Mystery in Death Valley: Man's body found, missing organs

Hum

Two months after the body of an aspiring writer and filmmaker turned up in the California desert, his family is desperate for answers and certain foul play was involved.

Ryan Singleton, a 24-year-old former model, flew from his family's Atlanta home to Los Angeles in July for a short vacation. Once there, he rented a car for a trip to Las Vegas, but things apparently went awry on the return trip as he drove through the desolate Mojave Desert on July 9. Near the tiny southeast California town of Baker, the car broke down and Singleton called a friend from a rest stop.

It was the last time anyone would hear from him. Tight-lipped investigators have released little information about any progress on the case, and Singleton's family knows little more than they did when he was initially reported missing.

Joggers would find Singleton's body two-and-a-half months later, its organs gone. While the autopsy report has not been released, law enforcement officials passed the gruesome detail on to Singleton's mother, she said, leaving her to speculate about her son's fate. Although experts told say the organs were likely taken from the body by scavenging animals, Singleton's family remains suspicious.

Investigators trying to reconstruct Singleton's final hours have told his family they believe he was picked up by a Highway Patrol officer after his car broke down and driven to the rest stop in Baker. Once there, Singleton called the friend who lived three hours away, and asked to be picked up, according to the family. But when the friend arrived and could not find Singleton, he reported him missing.   

The family said authorities have said little to them about what happened to Singleton and have not yet disclosed a cause of death. Singleton's mother and same-sex spouse said they are convinced foul play was involved, but said they are unaware of a possible motive.

"I don?t know anything other than that my son was found with no organs in his body,"  :alien:  Flowers said.

Nancy Scheper-Hughes, a medical anthropologist and professor at the University of California, Berkeley, said it is "highly unlikely" that Singleton was killed for the purpose of harvesting his organs on the underground market.

more

The Evil Overlord

I don't even.........

Decebalvs Rex

Poor man . Perhaps he stumbled into Area 53 ?

Jokes aside , I do think animals devour everything and not only the organs , considering the geological resources in those mountains so its a no go.

Flesh traffic is more likely to happen in cases like this, considering his age .

compl3x

Chinese organ thieves?

IDK.

Growled

That is really odd. What would anyone want with his organs?

compl3x

Art project  :rofl:

• Like 1
Hum

If it was kidneys, heart, lungs, I might believe organ transplants.

But all the internal organs sounds like alien foolery.

Skiver

I call jeepers creepers on this one!

compl3x

But all the internal organs sounds like alien foolery.

What would aliens want with them? Exotic cuisine on their home planet?

And why would they abandon the body to found? They could have used their phasers to disintegrate the corpse and leave no trace!

Growled

Art project  :rofl:

For the wall of Hannibal Lecter?

Dot Matrix

They sell for big money on the black market. 

exotoxic

Pretty easy to work out if they were harvested or if it was animals.

Knife Party

my guess would be:

1. 24 yrs of age

2. high chance of healthy organs and fully working

3. high black market value

4. most likely an easy target

Its pretty sad really that people resort to this over what ... money? Its so sick.

BillyJack

I believe animals do prefer organs over other parts first because they are more nutritious. Maybe a coyote ate his organs and was full but how could he lose to a coyote at a rest stop. What are the odds a coyote ate his organs and nothing else came across the rest of him. Although I am not familiar with this rest stop it sounds like it is infrequently traveled. What are the odds organ thiefs were driving in the desert by this rest stop. That leaves one conclusion. Chupacabra!

• Like 1
Hum

^ I don't see how a predator like a coyote, would get thru the rib cage to get to the heart, lungs.

BillyJack

^ I don't see how a predator like a coyote, would get thru the rib cage to get to the heart, lungs.

Good point. I don't blame family and friends wanting to know more but what more can they discover besides what they found out from the autopsy. This will always remain as a mystery.

threetonesun

I dunno, my dog could find junk hidden deep under the refrigerator. I think it's possible.  :laugh:

LaP

I dunno, my dog could find junk hidden deep under the refrigerator. I think it's possible.  :laugh:

Possible yes but the autopsy would probably indicate trace of bites.

freak180

aliens-meme-image.jpeg

getting old dude...getting old..  :/

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zikalify
      Global Privacy Control is a new initiative to help people enforce their rights
      by Paul Hill

Several companies and individuals have today launched the Global Privacy Control (GPC), an initiative that seeks to help users enforce their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The backers say that the new rights mean nothing if it's too difficult for people to benefit from them.

Those backing the Global Privacy Control include Ashkan Soltani from Georgetown Law, Sebastian Zimmeck from Wesleyan University, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Financial Times, Automattic (WordPress.com and Tumblr), Glitch, DuckDuckGo, Brave, Mozilla, Disconnect, Abine, Digital Content Next (DCN), Consumer Reports, and the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

The GPC’s backers said that the CCPA gives Californians a legal right to opt-out of the sale of their data, they can do this by having their browser signal to businesses that they’ve opted out. Unfortunately, there’s no defined or accepted technical standard for these signals so users don’t have an easy way to inform businesses of their preferences.

