Zoo Tycoon XB1

Anyone have kids that enjoy this game? Would it be good for my 9  year old and 5 year old? Both know how to play games / consoles / computers and are hugely addicted to Minecraft and able to figure that out.

Unfortunately, we have not had a chance to show to the young kids in our family. That will happen over thanksgiving though. My Wife has been enjoying it so far.

I think this is a game for parents to play with their kids. The high level sim gameplay maybe too much for them on their own, but things like running around the zoo, interacting with the animals, etc, can be very fun for young kids. You can let them use the optional Kinect controls for the interaction events.

Just watching someone play the game can be enjoyable.

Used to play this, however it is a typical sim game, so there is a lot of thought required, and attention needed.  Like you need to feed the animals, clean their cages, not put birds near lions, that sort of thing.  The game has been around for a long time as a windows game.  Not sure what changes have been made for the xbone version, though I assume it's pretty close to the same.

Used to play this, however it is a typical sim game, so there is a lot of thought required, and attention needed.  Like you need to feed the animals, clean their cages, not put birds near lions, that sort of thing.  The game has been around for a long time as a windows game.  Not sure what changes have been made for the xbone version, though I assume it's pretty close to the same.

Its basically the same.

The main difference is that you can now play it at ground level 3rd person style and get closer looks at the animals.

Thanks for the feedback all!  I may get this as a family game. Older daughter would have better luck, but sounds way to advanced for 5 year old to figure out on her own.

Is there anything else for kids out there? How is skylanders?  i saw there was a sale on that game somewhere.. may keep my eyes peeled for black friday deal on that one.