Has anyone experienced any OS instability or freezing?

So we've all had PS4s for a while, mine launched with the 1.51 firmware and so far I haven't had one crash. Crashes I would sometimes get on the PS3 usually consisted of a game lock up, or when exiting a game my machine would restart rather than going to the XMB.

Not had any of that on my PS4. The OS is quite fast, we've all seen that, just wondering about stability experiences so far.

I've mostly been playing AC4 and Resogun. I have heard BF4 is quite bad at locking up/crashing.

I've been playing Resogun and AC4 without any game related crashes.

I have had some slow downs in the main dash and when going to the store, but that does not happen very often. The main dash slow down seems to be tied to the activity feed loading up. I've also seen random delays in message receiving/sending but that's probably network related.

Otherwise, my only constant issue is app loading and crashing. I've been dropped out of apps back to the dash, some apps take far too long to load, and some are slow to respond once your in them.

So basically, no issue in relation to gaming, but a handful of OS or non-gaming app issues. None of it terrible, but it happens enough to annoy me :laugh: I just stopped using apps to avoid that stuff. The OS outside of those issues has been fast and fluid.

No crashes yet.  Have had the system lock up when the PSN is down or it cannot connect to the internet.  I will get a blue screen with the wave graphics, but it doesn't move, and I can't get out of it.  If I try and hit the PS button I get a little stop sign in the corner basically saying I can't get back.  The only way I got out was hold the PS button and shut it down.

I have played AC IV,  Killzone, Resogun and all available demos.  All run smooth, and I would say out of the many times I've used the console.. I've experienced issues only in the OS and they are few and far between.

No issues at all related to the OS. Like others have said, Battlefield crashes have happens. KZ has crashed once. Other than that, nothing. 

I was having an issue where the sound sometimes wouldn't work at boot, and I'd have to reboot it to fix the issue. But that hasn't happened since the first week, so I'm going to say no, no issues at all here.