Chumlee upgrades Old Man's computer (Pawn Stars)

Chumlee HAS to be paid extra to play the part of such a dumb a**

Otherwise,

To be that stupid and work in a pawn shop, even if it was his own father he was working for, he'd be fired!

The prerequisite of most shows now a days is to see how stupid you can make people act and to see how many stupid people you can actually get to watch it!

• Like 1

I don't think Chumlee is that dumb in real life, I bet the producers purposely make him look dumb for entertainment purposes.

I don't think Chumlee is that dumb in real life, I bet the producers purposely make him look dumb for entertainment purposes.

that's what I thought, but ive seen him in interviews, and he doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed.

He's not that dumb.  He has a net worth of $2 million dollars, gets paid $25,000 per episode and is a childhood friend of Corey's.  And he makes more than any other cast member in merchandising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Russell

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/austin-chumlee-russell-net-worth/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chum is awesome.  Though it does always surprise me when he knows what he is talking about.  It's kind of funny though, the Pawn Stars UK has a guy that is like Chumlee.. but much smaller.

• Like 1

I don't think he's dumb as much as he just doesn't pay attention and is really lazy. He is apparently a fully educated electrician, and unless requirements are a lot less stringent over there than here, you're don't get to be an electrician being quite as dumb as he "is". He also knows quite a lot about sneakers...

was this part of an episode or did someone just put the text on standard images?

Someone? I made this up totally myself with using images from google and with text put in front. :)

I have watched pawn stars obsessively enough to know how these little scenes play out. :)

Old man, "chumlee what did you do with the papers I gave you?"

Chumlee, "I put them on the table"

Old man, "What table?"

Chumlee, "Over there"

Old man, "that was the recycle paper table and papers get taken out daily"

Chumlee,"Sorry old man"

Old man, "Oh my god"

You guys know that the whole show is staged. The customers are actors . . .

Tell me a show that isn't staged, or scripted? Even the news is scripted.

Tell me a show that isn't staged, or scripted? Even the news is scripted.

I'm sure Cops is staged and/or scripted...  Jeopardy...  Any game show I suppose...

I'm sure Cops is staged and/or scripted...  Jeopardy...  Any game show I suppose...

Cops is re-enactments and such.  I guess Game Shows.. but I am sure that they are rigged to some extent.