Paul Walker Dead at 40 - 'Fast & Furious' Star Dies in Car Crash

I saw Google Play Store is heavily promoting Paul Walker Movies under the heading "Tribute to Paul Walker"

I bloody hate such unethical money making practices. If Google truly wants to pay a tribute, can they dare to offer his movies free for 1 day on rental basis?

Its shameful that they want to cash in on this sad event.

I saw Google Play Store is heavily promoting Paul Walker Movies under the heading "Tribute to Paul Walker"

I bloody hate such unethical money making practices. If Google truly wants to pay a tribute, can they dare to offer his movies free for 1 day on rental basis?

That may not be such a bad thing if he (his estate now) receives any residuals from sales of his movies. A portion of those sales may go to his daughter.

http://www.sagaftra.org/content/residuals-faq

So it was an accident.

No.

Unfortunately that's capitalism at work. While it's not illegal, it's certainly immoral. :/

No.

Unfortunately that's capitalism at work. While it's not illegal, it's certainly immoral. :/

a collision and accident aren't mutually exclusive, usually they're the same

I agree with what Hawkman said above.

I say that Hawkman is right.

Read this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/03/paul-walker-accident-drag-racing_n_4378419.html

It is an accident... 

Cops or investigators will check the computer data out of the Porsche and see.

They're not mutually exclusive, that's true.

However until the circumstances are known, an accident can't be confirmed. If the rumours are true about excessive speed, then this is a collision, not an accident.

Of course, i'll wait until the final report is given to say either way.

Having another browse through some of the pics, we can see that there is speed limit sign on the ground/sidewalk, which is more likely to have been the solid object which the vehicle struck before coming to rest against the tree,

So the speed/force of impact  appears to have been great enough to knock down the speed limit sign. possibly the primary collision, and which caused much of the damage before the car ignited.

Yes I know thats speculative, but have another look at the pics.

They're not mutually exclusive, that's true.

However until the circumstances are known, an accident can't be confirmed. If the rumours are true about excessive speed, then this is a collision, not an accident.

Of course, i'll wait until the final report is given to say either way.

Didn't you all see Hot Fuzz

Danny Butterman: Hey, why can't we say "accident," again? 

Nicholas Angel: Because "accident" implies there's nobody to blame. 

To me, the jargon is meaningless outside of a court place. As I have no legal interest in the case, to blame anyone or anything, thus it's an accidental death. Terrible way to go.

The Los Angeles County Coroner?s office has released the cause of death of "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker who was killed over the weekend in a car crash.

Walker died from "traumatic injuries" and burn injuries, while the car's driver Roger Rodas died from "multiple traumatic injuries." Both deaths have been ruled as accidental.

Src

Paul Walker died from the "combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries" in Saturday's car accident in Los Angeles, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office reported today.

The coroner's office told ABC News that two different doctors did autopsies on the two men. They found that Rodas died on impact, with Walker dying "maybe" a few seconds after from the combined effects of the impact and the fire.

Sheriff's detective Jeff Maag told People magazine the driver "was doing well over 45 [mph] ? [it's] fair to say at least twice that."

That means Maag believes Rodas was going at least 90 mph on a street where the limit was just 45.

http://gma.yahoo.com/paul-walker-died-within-seconds-crash-coroner-rules-185254772--abc-news-movies.html

Just because the above paints a picture...

That means Maag believes Rodas was going at least 90 mph on a street where the limit was just 45.

He added it will take days or weeks to complete the investigation and conclude how fast the car was going and whether mechanical problems caused the crash.

Let's keep in mind people that this isnt a conclusion on the speed, it's a belief.

Also that the people making the jokes around the irony of Paul's movies and the way he has died, he was the passenger in the car. No matter what has happened in the end, he is still a victim so please have some respect for Paul and his family.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I've seen a lot of people suggesting the facts of the incident lead to stupidity behind the wheel, when the simple fact of how fast the car was going has yet to be determined. It may SEEM that he was going at a stupid speed, but until it's proven I really don't think people should be condemning or critising. 

Just because the above paints a picture...

Let's keep in mind people that this isnt a conclusion on the speed, it's a belief.

Also that the people making the jokes around the irony of Paul's movies and the way he has died, he was the passenger in the car. No matter what has happened in the end, he is still a victim so please have some respect for Paul and his family.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I've seen a lot of people suggesting the facts of the incident lead to stupidity behind the wheel, when the simple fact of how fast the car was going has yet to be determined. It may SEEM that he was going at a stupid speed, but until it's proven I really don't think people should be condemning or critising. 

