her building staring at people and she does it mainly when parents are taking their kids to the bus stop for school. It's at the point where all the parents feel the need to wait until the bus leaves to make sure she stays away.