Bridge_04.jpg?ve=1

The phrase ?we?ll cross that bridge when we come to it? is about to have a whole new meaning in China.

The "Mobius" bridge, proposed for the Dragon King Harbor River development in Changsha, China, is about to become the craziest bridge anyone ever had to cross.

The pedestrian bridge, which would span over 490 feet long and 78 feet high, will be made of a series of interwoven, spaghetti-like pathways all constructed at a range of different heights.

The Dutch firm NEXT Architects was awarded first prize in a competition to design the bridge, which will span a river within the town of Meixi Lake. The firm based its design on the Mobius ring, a one-sided surface made by twisting and joining one end of a rectangle with its other fixed end, as well as knots found in ancient Chinese folk art.

more

just walking in there should be the same as full 1 hour cardio exercise. In fact while it looks pretty (resembles a dragon), this is a very stupid idea: bad for someone with a disability, bad for the elderly, etc.

just walking in there should be the same as full 1 hour cardio exercise. In fact while it looks pretty (resembles a dragon), this is a very stupid idea: bad for someone with a disability, bad for the elderly, etc.

Shockingly not everything in this world needs to cater to those two groups nor does it mean that there isn't a pathway that isn't disability friendly to them. 

• Like 3

Shockingly not everything in this world needs to cater to those two groups nor does it mean that there isn't a pathway that isn't disability friendly to them. 

Yea he's totally forgetting about children. Won't somebody think of the children!

surprising to hear this coming from a democrat/progressive...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/justice-department-force-public-pools-install-elevators_633885.html

can't have portable handicap spatulas... It has to be permanent!  Waist of money!

Would this be safe during a quake when the bridge starts resonating and swaying? (Speaking of resonance, that reminded me of the funny incident when a group of people on top of a building caused it to shake violently for 10-15 minutes simply by dancing to the song I've Got the Power!)

Since they built a bizarre looking bridge, they should have painted it with odd colours to match its weirdness instead of making it generic red colour. :D

Why not ask them to hire you so you could paint it in Lime green...  then you fly back home...

They visit the bridge and go "WTF?"

heheheh.

looks like something out of a video game. but it still looks nice. I am not sure i would call the design insane.

Why not ask them to hire you so you could paint it in Lime green...  then you fly back home...

They visit the bridge and go "WTF?"

heheheh.

Honestly, I think they would think "WTF?" even if it wasn't painted lime green. :laugh:

Honestly, I think they would think "WTF?" even if it wasn't painted lime green. :laugh:

Red, dark red, brown, stainless steel are not bad at all... But the odd colors is WTF.   

I wonder if this design is more, or less, earthquake resistant.

I am sure it is.  They designed it at the office and they have bridge structures something like hydraulics for testing at their lab to make sure it is stable enough before start building a bridge. Which they used the earthquake resistant parts under the buildings.