The group has launched an experimental phase where people can download browsers and extensions from Abine, Brave, Disconnect, DuckDuckGo, and EFF in order to tell participating publishers that they do not want their data to be shared. Going forward, those behind GPC want to develop an open standard that many organisations can finally support; they’re now in the process of finding the best venue to make this proposal.

The GPC’s backers said they look forward to working with California’s Attorney General to make the GPC legally binding under CCPA. In addition, they’re looking to make the GPC applicable under other laws around the world such as the GDPR.

• By zikalify
      Apple announces more money for Californian housing crisis
      by Paul Hill

Apple has announced that it is allocating more than $400 million towards affordable housing projects and a selection of other programs that will assist homeowners. The $400 million is the amount allocated for 2020 alone but over several years is looking to spend a total of $2.5 billion. Over the years, with tech firms based in California, housing costs have risen making it expensive to live in the state.

One of the projects is a housing development in partnership with Housing Trust Silicon Valley which will create 250 new units of affordable housing in the Bay Area. Another project is the creation of a mortgage and down payment assistance fund as well as an affordable housing investment support program. Both of these initiatives were created with the help of the California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA). Finally, Apple is working with Destination: Home to build affordable housing units for Silicon Valley’s most vulnerable.

Commenting on the news, Kristina Raspe, Apple’s vice president for Global Real Estate and Facilities, said:

Apple first announced the $2.5 billion housing investment in November 2019. Over several years, the money will allow for the establishment of a $1 billion affordable housing investment fund and a $1 billion first-time homebuyer mortgage assistance fund with a particular focus on essential service personnel, school employees, and veterans.

In addition, $300 million in Apple-owned land has been made available for affordable housing, there’s a $150 million Bay Area housing fund in a public-private partnership with Housing Trust Silicon Valley, and finally, $50 million going to Destination: Home’s effort to address homelessness in Silicon Valley.

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Elon Musk defies lockdown order and asks to be arrested
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

In defiance of local county officials, Tesla is asking employees at its Fremont car plant to return to work. Last week, Elon Musk, CEO Tesla, planned to resume operations at the site, but Alameda County health officials stated that the factory didn't meet the criteria for reopening and must remain closed.

Musk then threatened to pull the company headquarters out of the state in addition to filing a lawsuit against Alameda County seeking injunctive relief. This scuffle comes amidst the gradual reopening of businesses across the U.S., as the coronavirus pandemic has put millions of Americans out of work.

Referring to an order by California's governor permitting manufacturers to resume operations, Tesla said that as of Sunday, previously furloughed employees are back to work. The email titled “Furlough Has Ended And We Are Back To Work in Production!” informed workers that "very detailed plans" have been put in place to ensure their safety. (via Reuters)

Steven Mnuchin, U.S. Treasury Secretary, also encouraged the state to do whatever is necessary to ensure the reopening of the Fremont car plant.

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Elon Musk threatens to pull Tesla factory out of California
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

Tesla hoped to resume operations at its Fremont car plant on Friday; however, Alameda County health officials said that the factory doesn't meet the criteria for reopening and must remain closed. Now, Elon Musk, CEO Tesla, is threatening to move the company headquarters out of the state in addition to suing the county. He wrote on Twitter:

Musk also said that Tesla is filing a lawsuit against the county, and actions taken by local health officials were contrary to "the Governor, the President, our Constitutional freedoms & just plain common sense!”

Musk had hoped that the factory, which was closed in mid-March due to the coronavirus lockdowns, would be restarted with 30% of the normal workforce. Tesla manufactures around 415,000 cars yearly at the Fremont plant, and moving operations elsewhere would be an arduous task. This threat comes amidst the firm's desire to increase the production of Tesla Model Y, which has been the most profitable car in the firm's history.

A spokesperson for Alameda county stated that its health department is recommending the automaker to wait at least another week before resuming production (via Reuters). Meanwhile, local infection rates would be monitored, and the necessary safety productions can be discussed.

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Tesla plans to resume operations in Fremont factory on Friday
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

Tesla is planning to resume operations at its Fremont factory on Friday afternoon, according to an email sent to staff by the firm's CEO Elon Musk. This comes amidst the California government's initiative to move to a "Stage 2" COVID-19 response, which involves reopening of several lower-risk workplaces. However, Alameda, the county where the factory is located, has extended shelter-in-place orders until the end of this month.

As per the county regulations, manufacturing operations are not permitted to be conducted routinely. Thus, as of Friday, operations would be restarted at the Fremont factory with 30% of the normal workforce. An internal company mail read:

Musk stated that employees that don't feel comfortable returning to work aren't necessarily required to do so. Ray Kelly, a spokesperson for Alameda County Sheriff's Office, assured that California's plan doesn't supplant the county plan. After restrictions were placed to curb the spread of the coronavirus, the Fremont plant halted production in mid-March.

Musk has been increasingly vocal in his opposition to lockdowns and stay-at-home orders, calling them a "fundamental violation of the Constitution." He also said that if brought before the U.S. Supreme Court, these restrictions wouldn't hold up.

Source: Reuters