Justin Bieber Makes Party Guests Sign $3 Million Confidentiality Agreement

Justin Bieber threw a party on Friday (Nov. 15) and he made all his guests sign a confidentiality agreement. In a formal contract obtained by TMZ, everyone in attendance "agreed not to tweet, text, phone, Facebook, record, write or in any other manner spill the beans on what went on inside" at risk of paying the petit Canadian $3 million -- "no trial, no arguing, just pay up."

If that doesn't sound fun enough, TMZ also reported that "sheriff's deputies" (not cops, sheriff's deputies) were called three times and one of Bieber's neighbors said the authorities smelled marijuana.

That's all crazy stuff, but the most important part of this story is that it all took place at what TMZ called a "Gatsby party." And it is legitimately unclear whether that is some metaphorical way of saying it was a very big party or that Justin Bieber actually threw a themed gathering, inspired by F. Scott Fitzgerald's American classic set in the 1920s.

All of Bieber's recent Instagrams are just of that weird PYD symbol, so it's impossible to know for sure. But you are welcome to imagine Bieber and his friends partying in flapper dresses.

th?id=HJ.276499139732&pid=15.1&H=90&W=16

more & video

• 2 weeks later...

What happens in Bieberland, stays in Bieberland.

Maybe nothing happened and he didn't want the picture of his extreme unexcited self to get out. I'd believe that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like he came out of the closet.

I'm sure whatever he wanted to keep quiet will come out regardless of a 3 million confidentiality agreement or not.

..most likely he just wanted attention and thought this would get people talking about him.

I'm surprised this would be legal -- sounds next to extortion.

Maybe it's all a joke.

its a simple choice. No one is forced to go. Don't like being able to tweet the parties? Then simply don't go.

Hello,

its a simple choice. No one is forced to go. Don't like being able to tweet the parties? Then simply don't go.

Well, we can take it to extreme measures:

You cant breathe inside the party.

You cant tweet about not going to the party.

etc.

I mean I imagine this like not being able to film the house or anything. But taking a picture of you and your friends being illegal....

Hello,

Well, we can take it to extreme measures:

You cant breathe inside the party.

You cant tweet about not going to the party.

etc.

I mean I imagine this like not being able to film the house or anything. But taking a picture of you and your friends being illegal....

it just comes down to choice, follow the rules or don't participate... no matter if it's a party, a christening, a ritual sacrifice, a premiere or what ever, the person putting on the event has the choice to either allow certain actions or not allow certain actions... 

there are many events I DON"T go to everyday for this reason. Anyone can do it. :)

This isn't an issue of legality, its a contractual agreement between two people saying you agree to certain conditions.

You won't be arrested or charged with a crime for breaking the contract, you will be subject to civil litigation.

This kid just wants to be a kids.  I suspect that Mr. Bieber is actually a very lonely person.

This isn't an issue of legality, its a contractual agreement between two people saying you agree to certain conditions.

You won't be arrested or charged with a crime for breaking the contract, you will be subject to civil litigation.

If someone breaks their contract with Bieber, but it is to report a crime to law enforcement, I wonder how effective the contract would be in a civil dispute.

Hello,

Is this legal?

A written agreement between two people is perfectly legal so long as the agreement in-and-of-itself does not force either party to break the law.

But it is not necessarily black-and-white.  Just because someone violates the agreement does not necessarily mean they will have to give Bieber 3 million.  Bieber will probably take them to court and try to sue them for 3 million, but he will need to convince the judge that those damages are justifiable.

This kid just wants to be a kids.  I suspect that Mr. Bieber is actually a very lonely person.

If someone breaks their contract with Bieber, but it is to report a crime to law enforcement, I wonder how effective the contract would be in a civil dispute.

Criminal law supersedes contract law.

Why would you even be interested in going??

To a party that is most likely full of celebrities?  What kind of question is that...

I understand... you kids are teenagers/early-20's and to you its "cool" to hate on whatever pop star is currently popular.  I get it.  I was that age and remember thinking such silliness.  In a few years you'll be over it because you will realize that most music sucks (even some of the music you adore) but there really isn't much point in making a stink about it at every turn (unless you just want to come across as immature).