Ant-Man

Rumored for the role since earlier this year, Paul Rudd is Marvel Studio's choice to headline Ant-Man! The Wrap reports that the Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues star will play Hank Pym in the July 31, 2015 release.

Set to begin production early next year in Georgia, Ant-Man will be directed by Wright, who co-wrote the script with Joe Cornish (Attack the Block).

Although there's no assurance yet that it remains the case, Wright's original plans for the film called for both Pym and the later Ant-Man of the comics, Scott Lang, to appear in the feature.

"The idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both... Henry Pym and Scott Lang," Wright told SuperHeroHype some years ago. "So you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of 'Tales to Astonish' mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him."

The film, which is supposed to launch "Phase Three" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, will follow Avengers: Age of Ultron's May 1, 2015 release.

Src

Does anyone know if Rudd can actually act?

I have only ever seen him play one character. No seriously, several shows and movies, but all the same character.

Yes, and he is even pretty decent at it.

can you point me to any specific stuff he has done (that is different than his one character)?

I'm not sure what his one character is, but I particularly enjoyed him in:

This is 40

Dinner for Schmucks

Knocked Up (minor role)

I'm not sure what his one character is, but I particularly enjoyed him in:

This is 40

Dinner for Schmucks

Knocked Up (minor role)

but, that's all the same thing and even full on one character in two cases.

This is like casting the guy that did Van Wilder for a Green Lantern movie, it makes no sen... oh WAIT. They already did that. :shifty:

This is like casting the guy that did Van Wilder for a Green Lantern movie, it makes no sen... oh WAIT. They already did that. :shifty:

I think he will surprise everyone

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like this casting choice as of right now, but we'll see. 

go back and check out what people thought about Heath Ledger as the joker.  Obviously it doesnt always happen.. but sometimes the director gets it right..

go back and check out what people thought about Heath Ledger as the joker.  Obviously it doesnt always happen.. but sometimes the director gets it right..

I know, as I said, we'll see when the movie comes out. ;) 

Judd Apatow Has Seen Paul Rudd's Ant Man Costume

At the premier of 'Girls', producer Judd Apatow told MTV that he has had the privilege of seeing actor Paul Rudd in his full Ant Man garb. "I've already seen [Rudd suited up] in our personal lives together, but I'm super excited for him"

x

Michael Douglas to Play Hank Pym in Marvel?s ?Ant-Man?

After winning the Golden Globe Sunday for ?Behind the Candelabra,? Michael Douglas has found a high-profile new gig as scientist Hank Pym in Marvel?s ?Ant-man.?

Edgar Wright is helming the pic from a script he wrote with Joe Cornish.

?With Hank Pym?s rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves,? said Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. ?We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn?t be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life.?

Plot details are being kept under wraps. Feige is producing.

Marvel had pursued Douglas early on for the part, but the actor was cautious until sources said he had a change of heart over the holidays.

x

Looks like Rudd will be Scott Lang

Oh I see, they are going that route. I am unfamiliar with that route but I see what Wright meant by he was going to be a Thief and all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since Warner Bros. has pushed back the release of its untitled Batman/Superman movie into 2016, Disney/Marvel has taken advantage of the vacated date and bumped up Ant-Man yet again. Now instead of July 31, 2015, the Edgar Wright-directed flick will open on July 17, 2015. This new date will pit Ant-Man against Warners' new Peter Pan movie, and it'll follow The Avengers: Age of Ultron by just two and a half months.

• Like 2