SO what did we get (or give) for Xmas?

Damien: Stand in the shopping area of Bognor Regis and sing. If you're lucky shop owners will pay you more than enough to stop. :p

There is a spot now the former busker had a stroke and is now in a home...

• Like 1

Socks. Got a bunch of socks.

Now you need to tell us what the socks look like. :p

I don't celebrate Christmas, but to keep the kids from not being "in" with their friends, bought them "christms gifts" :p, and also received Christmas gifts myself. a coffee machine, a jacket, and a rug. I also gifted a bunch of surface RTs to family members and a few friends. the rest got pots and pans or glass cups.

Good to see that you keep the holiday spirit for other people even if you don't celebrate it. :)

Socks. Got a bunch of socks.

I need socks, dropped hints to the girlfriend and ended up with one pair that came in a smellies gift set from her parents.

Gave my in-laws tickets to the theatre.

My wife got whole bunch of out-door gear for walking, boots, waterproofs etc.

I got a new Police watch, projection alarm clock, walking boots and a display case for my increasing amount of watches.

I reckon we should all PayPal Rappy/Damian a couple of quid each to take him and his mum out for a nice meal.  What's the consensus on that, seeing as he gives so much to this forum.  

I would chip in.

I reckon we should all PayPal Rappy/Damian a couple of quid each to take him and his mum out for a nice meal.  What's the consensus on that, seeing as he gives so much to this forum.

A few bucks during the holiday season? Sure, I'm in.

FTW!

I did a white elephant gift exchange with some co-workers.

What I gave:  A Richard Simmons work-out DVD, a headband, and a Gatorade.  :rofl:

What I received: A super nice arctic-rated thermos (Yeah, a few of the people didn't know what a white elephant gift was.)

I deliberately said to not get me socks.  I explained that I threw out ALL my socks, and went and bought 50 pairs of exactly the same black socks, so any "other" socks will just get in the way.  Now I can ball up my socks without checking first.

I still got 4 pairs of "different socks".  1st world problems!

• Like 2

Who do you hate that much to give that?!? I'm kidding! :p

The gifts were randomly dispersed, so it wasn't aimed at anybody in particular.   :D

Somebody else got a terrible bottom-shelf bottle of pre-mixed margarita.  I'm glad I didn't get that one!

I saw a lot of people complaining about getting a lot of socks. Seriously? Socks are cool!

Who's complaining? Although I must say I prefer my socks at or slightly above room temperature...

Decided to update the Xbox ( I had),  to an Xbox 360 E 4 GB. Since it uses less power (than the one I had, and its got the kinect port).To save me buying another hdd for 120 -150 NZ $ I ripped it out of the old Xbox. Plugged it in and it's all go

Might replace it later, if I can bothered forking out the money to pay for one

The thread I made about donating a little something to Rappy / Damian has now been closed thanks to a user who chose not to express any human kindness but did choose to be vocal about said issue.

This is my last post here, so I wanted to say I've given a small amount to damien@neowin.net (paypal verified address).  It would be lovely if a few others did.  It's not about money, it's about humans showing humans some kindness and helping someone who could do with a night out.  If you disagree, feel free to disagree quietly.

Thanks for lord knows how many years here :)

The thread I made about donating a little something to Rappy / Damian has now been closed thanks to a user who chose not to express any human kindness but did choose to be vocal about said issue.

This is my last post here, so I wanted to say I've given a small amount to damien@neowin.net (paypal verified address).  It would be lovely if a few others did.  It's not about money, it's about humans showing humans some kindness and helping someone who could do with a night out.  If you disagree, feel free to disagree quietly.

Thanks for lord knows how many years here :)

:( Sorry to see you go bud, I actually enjoyed nearly all of the back and forth banter we've had, and will miss it, I'm not on facebook