Trying to decide on a resolution for 15.6" screen

I'm looking at buying my wife a new laptop for Christmas, It's the same model, but one has a resolution of 1366x768 and the other has 1920x1080. Her current laptop has the same size screen but a resolution of 1440x900, she seems to like that resolution  and I think that it fits well.

What are your opinions on the two? She uses the laptop for web browsing, email, documentation if Office and viewing photos.

In my opinion the higher the screen resolution the better. If your wife has issues reading text or recognising icons at 1920x1080 set Windows to high DPI mode. 

• Like 2

Keep in mind that switching to High DPI settings can cause aliasing issues and general blurriness in Windows if the UI doesn't scale well automatically (it is suppose to in Windows 8.1 iirc?)

I'm looking at buying my wife a new laptop for Christmas, It's the same model, but one has a resolution of 1366x768 and the other has 1920x1080. Her current laptop has the same size screen but a resolution of 1440x900, she seems to like that resolution  and I think that it fits well.

What are your opinions on the two? She uses the laptop for web browsing, email, documentation if Office and viewing photos.

What model, and will she be using it outdoors? Unfortunately, while higher resolution is generally better, panel quality and brightness can also vary a great deal.

Hello,

My ThinkPad W510 with a 15.something" screen is 1920?1080.  This seems to work quite well for me.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky