• Mac OS X 10.8 'Mountain Lion'
    • Mac OS X 10.9 'Mavericks'
    • A Mac OS X version older than 10.5
    • SteamOS
    • Arch Linux
    • Ubuntu
    • Fedora
    • Debian
    • Other Linux distribution (specify below)
    • Other operating system (specify below)

Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit on my laptop

Windows 8.1 64bit on my tower (may upgrade to Pro so I can RDP into it from my Surface)

Main desktop is still running Windows 7 due to lazyness/not wanting to reinstall a gazillion things so voted that.  Have 8.1 on a few others, I do rather like it (with a few tweaks), will update my main one sooner or later.. just not in a hurry to go through the motions of reinstalling a crapton of dev tools, games, apps, etc etc.  There's a few other systems running various other OS's (a Hackintosh,a couple running desktop versions of Linux or BSD, etc) but still waiting on an OS to be more pleasant/reliable/convenient to use than Windows.  Hasn't happened yet.

For me:
Windows 8.1 Pro

I run an erotic blend of standard Ubuntu Unity and KDE, as I like many KDE programs and sometimes like to boot into KDE.  :blush:

Erotic blend?  Do you mean exotic blend?  There's nothing erotic about any OS, especially Linux, bro.

For me:

Windows 8.1 Pro

Erotic blend?  Do you mean exotic blend?  There's nothing erotic about any OS, especially Linux, bro.

'Erotic' is the best word I can come up with, to be honest. I just meant 'exciting' in a 'sexy' way. Like a new car can be.

For me:

Windows 8.1 Pro

LOL

WIndows 7. If I see a good deal for 8 I will probably buy it.

Darn!

Which I could've voted for 2.

Windows 7 and Debian, in that case, otherwise, I had to vote Windows 7 as 5 out of 9 machines are various versions of that OS.

Windows XP on the desktop. :D  Because I can.

Windows 7 on the lappys.

Never heard of Windows 8 ....

So much fail in one post.

A couple of months ago I was positive I'd never leave Windows 7 but after my new rig came with 8.1 I must say I love it now!

Am also planning on trying OSX on my PC but it's on hold for a while - I've tried to install it so many times and failed that I've given up for a while LOL!

Amazing what happens when someone uses Windows 8.x for more than 20 minutes.

8.1 for me!

after spending the past 20 years using windows PCs, I have decided to try something new.  Didn't get on with windows 8.0 / 8.1 and had gone through five windows 8 tablets in 2013 and just couldn't get on with those either, despite giving them hours of my time.  Just didn't win me over in the end.

Purchased my first mac just before Christmas, so for me 2014 will be Mavericks

Sticking with Windows 7 for the time being.  I've used Windows 8 / 8.1 and I am not a fan, I just don't find it very intuitive and I hate those hot corners.  If I was to upgrade, I'd only end up tweaking it to be like Windows 7, which seems like a bit of a pointless exercise at the minute.

8.1 until whatever comes next (assuming it is any good and my 7 year old machine can run it)!

Also use: Ubuntu (as a VM) and Windows 7 (at work, but the computer I spend most time at).

Windows 8.1.  I can't stand OSX, and I don't really have any use for Linux that I can't do with Windows.  Win8.1 is a pretty solid OS too.