Ford's 2015 Mustang unleashed: World gets a peek

I'm actually pretty shocked that they pulled off 300HP plus from a 4-cyl.  Must be a pretty hearty turbo.

Eh, have you never heard of the STi or Evo or Focus RS or Mazdaspeed 3 or... you get the idea. None of those run huge turbos.

I'd rather a turbo'd I6 than a V8 any day. Ford made them in Australia, but they seem to refuse to put them in the Mustang. Probably because they know they'd be better than the V8 and it's cheaper to just keep banging those out.

Eh, have you never heard of the STi or Evo or Focus RS or Mazdaspeed 3 or... you get the idea. None of those run huge turbos.

I'd rather a turbo'd I6 than a V8 any day. Ford made them in Australia, but they seem to refuse to put them in the Mustang. Probably because they know they'd be better than the V8 and it's cheaper to just keep banging those out.

Then there's the Mercedes CLA 45 AMG (or any 45 AMG engine). It is the most powerful series production four-cylinder turbocharged and it's 178hp/liter, amazing.

Me personally, I'd rather have a V8 over a turbo 4 or turbo 6. Why not bi-turbo a V8 like the new AMG 63 engines or M5 :D You have to love the grunt of a naturally aspirated V8, but turbo 4/6/8's are awesome also.

Then there's the Mercedes CLA 45 AMG (or any 45 AMG engine). It is the most powerful series production four-cylinder turbocharged and it's 178hp/liter, amazing.

Me personally, I'd rather have a V8 over a turbo 4 or turbo 6. Why not bi-turbo a V8 like the new AMG 63 engines or M5 :D You have to love the grunt of a naturally aspirated V8, but turbo 4/6/8's are awesome also.

Because if you're getting a V8 bi-turbo you might as well throw a boat anchor under the hood while you're at it.  :D

The Mazdaspeed and STi have around 260HP and are lighter (edit: STi indeed has 305), so of course they won't need as large of a turbo.

The Evo is about in the same ballpark as the Mustang and it does have a large turbo with a lot of boost (up to 19 psi).

The Focus RS is a 5-cylinder, so it's not comparable, but it's also not that fast of a car (0-60 in 5.9 is nothing to write home about).

It's also very possible that the 2014-2015 RS will have the same engine as this Mustang.

The Mazdaspeed and STi have around 260HP and are lighter, so of course they won't need as large of a turbo.

The Evo is about in the same ballpark as the Mustang and it does have a large turbo with a lot of boost (up to 19 lbs).

The Focus RS is a 5-cylinder, so it's not comparable, but it's also not that fast of a car (0-60 in 5.9 is nothing to write home about).

It's also very possible that the 2014-2015 RS will have the same engine as this Mustang.

STi is 305.

STi is 305.

Oops, you're right.  I was looking at the regular WRX spec on their website.  Good catch.  (Y)

Not sure what sort of turbo is in that car (15 psi is decent), but it's incredibly fast.  A co-worker of mine has one, and it'll snap your neck back on launch.

Oops, you're right.  I was looking at the regular WRX spec on their website.  Good catch.  (Y)

Not sure what sort of turbo is in that car (15 psi is decent), but it's incredibly fast.  A co-worker of mine has one, and it'll snap your neck back on launch.

I wouldn't mind having one  :)

• Like 1

Well, it's all wheel drive, of course it will launch fast.

If I keep having issues with my '13 I might have to upgrade for all the new toys <.< I mean...to get rid of my unlucky one >.> (note that Ford has taken care of every issue that has come up...I just haven't liked how often I get to use their awesome service :P)

[spam]

8239571730_647f1732b9_b.jpg

8239571106_5275439bc1_b.jpg

• Like 2

If I keep having issues with my '13 I might have to upgrade for all the new toys <.< I mean...to get rid of my unlucky one >.> (note that Ford has taken care of every issue that has come up...I just haven't liked how often I get to use their awesome service :p)

[spam]

That is gorgeous! What issues are you having with yours? 

Various things.. biggest ones being suspension related. It has been in the dealer for 29 days in the past 1.5yrs (since I got it). Again it has all been fixed, just has been a lot and hasn't stopped :P Ford stepped up and has been taking care of it though

That is gorgeous! What issues are you having with yours?