Sheriffs don't need any law enforcement/police education right ? how does that apply to a "sheriffs detective"? 

Sheriffs don't need any law enforcement/police education right ? how does that apply to a "sheriffs detective"? 

I'm surprised they haven't already figured it out.

It took investigators one day to figure out the speed and what happened with my last car accident.

Speed was probably "at least" 90 MPH. This is not a rumor, or simply a belief...

The car struck a light pole, two trees and a sign noting the street's 45 mph speed limit, but Los Angeles County Sheriff's detective Jeff Maag tells PEOPLE the driver "was doing well over 45 ? [it's] fair to say at least twice that."

Holmes, who does body work for high-end vehicles such as Rodas's limited-edition, 610-hp Porsche Carerra GT, says he and other car enthusiasts at the accident site expect investigators will determine that mechanical failure was the main cause of the accident.

"For that car to disintegrate the way it did, speed, of course [was a factor], but something went wrong and it put them at an angle to the curb," Holmes tells PEOPLE. "There's not a shadow of a doubt in my mind, it wasn?t driver error."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20762380,00.html

I'm surprised they haven't already figured it out.

It took investigators one day to figure out the speed and what happened with my last car accident.

The broad swaths of the accident have been known since day 1 when investigators arrived on the scene. Because it's a celebrity and there's so much scrutiny, they're just being overly cautious. Right now they're waiting on getting the data from the car's "black box".

If this were you or me the investigation would have been done on Sunday.

Speed was probably "at least" 90 MPH. This is not a rumor, or simply a belief...

The broad swaths of the accident have been known since day 1 when investigators arrived on the scene. Because it's a celebrity and there's so much scrutiny, they're just being overly cautious. Right now they're waiting on getting the data from the car's "black box".

If this were you or me the investigation would have been done on Sunday.

Do they make the car's computer fireproof?  I am surprised it survived, or is that something they add to exotics?

Do they make the car's computer fireproof?  I am surprised it survived, or is that something they add to exotics?

Hopefully it was in a place that survived the impact and the fire. They're still looking for it. Porsche "seems to think" it should have one  :)

But finding those answers will be more difficult, Maag says, because "it's an exotic car, so it's not built like a normal car. And this one's been burnt and mangled."

He hopes to glean important information from the car's black box, but first they have to find it.

"Porsche seems to think it has one. They put them in all different locations [in the car]. We have to dig for it," Maag says.

Once they have the box, "We may have to send [it] to Germany to be downloaded, or perhaps we can plug it into another Porsche GT and be able to read it from that."

He says the black box "will give us the speed, whether they were wearing their seat belts, all kinds of information 25 seconds before the collision and 5 seconds after."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20762380,00.html

Blackbox is similar to the planes that they have them..  so they can investigate it and what caused it.

Maybe they have fireproof housing on the blackbox to protect the data for cars...    Just like the safe you have at home to protect your stuff such as important documents or expensive jewelry.

New sport cars probably have them since the drivers usually have fun with their cars such as joy ride or speeding, etc.

Ferrari sold some of their sportier cars only to previous owners who had black boxes that showed they actually drove their ferraris properly. Fast and hard(preferably not on roads), not sure which car this was, but I think it was probably the FX track car.

Please don't try to twist my words, I am not trying to say the detectives are wrong or don't know what they are talking about. When it comes to things like this the law work on FACT not opinion and you know that.

I keep seeing the words, "probably, likely, possibly" etc. These are not words of a fact these are words of opinion, assumption, belief. I am in no way trying to suggest that there is a liklihood that the detectives involved are in anyway wrong, I personally am not prepared to paint someone as guitly without the facts which until now, I don't believe they have been confirmed.

Please don't try to twist my words, I am not trying to say the detectives are wrong or don't know what they are talking about. When it comes to things like this the law work on FACT not opinion and you know that.

I keep seeing the words, "probably, likely, possibly" etc. These are not words of a fact these are words of opinion, assumption, belief. I am in no way trying to suggest that there is a liklihood that the detectives involved are in anyway wrong, I personally am not prepared to paint someone as guitly without the facts which until now, I don't believe they have been confirmed.

I didn't mean to twist your words, I was just genuinely curios if the so called sheriffs detective requires some law enforcement eduction unlike sheriffs.