THANKS NVIDIA! /s Crappy drivers freezing my PC

Really? Mine is still working just fine, and it's factory overclocked. Heck I know 3 of my friends with a 560 Ti, and I haven't heard one of them complain about it. 

How long has it been since you used your 560ti card? You're specs sat 770. There were issues starting spring of last year up until Beta driver 331.82. Anything after that driver had no problems. Crashes usually happened when browsing the internet by going to intensive sites like facebook, maximum PC, ext. But you also have to have other sites open like outlook.com. Some games would crash the driver too if these websites were running in the background.

OFT, but seeing this thread reminds me I need to put my 670 up on ebay.

Probably just placebo but the latest drivers seem to have better image quality on my 780.  BF4 seems to look a lot sharper.

Or a PEBKAC.

Sweeping statement is sweeping.

They were no hardware problems because the issues were fixed after driver 331.82 beta. It's not really good to assume that it's a hardware issue unless you are the one writing the driver code and are 100% certain that it's a hardware issue..

I had an issue with Java 6 Update 32 (the newest version we can use at my business to be compatible with General Motors and Kia Motors)  The Java windows would crash and peg the CPU @ 100%.  I would have to end the process to close it.  Using older drivers seemed to fix the problem.  

How long has it been since you used your 560ti card? You're specs sat 770. There were issues starting spring of last year up until Beta driver 331.82. Anything after that driver had no problems. Crashes usually happened when browsing the internet by going to intensive sites like facebook, maximum PC, ext. But you also have to have other sites open like outlook.com. Some games would crash the driver too if these websites were running in the background.

February 2011, so roughly 3 years of rock solid performance, and still going. My main desktop is running GTX 770, which I just bought recently. I transferred the GTX 560 Ti to the backup computer. I've run Beta drivers on my main desktop, and haven't had a single issue. I haven't heard of any mass problems with the 560 Ti, it might just be you. 

February 2011, so roughly 3 years of rock solid performance, and still going. My main desktop is running GTX 770, which I just bought recently. I transferred the GTX 560 Ti to the backup computer. I've run Beta drivers on my main desktop, and haven't had a single issue. I haven't heard of any mass problems with the 560 Ti, it might just be you. 

Just an FYI, do you use the internet? Obviously when it doesn't pertain to you then no one else shouldn't have the problem. And if they do, then it is the assumption that it is a 100% hardware failure. another FYI, not only did NVidia as me but they also made a post on their website to ask the owners of the 560ti cards to send in their cards while they give loaner cards. The problem was difficult to reproduce because there was no real evidence in the dump files for them to locate the source of the error. Obviously it "Was" wide spread or they would not have wasted money doing this. I highly suggest you do a bit of research before commenting. It would definitely help you gain more knowledge before posting comments.Again, since the problem has been fixed, it was not a hardware issue. It just took them a long time to fix the issue.

Just an FYI, do you use the internet? Obviously when it doesn't pertain to you then no one else shouldn't have the problem. And if they do, then it is the assumption that it is a 100% hardware failure. another FYI, not only did NVidia as me but they also made a post on their website to ask the owners of the 560ti cards to send in their cards while they give loaner cards. The problem was difficult to reproduce because there was no real evidence in the dump files for them to locate the source of the error. Obviously it "Was" wide spread or they would not have wasted money doing this. I highly suggest you do a bit of research before commenting. It would definitely help you gain more knowledge before posting comments.Again, since the problem has been fixed, it was not a hardware issue. It just took them a long time to fix the issue.

Link to this? How does this work? I am going to go out on a limb and say most gamers will purchase non-reference cards (aka branded video cards like MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc.). Did it affect one brand more than another - and if so did they extend warranty on affected 560 Ti's? Furthermore, there is the 384 core and 448 core, which one did it affect, or both? I tried a quick Google for "560 Ti Recall" and "560 Ti Failure" and nothing out of the ordinary except the usual unlucky people who have failed cards due to some in a bad batch. As with any product, the ones that do fail or have issues, people have strong voices on the internet...

Link to this? How does this work? I am going to go out on a limb and say most gamers will purchase non-reference cards (aka branded video cards like MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc.). Did it affect one brand more than another - and if so did they extend warranty on affected 560 Ti's? Furthermore, there is the 384 core and 448 core, which one did it affect, or both? I tried a quick Google for "560 Ti Recall" and "560 Ti Failure" and nothing out of the ordinary except the usual unlucky people who have failed cards due to some in a bad batch. As with any product, the ones that do fail or have issues, people have strong voices on the internet...

Dude, I'm not going to sift through all the issues that are related to the 560ti during that time. What I will do is give you a link to the NVidia forums which will display all of the discussions about the 560ti crash issues.I have an Asus card which is built extremly sturdy. Oh and you are using the wrong words. There were no failures to the cards. The "Driver crashed". So when doing a search you need to be more spacific. search: "560 Ti driver failure".

https://forums.geforce.com/search/more/sitecommentsearch/560ti%20crash%20problems/

Dude, I'm not going to sift through all the issues that are related to the 560ti during that time. What I will do is give you a link to the NVidia forums which will display all of the discussions about the 560ti crash issues.I have an Asus card which is built extremly sturdy. Oh and you are using the wrong words. There were no failures to the cards. The "Driver crashed". So when doing a search you need to be more spacific. search: "560 Ti driver failure".

https://forums.geforce.com/search/more/sitecommentsearch/560ti%20crash%20problems/

Here's the thread you are talking about:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/621899/geforce-drivers/desktop-internet-browser-freeze-thread-w-geforce-460-560-gpus-updated-for-nb-12-5-13-page79-/

EDIT: ehh that looks too late in date to be what you are talking about actually...

There are many topics on this (now seemingly fixed) issue, one of which is linked in my opening post by a unsatisfied customer.

The only drivers that didn't crash for me where in the 311 series, considering we're now on 332 (fixed in 331.93 beta) that's quite a number of drivers in between before it got fixed.