World's most insane ebay ad

Of all the insane ebay ads I have seen, this one takes the cake. This also may be the perfect present  to give someone you love this Christmas.  :laugh:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-THINKPAD-360PE-2620-BIOS-1994-WORKS-in-EXELENT-condition-FLIP-TOUCH-screen-/181265119943?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item2a343e3ac7

Son "Wow Mom thank you, this is just what I wanted for Christmas" 

Mom "Your welcome, but we may lose our house beginning of next month"

Err... I don't know many schools who can spend $200k on an artefact :P

I don't believe the author meant that, I think he meant the laptop is owned by the student to use for schoolwork.

I don't believe the author meant that, I think he meant the laptop is owned by the student to use for schoolwork.

I think he probably did, because I know even less school-children with $200k chump change lying around for a Windows 95 tablet PC :p

• Like 1

Spiffy, used to have to work with a lot of ThinkPads back when I was employed by a large corporation and not myself, never saw one of the touch versions though.. nice for the timeframe. (Not so much for the price, good luck with that.) Certainly don't miss the "nipple mouse."

OMG, that has a "super" connector on its back - parallel heaven.

This, my friends, is the perfect machine for world domination.

$_3.JPG

I have one like this, but definitely no where near as nice.  Somewhere I also have a model that you removed the back portion of the monitor half of the laptop, then you could put it on an overhead projector and the LCD screen would show.  Essentially you removed the backlight and the transparent part of the display remained.  

It's actually not that terrible...  Windows 95 runs okay on the 486 chip with enough memory.  I want to say my model has 20meg of memory in it.  16meg on a card that looks like a PCMCIA card that sits under the HD.  4 meg was onboard.  Some of the 360's had simms in them for memory but they were the last production runs.  The 760 series is where DIMMS reallly became the standard.  

I bet Windows 95 runs like crap on that to be honest.. 

IBM sure knew how to build modular laptops back in the day. I remember having one in 2001 that the keyboard lifted up and everything was exposed with little slide-out brackets to remove everything - very much like pic #4. I miss those days... That hinge is like the great great grandfather to my XPS 12 :)

It's actually not that terrible...  Windows 95 runs okay on the 486 chip with enough memory.  I want to say my model has 20meg of memory in it.  16meg on a card that looks like a PCMCIA card that sits under the HD.  4 meg was onboard.  Some of the 360's had simms in them for memory but they were the last production runs.  The 760 series is where DIMMS reallly became the standard.  

I had 22megs of ram on my 486DX2.. Windows 95 didn't run too well on it.. 

I definitely remember "running" 95 on a 486 system that had 4MB of RAM[*].  It installed...it launched...but everything was pretty much a slide show.  Given the 20MB this machine has, 95 would run in a perfectly acceptable fashion.  I remember that with 64MB, it would hardly ever need to page anything to disk.

[*]  4MB takes me back...to put things into perspective, any store nowadays still carrying a machine with 1000 times that amount of RAM is dealing with old inventory.

Good item for any school, college, or museum computer history exposition

:s

I am sure some school really wants to spend 200,000 for a Windows 95 Thinkpad to be put on display :no:

I had a Pentium 60MHz (one of the original ones) with 32MB of RAM and windows 95 ran like CRAP on it.... it worked but it was horrible... not until my P2 with 64MB of RAM did windows 95 feel smooth