Sylvia Browne, the ?psychic? whose appearances on talk shows like ?Montel? and ?Larry King Live? made her a well-known celebrity despite her not-even-close-to-the-truth predictions, died earlier today at the age of 77.

It was 10 years ago when Browne told Larry King she knew when she would die:

King
: OK. Do you know when you?re going to die?

Browne
: Yes. When I?m 88.

It was one of many wrong predictions.

She made news this past May after three women who were missing for over a decade in Ohio and presumed dead were found to be alive.

Browne had gone on television in 2003 to tell one of the victim?s mothers that her daughter had died:

Louwana Miller
: Can you tell me if they?ll ever find her? Is she out there?

Sylvia Browne
: She?s ? see, I hate this when they?re in water. I just hate this. 
She?s not alive, honey. And I?ll tell you why, here we go again. Your daughter was not the type that would not have called you.

?

Miller
: So you don?t think I?ll ever get to see her again?

Browne
: Yeah, in heaven, on the other side.

It was an awful thing to say to the mother, it was entirely made up, and, thankfully, it turned out to be completely wrong.

In 2001, Browne appeared on ?Larry King Live? agreed to take the James Randi Educational Foundation?s $1,000,000 Challenge to prove that she really did have psychic powers. It turned out to be a promise she never kept:

I don?t delight in her death. I do, however, object to the decisions she made during her life. She took a lot of money from a lot of desperate people. She had no qualms about giving people false hope and (as we saw) false despair. I don?t know whether she really believed she had psychic powers or whether this was just a really long con. Either way, she was obviously very good at convincing people she had magical powers ? to the tune of at least $3,000,000 a year in profit for her businesses at her peak fame.

I?m sure there will be a lot of stories about her in the coming days. It would be nice if the writers would point out that there never has been ? and, I believe, never will be ? any proof that people can see into the future or ?cross over? to the ?other side.? It?s neither disrespectful nor impolite to point out that Browne?s ?psychic powers? were never substantiated by any shred of evidence.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/11/20/psychic-sylvia-browne-is-dead/

If you ever gone to her website, she charges everything. There is nothing free on the website besides the mailing list. You have to pay for Newletters! She did it just to get rich and does not care about anything else.

http://www.sylviabrowne.com/

If you ever gone to her website, she charges everything. There is nothing free on the website besides the mailing list. You have to pay for Newletters! She did it just to get rich and does not care about anything else.

so you have to pay for your believes. that's nothing new in america.

We have a word here in my region: The fool ain't the one wich asks , its the one wich gives. If she calmed people with lies and "mystical happenings" then so be it.

We have a word here in my region: The fool ain't the one wich asks , its the one wich gives. If she calmed people with lies and "mystical happenings" then so be it.

It is one thing to provide people with support and sympathy, but it is entirely another to lie and not even stop telling the lie when the lie involves telling the frightened and scared mother of a child that their child is dead - this nasty horrible lump of wasted atoms named Sylvia Brown did this and did it on national TV and caused so much hurt it must have been agony for the mother and then the child was found alive and she never said sorry.

Except that she told people that their loved ones were dead when they were in fact still alive. Parents have died believing their children were gone when they were still around. 

Can believe they still allow these con artists on TV etc. The media helps give credence to there BS by doing so.

Unfortunately,

That's the way the media is with EVERYTHING!

The media is one of the most screwed up things in America, with it's glorifying so many things that shouldn't be and even covering things that really shouldn't be covered.

Anyone that believed her, or any other psychic, needs to see a shrink more than a psychic!!

Just visited her website, to be greeted with this pop-up. :)

Silvia_Brown.png

Priceless.

Love that by buying the 18month your actually paying more.

i.e 3yrs 1yr sub at $50 = $150

yet 3yrs 1.5yr sub at ?80 = $160

Genius!!!

Just visited her website, to be greeted with this pop-up. :)

Silvia_Brown.png

Priceless.

so 18 months is actually more expensive than what it would have cost to buy 1.5 year....  I thought you where supposed to save for buying more... instead 3 years worth of yearly memberships is 149.85, while 3 years of 18 month memberships are. 159,9

if you needed any more evidence her followers aren't the brightest bulbs. 

Love that by buying the 18month your actually paying more.

i.e 3yrs 1yr sub at $50 = $150

yet 3yrs 1.5yr sub at ?80 = $160

Genius!!!

I should reply faster.... oh well damn work interfering with posting :p