George Zimmerman charged with felony after allegedly pointing gun at Girlfriend

Source:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/florida-george-zimmerman-arrest/

" George Zimmerman was charged Monday with felony aggravated assault after allegedly pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend, according to Dennis Lemma, chief deputy with the Seminole County, Florida, Sheriff's Office.

Zimmerman, who was acquitted earlier this year of murdering teenager Trayvon Martin, was arrested after the incident at the home of Samantha Schiebe, Lemma said. He also was charged with two misdemeanors -- domestic violence battery and criminal mischief -- in connection with the same incident, Lemma said.

Zimmerman is being held in jail without bail and will make his first appearance in front of a judge Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. ET.

Schiebe called 911 at 12:30 E.T., Lemma said. Schiebe told dispatchers that Zimmerman broke a table and pointed the long-barreled shotgun at her. When she called for help, Zimmerman pushed her out the door and pushed small furniture in front of the door.

Schiebe gave responding deputies a key to the house. When they pushed the door open, they found Zimmerman, who was sitting and unarmed, Lemma said. He was passive and cooperative, Lemma said.

The aggravated assault charge, for allegedly pointing the gun at Schiebe, is a felony, Lemma said. The battery charge is for the alleged pushing and the mischief charge is for allegedly breaking the table, he said.

The sheriff's office is seeking a search warrant to look for two guns they believe are inside the home, he said.

This is one of several brushes that Zimmerman has had with law enforcement since he was acquitted this year of murder and manslaughter in the 2012 shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin.

Earlier this month, police in Lake Mary, Florida, said no charges would result from an alleged domestic dispute in September between George Zimmerman and his estranged wife, Shellie Zimmerman.

Shellie Zimmerman said in September that she has doubts about his innocence in the Trayvon Martin case.

Since his acquittal in the Martin case, Zimmerman also has been stopped for speeding twice. He was pulled over the first time in Forney, Texas, in July and told the police officer he had a concealed weapon permit and a gun in his glove compartment. The officer wrote on his incident report that he gave Zimmerman a verbal warning.

Zimmerman was pulled over in early September going 60 mph in a 45-mph zone in Lake Mary and received a $256 ticket. He was not carrying a weapon at the time.

His attorney in the murder trial, Mark O'Mara, no longer represents him.

Zimmerman's wife has doubts about his innocence"

George Trigger Happy Zimmerman! (GTHZ)

aha nice one! This man really can't seem to stop abusing guns.

Anyway remember In September 2013 

On the 911 call, Shellie Zimmerman is breathing heavily when she tells a dispatcher that Zimmerman is still at the house.
"He's in his car and he continually has his hand on his gun, and he's saying, 'Step closer.' He's just threatening all of us with his firearm," she says.

Seems he wants to use the stand your ground law but in this case his ex wife called the police on him and didnt go in his circle.

such displayed in the southpark episode clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvBTpZY2jJk

• Like 3

All the gun rights wacko birds bent over backwards defending this guy who is clearly a trigger happy hot head.

If she was black, she'd already be dead and he'd be walking because he stood the **** out of his racist ground.

What a man. Hopefully Florida corrects it's mistake before he inevitably kills another person. It's sad to me that the signs of a sociopathic personality were there from the off, and gun nuts chose to ignore it because their privilege to play amateur cop is more important to them than people's lives.

• Like 2

Just the media hyping up something that happens everyday from a random couple in heated arguments, I hear this type of thing all the time on the police scanner but that is about as far as it ever goes unless you are this guy and the media is following you around just itching for a scoop.

• Like 2

Just the media hyping up something that happens everyday from a random couple in heated arguments, I hear this type of thing all the time on the police scanner but that is about as far as it ever goes unless you are this guy and the media is following you around just itching for a scoop.

Pointing a gun at someone during an argument is a common thing? Sounds like one terrifying place.

• Like 3

I hope nobody is surprised by this.

Only those who're blind or ignorant...

I up my initial wager from $100... $250 says George Zimmerman will be dead or in prison within 5 years.

Ya, just the media hyping a murderer who got let off in a national controversy and then lost control and bumped into the police constantly until he eventually got popped for a felony involving his use of a weapon... Happens everyday :)

Because he wasn't guilty of breaking any laws. This has been discussed at length, maybe you should do some reading.

Buddy, do you really think me, of all people in the community don't know about the occurring trials and potential charges? Are you seriously going to ignorantly question my knowledge on what's been been happening for so long? With one guy? Who should of not done anything when the police told him, but he decided to go "vigilant" anyways? Listen buddy. I am really getting sick and tired of the same crap people like you pull off saying he didn't do squat.

Do you want to know why he went after Treyvon? We can do this all over again. I insist.

Why the hell was he not guilty in the first place..

Because he wasn't guilty of breaking any laws. This has been discussed at length, maybe you should do some reading.

Because the jury considered "Stand Your Ground" during deliberations, which is the lowest bar for justified murder that has been enacted in American law for at least a century.

Buddy, do you really think me, of all people in the community don't know about the occurring trials and potential charges? Are you seriously going to ignorantly question my knowledge on what's been been happening for so long? With one guy? Who should of not done anything when the police told him, but he decided to go "vigilant" anyways? Listen buddy. I am really getting sick and tired of the same crap people like you pull off saying he didn't do squat.

Do you want to know why he went after Treyvon? We can do this all over again. I insist.

Obviously you're not aware of the reasons he was found not guilty if you make uninformed comments like "Why the hell was he not guilty in the first place"

Obviously you're not aware of the reasons he was found not guilty if you make uninformed comments like "Why the hell was he not guilty in the first place"

Can someone please give this man a lecture..

Because the jury considered "Stand Your Ground" during deliberations, which is the lowest bar for justified murder that has been enacted in American law for at least a century.

Stand your ground wasn't used, it was waived pre-trial by the defense. Self defense was their only argument. Why do so many people mistakeningly think the stand your ground law played a role in the trial? Maybe the jury knew about the law and it incorrectly influenced their decision even though it wasn't applicable in this case. I bet the South Park guys knew it wasn't but still used it in the episode cause it's still a dumb law.

I think Zimmerman is an idiot and deserves to be in prison or under heavy probation but I'm not sure he broke any current laws in the Treyvon case. I believe some laws need to be changed but that doesn't mean we can charge him retroactively.

• Like 2