WiTricity (wireless electric power) breaking out

That is true but we know that there are additional health risks from living near high voltage power lines. Too much electricity is not a good thing.

Some people also think that magnetic fields are untapped potential energy. The stronger the field, the more potential energy according to them. Doesn't make it true that

Considering how many companies are signing on; from Apple, ALPS & Intel to major automakers & suppliers like Delphi, and in Japan Mitsubishi (not just the auto division) and Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries (IHI.) Major medical device and prosthetic companies too. Hell, even the DoD (DARPA) and the US Army are partners.

My bet is a lot sooner than 2025 because it makes possible a whole new class of portable devices and services.

Many major companies are calling it a transformative tech, and WiTricity has published WiCAD - a design and simulation tool to speed its implementation.

WiTricity is more likely to be used suppliers than be fought by them. GE has given the techs an award for its transformative potential, and there are models where it could be used for power distribution where wires or underground distribution are undesirable.

WiTricity could easily be as transformative as cellular and a WiFi.

i wonder how major powerplant companies would react, especially if a homeowner could make this to supply his/her own electrical needs.

How upset are they about extension cords or power board?

Yes, those designed to use WiTricity. The battery could be smaller too, and it's a big part of a pacemaker or defibrillator implants volume.

Pacemakers, electronic artificial limbs (like my leg prosthesis), brain-machine interfaces and other neural, optical and auditory implants, artificial hearts and left ventricle assist devices, the coming mass produced exoskeletons for the paralyze and infirm....

The list of medical devices is huge and the companies that make them are VERY interested.

i wonder how major powerplant companies would react, especially if a homeowner could make this to supply his/her own electrical needs.

Why would they be bothered?? The power would still be supplied by them.