'Duck Dynasty' Patriarch, Phil Robertson Returns, A&E Announces

The A&E Network announced Friday it would resume filming ?Duck Dynasty? with Phil Robertson and the rest of his family next spring in a reversal of its decision last week to suspend him for comments he made about homosexuality.

In an exclusive statement to FoxNews.com, the family said it was "excited to keep making a quality tv show for our dedicated fans, who have showed us wonderful support. We will continue to represent our faith and values in the most positive way through Duck Dynasty and our many projects that we are currently working on.

" The outpouring of support and prayer has encouraged and emboldened us greatly."

Robertson had been indefinitely suspended by the network on Dec. 18 for remarks he made in an interview with GQ Magazine.

In a statement released late Friday afternoon, A&E said, ?While Phil's comments made in the (GQ) interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the ?coarse language? he used and the misinterpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would ?never incite or encourage hate.?"

The network added that ?Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family, a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A&E Networks also feel strongly about.

?So after discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family.?

Source: Fox News

I'm starting to think this whole thing was planned out from the beginning to boost rating.

Nah, it was just calculated damage control that ended when it was no longer needed. A&E just handled PR as best they could.

so, the fans doesn't care about LGBT's "sensitivity" ?

People have a short memory span and don't care anymore since it's old news now. A&E decided they made a good enough show of punishing him ;-)

They came to this difficult decision after they're ratings for the channel as a whole dropped 30% since suspending Phil. The almighty dollar rules all!

Personally, they have every right to be with who they choose to be with, just has he has every right to believe what he wishes to believe.  I'm not gay, and I'm not big on religion.. doesn't mean I think either should be silenced. If I found it offensive then I wouldn't watch it, problem solved, what goes on in private is none of my business or concern.  If people want freedom then it has to be for everyone, otherwise it's just hypocritical, never mind blatantly tossing Constitutional rights out the window.

I doubt many of the fans had any issue with what he said. They probably overwhelmingly agreed.

A&E aren't stupid, they probably anticipated this from the get-go and knew it would serve as some great free advertising and it would excite their viewers. Call me cynical if you must, but I find it hard to believe A&E would be totally oblivious to the outcome of booting one of their most popular "stars".

I doubt many of the fans had any issue with what he said. They probably overwhelmingly agreed.

A&E aren't stupid, they probably anticipated this from the get-go and knew it would serve as some great free advertising and it would excite their viewers. Call me cynical if you must, but I find it hard to believe A&E would be totally oblivious to the outcome of booting one of their most popular "stars".

I'd call that less cynical and more an intelligent and thoughtful look at the politics of show business.

As part of the LGBT community, I don't agree with what Phil said, but I think A&E overreacted. I wasn't super offended or outraged by what he said; in my opinion I thought he sounded like an idiot in that moment in the interview, but I certainly wouldn't demand anyone remove him from the show or anything. I didn't lose sleep over one guy who disapproves of my life. Perhaps I don't see it the same way GLAAD sees it.

As part of the LGBT community, I don't agree with what Phil said, but I think A&E overreacted. I wasn't super offended or outraged by what he said; in my opinion I thought he sounded like an idiot in that moment in the interview, but I certainly wouldn't demand anyone remove him from the show or anything. I didn't lose sleep over one guy who disapproves of my life. Perhaps I don't see it the same way GLAAD sees it.

That's because GLAAD is pushing an extremist minority agenda that most if not all Gay and non Gay people don't follow, best thing anyone can do is ignore GLAAD, there are much better organizations to support 

That's because GLAAD is pushing an extremist minority agenda that most if not all Gay and non Gay people don't follow, best thing anyone can do is ignore GLAAD, there are much better organizations to support 

Which is what, exactly? Calling out bigots is an extremist agenda?

Nah, it was just calculated damage control that ended when it was no longer needed. A&E just handled PR as best they could.

A&E knew full well what Phils beliefs were before doing the show. It's not the first time he's spoken about them either.

Which is what, exactly? Calling out bigots is an extremist agenda?

Differing opinions are not bigotry, no matter what GLAAD says, go read his actual quote and realize they purposely made this out to be more than it really was 

• Like 2

Phil wants to let you know that everyone is happy and no one is singing the blues.

Also, racism is apparently fine with A&E as long as it's subtle.

• Like 2

Phil wants to let you know that everyone is happy and no one is singing the blues.

Also, racism is apparently fine with A&E as long as it's subtle.

Again, a difference in opinion is not racism, bigotry or prejudice, people need to stop reading the propaganda and read Phil's actual answer, it's no where close to what has been reported 

• Like 2

Again, a difference in opinion is not racism, bigotry or prejudice, people need to stop reading the propaganda and read Phil's actual answer, it's no where close to what has been reported 

Robertson continued, "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

Not sure what his opinion is here. 

Robertson continued, "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

Not sure what his opinion is here. 

Blacks were happier when they were subjugated?

Differing opinions are not bigotry, no matter what GLAAD says, go read his actual quote and realize they purposely made this out to be more than it really was 

So GLAAD's "differing of opinion" with this duck guy is extremism, but his views are just merely opinion? Are you serious? You can't be. You can't call one side extreme and another just a differing of opinion... Unless of course your wholly bias against one side.

Blacks were happier when they were subjugated?

Whew! For a second there I thought it might actually be something covertly racist.

So GLAAD's "differing of opinion" with this duck guy is extremism, but his views are just merely opinion? Are you serious? You can't be. You can't call one side extreme and another just a differing of opinion... Unless of course your wholly bias against one side.

I'm not going to throw around words like extremism, but GLAAD did twist the guy's words around. Listing things in a comma sequence is not "comparing to," so I think GLAAD needs to take an elementary reading comprehension course. I'm never a fan of groups who want to end peoples careers and censor them for comments they made (the "we want their heads" strategy), instead of making something like this a teachable moment. I hadn't heard about this GLAAD group before, but I now have a low opinion of it and their credibility has been damaged, much like the NAACP in recent years.

... Unless of course your wholly bias against one side.

BINGO!

Hopefully viewers will boycott the series but they won't obviously cos apathy is an epidemic now

GLAAD, also doesn't approve of A&E because they under represent the LGBT community in their shows. So I think some of that was thrown into the mix here.

EDIT: also, I just realized that I'm very poor with acronym letter ordering...