PS4 Guides / Set-up Tips.

How-To's, Guides, Setup tips and anything that might be useful to new PS4 users!

Feel free to add any videos you find online which you think would be beneficial to new PS4 users.

How to Setup face login on PS4.

Voice Commands on PS4

PS4 Settings Tips (Look very useful)

How to use Smart Phone / Tablet as keyboard on PS4

• Like 2

Thanks for the guides. Right now IMO everything is pretty straight forward, but that is partly due to the OS lacking a little. Getting a bit annoyed waiting for this patch to include the pulse wireless headset support. DLNA would be a bigger issue if my PS3 were not still connected up - Lots of good games still to come and in my backlog.

Thanks for the guides. Right now IMO everything is pretty straight forward, but that is partly due to the OS lacking a little. Getting a bit annoyed waiting for this patch to include the pulse wireless headset support. DLNA would be a bigger issue if my PS3 were not still connected up - Lots of good games still to come and in my backlog.

Had never heard of the pulse headset brand till your post, they've got some very good reviews for the 7.1 channel one. Hopefully support is added soon.

My own personal tip to new PS4 users is to get a 2nd controller and one of the PS4 charging docks.

The controller battery lasts a fair amount of time but its a hassle connecting it up to the PS4 with the mini-usb cable, the charging dock is much easier and there are ones which have a led display which indicate how full the battery is.

A 2nd controller is good also even if you mostly play single player or online multiplayer or friends bring their own controllers over for local multiplayer because once the 1st controller goes flat you can replace it with the 2nd controller which sits in the charging dock and continue playing without having to connect wires or waiting for it to recharge.

My own personal tip to new PS4 users is to get a 2nd controller and one of the PS4 charging docks.

The controller battery lasts a fair amount of time but its a hassle connecting it up to the PS4 with the mini-usb cable, the charging dock is much easier and there are ones which have a led display which indicate how full the battery is.

A 2nd controller is good also even if you mostly play single player or online multiplayer or friends bring their own controllers over for local multiplayer because once the 1st controller goes flat you can replace it with the 2nd controller which sits in the charging dock and continue playing without having to connect wires or waiting for it to recharge.

I second this big time.

I had already wanted a second controller so I got one with my console, but man, that battery life makes having a charging dock a must.  I've been getting a consistent 6-7 hours on a charge.  Big step back from last gen.

Also agree with trooper. While an amazing controller, DS4 has terrible battery life. Max 3 hours. I used to keep the charging cable for DS3 in my accessory drawer, which is on the other side of my apartment. But for PS4, its in the entertainment center right next to the controller. Suggest all do the same!

Yep, I currently own a PS4 and XBox One, and the only one I picked up a second controller for is the PS4. I third the sentiment of having a second one on deck is a good thing.

Also I am with Audioboxer on the Pulse Elite support. I actually had the original Sony Wireless Headset and upgraded to the Pulse as it was originally said the PS4 would support it right away. They need to get that up and running ASAP. Just not the same plugging it into the headset port on the controller, which does work for now.

• Like 1

Also agree with trooper. While an amazing controller, DS4 has terrible battery life. Max 3 hours. I used to keep the charging cable for DS3 in my accessory drawer, which is on the other side of my apartment. But for PS4, its in the entertainment center right next to the controller. Suggest all do the same!

They need to allow the light to be manually turned off. Someone on GAF opened a DS4 and snipped the light cable. Controller lasted a heck of a lot longer.

Larry Pulse support is coming this month apparently.

• Like 2

They need to allow the light to be manually turned off. Someone on GAF opened a DS4 and snipped the light cable. Controller lasted a heck of a lot longer.

Totally agree with this, the ability to turn it off would make it last a hell of a lot longer, especially when games don't need it just yet to operate. I've only seen it work in Playroom and Killzone anyway.

• Like 1

Yes, being able to turn the light off will be nice tho I like the lights, and got used to working around the short battery life. I think none of us are marathon gamers anymore, so its not a huge problem. But the option to turn it off will be helpful.

Larry, the DS4 audio port is a commendable idea in promoting consideration and noise reduction, but I agree the passthrough sounds weird. For wireless its actually very powerful, but oddly flat. Played Ghosts through controller audio, and while no sounds were missing and the volume was great, the mix was off. All sounds were equally powered, and there was no positioning. Switched back to my trusty TV headphones.

That would be great. I can't imagine its that difficult to enable a software control over the lights to turn them off completely.

At the very least, it should be smart enough to not be on when it does not need to be.