Admit it: who's thrown a controller?

I have never thrown one that I have remembered, but my friend, who thinks he is the king at Sonic games, was beaten by my other friend, and he threw the controller at his face, it was funny as h3ll

While playing the Matrix game on GameCube my friend got really ****ed off with the game and threw the console through the living room window (he had a few drinks in him), the worst thing is he hit his own car which was parked on the driveway and did over $600 damage to the door panel and had to get it puttied up and repainted! :|

Just this morning I had a test for statistics. When my friend arrived to study with me, he had a new calculator in packaging in his hand. When I gave it a confused look he explained to me that he got so frustrated studying the night before, he broke his calculator so he had to go buy a new one in the morning. Lol.... Sucks when it costs money.

i don't throw my controllers, god knows what damage an xbox control can do when thrown :unsure:

haha funniest thing I read today.

I yell alot when I game and get frustrated but never bad. The only time i start smacking up my monitor is when my comp starts giving me hell and it takes like an hour to fix.

Let's see, when it comes to consoles, I either smack the HELL outta the controller, or wing it on the floor so it goes quite a ways without too much blunt force. On my PC, I have a wrist rest built into the desk, so I slam down on it and it sends my KB and mouse slightly into the air, the noise is known by EVERYONE in my house, lol.

My nephew when he was young though, damn, lost a controller to him and almost lost one to my gf's sister. I brought my PS2 over one day to her house, we all started playing, she sucks at games, and SLAMMED my controller onto the floor, I nearly had a heart attack (this was before I had a job to pay for replacing it).

• 2 weeks later...

Threw my psone controller after playing MGS and trying to pass the torture chamber without submission..buttons started goin crazy recording stuff i havent pressed..then after i threw it away found out that i could have used my auto-fire button on my other controller :D

Back in the NES days I got ticked at the last boss (Dracula) in Castlevania 3. I ripped the controller outta the console, ejected the game and threw it across the room. Reality kicked in about 5 seconds later and I freaked out because I thought the game was dead for sure. Thankfully, the game still worked and I went on to beat it. Anger and technology don't mix well :)

Brings back memories. I have thown keyboards and mouses to.

Yea I've def. broken my keyboard numerous times. NOX had to be the biggest game I did that for on PC.

My brother had the problem with throwing the controller, but he'd always end up throwing the system too, and that was just a no.

2 of my 3 PS2 dual shock controllers lost its abality to vibrate. It has been thrown around several times but it still functions normal without the dualshock feature. The dreamcast controllers never been abused. Alot of times the controller wires would be pulled because they are just to short from the console. If I had wireless controllers they'd be neatly stored with my remote controllers. :p

I did it once or twice with the Super Nintendo controllers, don't remember the games though, probably Street Fighter or Donkey Kong!!!! :angry:

I did it once or twice with the Super Nintendo controllers, don't remember the games though, probably Street Fighter or Donkey Kong!!!! :angry:

Ugh, Donkey Kong ****ed me off, especially during the blasting throught he barrels level, omg if it wasn't my best friends system I probably would have thrown it out the window.

Lol its funny ppl have problems with the older gaming systems (mainly SNES). :cool:

If a mouse is considered a controller, then yes.

One day playing Quake, my (balled) mouse developed a fault, which made the mouse hard to move randomly. i presumed some mechanics and broken inside (probably a spring), anyway. I was playing online, doing pretty well in a team deathmatch game. And this one player was a gobby tosser rekoning he was better than thresh, etc.. Anyway he was p1ss and i kept fragging him with joy. Then as a "1-on-1" duel emerged between us, we battled it out. Then, yes, the mouse stopped and i couldnt move my aim, and he fragged me. Then it did it again, and a third time. With that I gripped the mouse, smashed it on the desk about 3 or 4 times, then stood up yanked the cord out the pc and swung the bas-tard around and then smashed into the wall, resulting in about 50 pieces all over my room, and one piece stuck into my right arm. :angry: I was not pleased. had to buy another mouse also.

Back in the day my younger (2yrs) brother and I would play Tecmo Bowl on the good ol' NES, and I actually didn't throw my controller much, but every time I'd beat my brother (which was often) he would throw his controller, usually at me.

As far as recently... I'd have to say the only time I have thrown my controller within the last ten years or so has been while playing The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for XBOX. There were a few times that I had done a lot of work in that game, and forgot that I had turned autosave off (saves when you rest). So I would do just an insane amount of things, hours and hours worth of gameplay, and not realize I didn't save the entire time! One time I threw my controller across the room I was so angry. I was sick that day, so I didn't really do anything, and I couldn't really move, so I just sat in my apt. and played Morrowind all day (I had just recently purchased it). I had pretty much played all day without saving, and without dying once. Well, at some point it had to happen, and I died! Man, when I went to load my game, and looked at the date of the autosave, I threw that controller so hard, damn... I almost cried, I tell you! Haha, no, I didn't... really...

Playing Madden 2004 I became very frustrated. I was up a decent amount and the computer just started making INCREDIBLE plays every single down. So I got very angry when they beat me in last 30 seconds of the 4th quarter, threw my controller against my wall. What sucks about throwing it into my wall is that I live in the basement and my walls are concrete. Ooops.

I remember doing alot of controller heaving when I first got my NES and Mario. But, through all of the pain and shock I put that controller through, it never broke and still works to this day.

Last game I threw a controller was over NCAA 2004. As the Florida Gators I played Auburn in the SEC Championship (2006 year) and with :58 left they threw a hail mary on 4th down and somehow completed it for a TD. I had no more timeouts and lost the game when time ran out at their 26 yard line. I love that game, best sports game I ever purchased (on PS2).

If a mouse is considered a controller, then yes.

One day playing Quake, my (balled) mouse developed a fault, which made the mouse hard to move randomly. i presumed some mechanics and broken inside (probably a spring), anyway. I was playing online, doing pretty well in a team deathmatch game. And this one player was a gobby tosser rekoning he was better than thresh, etc.. Anyway he was p1ss and i kept fragging him with joy. Then as a "1-on-1" duel emerged between us, we battled it out. Then, yes, the mouse stopped and i couldnt move my aim, and he fragged me. Then it did it again, and a third time. With that I gripped the mouse, smashed it on the desk about 3 or 4 times, then stood up yanked the cord out the pc and swung the bas-tard around and then smashed into the wall, resulting in about 50 pieces all over my room, and one piece stuck into my right arm. :angry: I was not pleased. had to buy another mouse also.

Apologies. While reading your post I broke into laughter, only because I had almost the same thing happen to me in UT. Damn those friggin ball mouses!