If you're not saying an RFID chip is the mark, why did you quote that passage?

because its all coming to this. It might not be a mark now, but in future it could be. And if you dont get that done then you wont be able to buy or sell an so on. You will basically be mistreated as a different kind. For now it could be for cashless methods or security and so on, but who knows what the real reason is for these methods. Cash and paper based documents have worked for so long, so why suddenly move to all electronic? Its because everything that the bible says is happening, and will happen.

I remember a while ago they wanted a RFID chip which works as a credit card, so you go to a shop grab something off the shelf and walk out and it gets automatically charged.

Sounds like a great excuse to shoplift.

'I could've sworn I had my wallet with me!'

or even walk out of the shop next to someone else and let them foot the bill.

because its all coming to this. It might not be a mark now, but in future it could be. And if you dont get that done then you wont be able to buy or sell an so on. You will basically be mistreated as a different kind. For now it could be for cashless methods or security and so on, but who knows what the real reason is for these methods. Cash and paper based documents have worked for so long, so why suddenly move to all electronic? Its because everything that the bible says is happening, and will happen.

Cause moving to electronic makes it easier to access/find. It also allows more information to be stored and has backups so it can't be lost like a paper medical file.

If you go on a holiday interstate and get sick, doctors can access your information electronically from your normal GP and get the info they need to help treat you.

There are many many benefits going to electronic format over paper for just about everything.

Sounds like a great excuse to shoplift.

'I could've sworn I had my wallet with me!'

or even walk out of the shop next to someone else and let them foot the bill.

You'd have your wallet on you if RFID chips were mandatory. None of my good points would work if it wasn't mandatory.

You'd have your wallet on you if RFID chips were mandatory. None of my good points would work if it wasn't mandatory.

And that's where the idea fails.

Revelations 13 in the New testament of the Bible says it all:

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I'm not saying an RFID chip is the mark, but it sure is comming to a forehead of wrist near you!!

no worry. the holy hand granade of antioch shall snuff it good.

Cause moving to electronic makes it easier to access/find. It also allows more information to be stored and has backups so it can't be lost like a paper medical file.

If you go on a holiday interstate and get sick, doctors can access your information electronically from your normal GP and get the info they need to help treat you.

There are many many benefits going to electronic format over paper for just about everything.

Well if you go abroad and doctors can get your records there then it will have to be one single database which means all countries will have to be in union. Which then proves the bible even more cause the time of the end will come when the world is under one single power.

So SecretAgentMan, what are you hiding from then? It is not people like me that causing this. This has been going on for decades but most just do not not know or realize this because most live in a plastic bubble. Nothing to hide, no problem something to hide then problem. Case closed.

Just to throw out a ridiculous situation, does this mean that you would be happy having surveillance cameras in every room in your house? Bathroom, bedroom, living room, kitchen? After all, you have nothing to hide.

NeoDominik, on 28 Nov 2013 - 14:02, said:

I remember a while ago they wanted a RFID chip which works as a credit card, so you go to a shop grab something off the shelf and walk out and it gets automatically charged.

Sounds okay to me.

Plus gps data so if someone were to murder someone else, they'd know who was near-by. Someone gets caught trafficking drugs, they can trace their steps and find the source and others involved without needing to ask any questions. Burglary happens? RFID chip security scanners at home so you can instantly find out who it was.

Medical data, so if you were injured they would know your blood type, allergies, etc straight away and could begin life-saving procedures instantly if you needed it. 

I'm looking forward to be able to leave my house doors unlocked.

Taking your GPS data idea one step further and combined with an Internet ID (actually they could combine the two and the unique Id of the RFID chip would be required to operate a computer / mobile phone / tablet / games console and thus the Internet).

You say something on an internet forum (eg slagging off the President or the Government) that is deemed to be illegal or a "terrorist act" or inciting hatred or whatever else. Your posts will of course be tracked to your personal RFID chip and someone in a room at the CIA, NSA, or GCHQ or whatever else agency marks your chips permissions to travel to certain areas as heavily reduced.

You were planning on taking a holiday out of state or out of the country ?

You get to the airport, scan your RFID chip as it now acts as your passport and a big red warning light comes on in a security office somewhere in the airport.

"Excuse me sir / madam would you mind coming with me?"

You find your travel has been denied you are now a prisoner in your own country, no access to travel externally until you have been "punished" which may be a day, a week, a month, longer if necessary. You cant cancel your holiday and get a refund as the Ts and Cs of the holiday operator or insurance company will be updated to include language such as "Any travel restrictions brought about by committing an offense and having your RFID chip permissions curtailed will not be covered under our refund policy" in the same manner as they do now with language such as "If you get drunk and fall down the stairs you aren't covered" (paraphrasing obviously).

Tied to your bank account you could have your funds withheld.

If as you say they will be able to know who is in the immediate area (so family, friends) and they access their bank records to see if they have been withdrawing more money for the weekly shop (to buy food for you) they could also be penalised for helping someone who has had their RFID chip disabled or privileges reduced.

You see where this can go?

There are many benefits yes to a technology such as the RFID chip, but there are many more downsides.

Unless of course you plan on being a "good little citizen" who questions nothing, accepts all government intrusions into your life, and signs away your life and those of others around you.

belto, on 28 Nov 2013 - 15:41, said:

People are over reacting to this. People are actually funny.

Explain to me how we are overreacting ?

A detailed reason would be good not just the usual, tired, "you're all paranoid, blah blah blah".

• Like 1

Going to need a little more than that if you don't mind.

Its all too easy to dismiss something by saying "read the comments" without having the courage or ability or insight to properly back up your statement of "people are overreacting". And what if you are underreacting? Is that not worse ?

