Could We See Joseph Gordon-Levitt As Morpheus In A "Sandman" Movie

v9xOhT7.png

Some (potentially) big news for Endless fans here: Badass Digest report that David Goyer has pitched Warner Bros. a take on Neil Gaiman's Sandman, and that they have been "very receptive" to it. Apparently Geoff Johns is behind it, AND The Dark Knight Rises' Joseph Gordon-Levitt is also involved, most likely in line to star as Morpheus himself. I do say "likely", as even the site admits that that's an educated guess and the actor may be involved in another capacity. They also stress that this is all in the very early stages, and obviously subject to change. But assuming that this pans out, what do you think of Levitt in this role? I'm a massive fan of the character, and to be honest I always pictured someone a lot taller and, well, British as The Sandman! (incidentally, Gaiman's own choices would be Benedict Cumberbatch or Tom Hiddleston) But, Levitt is a terrific actor so I'd be happy enough.

Src

I've read great things about the graphic novel. I believe they've even made some kind of sequel to it (?). I guess it would be pretty cool as a movie after having read the plot of the graphic novel. Going to read the graphic novel for sure though!

I like JGL but if Benedict Cumberbatch is in the running and favored by the author, I think he should get the role (he's pretty great).

• 4 weeks later...