Granted we have no proof that this is going to happen, but if it came out tomorrow that this was to be implemented do you feel peoples "overreactions" are invalid, or would you just go along with it because the government have mandated it ?

• Like 1

Plus gps data so if someone were to murder someone else, they'd know who was near-by. Someone gets caught trafficking drugs, they can trace their steps and find the source and others involved without needing to ask any questions. Burglary happens? RFID chip security scanners at home so you can instantly find out who it was.

no criminal is going to carry the chip around with them even if they had to be implanted inside people. the only way to fix this would be to have scanning devices EVERYWHERE to make sure everyone has it in/on them. There is also the problem of stolen/lost/forged chips, people could commit crimes with them and you will instantly be number 1 suspect, depending on the crime you could end up with 8 police officers bashing your door in and turning your house upside down.

I imagine this problem would be widespread and end up costing the police alot in wasted time/money.

But Revelation is not a bunch of predictions about random events happening now. It was a symbolic message of hope for the oriental churches under roman oppression in the 1st century. It makes a whole lot more sense that way, in the context in which it was written, than trying to draw sketchy parallels with present-day events.

Your post is so full of nonsense. None of this is being said in the bible and all you're doing by even suggesting that some implant is part of some "mark" is nothing more then reading into what you want it to say, not what it actually says. As for moving away from a cash/paper system, it's simple, not only have we been moving away from it for a few decades now, but it's cost effective to do so. Paper and money take resources and money to make and you need a steady supply of both to keep in circulation. Dollars bills cost up to .10 cents per bill depending on the bill denomination and are printed and circulated into the public domain ever year. Depending on the denomination some bills only last a few years in circulation. We spend almost a billion dollars just printing the actual dollars used in circulation each year. Cutting that costs along, specially over a long period of time is just smart investment among other reasons. Same goes for paper used for receipts, accounting, ect., electronic methods are far more efficient and cost effective then keeping with the current costly ways. So no, we aren't suddenly moving to electronic methods and no this isn't some bible prediction. 

It is just a chip people, again if you have nothing to hide why fear it unless you are hiding something.

I replied to your post already on this. 

You dont need to be a criminal or anything else to expect a Right to not be viewed as one beforehand. While Im not in the boat that we have given up our current Rights as a whole, though there are examples of it happening slowly, I do think we are inching closer and closer to giving them up all in the name of security. "Security" which so far has shown to be more of a problem in recent years then a problem solver. I don't buy into this mandatory chip nonsense but at the same time Ill be damn if Id let someone force me to become part of it. 

People are over reacting to this. People are actually funny.

I find it interesting that you choose to ignore others comments and questions towards you and instead just continue to tell people that they are overreacting. My question to you still stands, can I go ahead and install those cameras in your house?

Global mod, my opinion still stands. Will never change. As I said read over the comments especially the one about religion.

Religion has zero to do with this and you kept asking a question to which an answer was given. 

Global mod, my opinion still stands. Will never change. As I said read over the comments especially the one about religion.

I don't have a problem with your opinion at all, you're entitled to it. But from that opinion I assume that you wouldn't have an issue with cameras being placed all over your house, taping everything you do in the shower, living room, kitchen, bedroom...you are basically telling me that you wouldn't mind being Truman Burbank. Again, if you don't mind cameras watching everything that you do then that is fine, I just wanted some clarification to see if there was a level of privacy that you would be uncomfortable about losing. I wouldn't like the idea that someone could be watching me shower, for instance. While I might not have anything to hide, I would still like that level of privacy and choice.
  • Like 1

Have you heard the word exaggeration. I never said what you are assuming on your part so stop trying to incite unnecessary problems. You are really reading to deep into this topic. As I said, if you have nothing to hide, no problems.

Have you heard the word exaggeration. I never said what you are assuming on your part so stop trying to incite unnecessary problems. You are really reading to deep into this topic. As I said, if you have nothing to hide, no problems.

Have you heard of the term deflection? Cause that's what you're doing now. You keep ignoring the point that you don't need to be doing anything wrong or hiding something to still expect a level of privacy from the gov or anyone else. 

Ah, so you're now telling me that you expect some level of privacy?

I admit - and indeed pointed out in my first post - that the situation I was offering was out there compared to an RFID chip. But they cover the same aspects when it comes down to privacy. Your argument of "if you have nothing to hide, you should have no problem with your privacy being invaded" doesn't make sense to me.

Let's flip the question around slightly. If I have done nothing wrong, why do they want to track me? If a criminal is under house arrest they are given a tracking bracelet to keep track of their movements. Why do they want to monitor me as if I were a criminal when I have done nothing wrong?

There is that quote, "1984 was not supposed to be an instruction manual." I don't know if you have read the book, but it's not a society that I would want to be a member of. It gets to a point where if someone doesn't have the same opinion as the government they get taken away.

Do you have any issues with China's government, or North Korea? I'm not saying that the RFID chip will bring about such changes on its own, but if you don't stand up and oppose things like this or the NSA tracking you are telling the government that they can get away with such things. From there they will ask themselves, "what else can we get away with?"

These sorts of things can never be looked in to too deeply. My point is that you appear to be saying, "it's just a chip, it's no big deal" while the rest of us are saying, "but what will their next step be if we allow this to happen?"

What I find pathetic and funny is that some people try to hard to just talk bull. I said what I said and it still stands firm. Get over it and grow up. Like I said, nothing to hide no problems. Now I am wondering why people are trying to hide something when they have nothing to hide to begin with. No matter how you make yourself sound intelligent still does not deflect my comments, it only in forces it.