What was the last movie you watched? (2014 Edition)

Mud (2012)

7?/10

Really great coming-of-age movie. I'm not a fan of Matthew McConaughey but he was great in this movie. Highly recommended. My only complain is the movie was a little bit too long and slow.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)

6?/10

I could barely recognize the book. Technically great but there's really not enough material in the small book that is The Hobbit for 3 movies.

Watched some of The Hobbit yesterday. Heard it was the most pirated movie of 2013, so thought I'd join that club!! :)

Don't usually do that, as I'm not even much of a tv watcher as that does nothing but put me to sleep! No wonder it's called an idiot box!

Didn't watch enough of it to rate it really, but did determine it's not really my favorite kind of movie. Might watch it with the wife this weekend.

reign_of_fire_xlg.jpg

Reign of Fire

I had a vague recollection of this film from years ago, and decided to give it another watch. The rating of 6.1 on IMDB seems reasonable enough, as it was alright but nothing amazing.

6/10

Lone_Survivor_poster.jpg

Lone Survivor

I was surprised by this film. I was expecting it to be a lot like Act of Valor, which I didn't really get on with too well. It was quite different, and I'm not sure if that's because the actors were more well known (and actual actors) or the filming had a more professional feel to it.

8/10 for surprising me.

Europa Report (2013)

6/10

I really don't know if i liked it or not. The movie did some of the things great. The ambiance was well done and the crew was played well enough by the actors. But there was something missing. There was pretty much no content and the movie was not magical enough to be the next Abyss. Still there was a weird "mystical" quality to the movie. It was sure an unique experience to me.

Now You See Me (2013)

7.5/10

I was skeptical about this movie. I tought it would be another of the many overrated pop corn movies we have these days. I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's one of the best "pop corn" entertainment i had last year. Highly recommended. The magic is working XD

The Place Beyond the Pines (2012)

6.5/10

A very well rated by critics movie. It just did not do it for me. It is a 3 acts movie. The first act is great and reminded me Point Break but a lot but better directed. The 2nd act is okay even tough i did not find the passage from loyal cop to whistleblower credible at all. The 3rd act i was barely able to pull thru it. AJ got on my nerves quickly and even tough i realise it was the point there was just not enough good reasons in this act for me to bear with him. Still well worth a watch but the movie tried to shoot in too many directions in my opinion.

Carrie

God, everything about this movie was just terrible. There wasn't a lick of believability to the characters. Looked more like a school play than an actual hollywood production.

3/10

White House Down

Couldn't help comparing this to Angelina Jolie's Salt, if Salt was done right. This one will keep you on the edge of your seat till the end, and I do mean the very end. However the suspense got a bit to much for me and I found myself skipping to get to the conclusion. But overall a good watch.

7/10

Mama-2013-Movie-Poster.jpg

Mama

Based on the short, the feature length film tries to put some context to the situation. Sadly for me that made it more disappointing, I feel that they could have done a better job with the explanation. With that said, there are quite a lot of jumpy moments, and "Mama" is almost as terrifying as in the short.

I'm going with...5/10. The short gets 7/10 because the way Mama moves is more terrifying for me for some reason.

MV5BMTMwMjIyNzk3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODY1

It was an OK movie.. The naked girls made it better.. and also found a pretty cool song while watching it.. Peaches - Set it off..

5/10

MV5BMTMwMjIyNzk3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODY1

It was an OK movie.. The naked girls made it better.. and also found a pretty cool song while watching it.. Peaches - Set it off..

5/10

MV5BMjA5MTc0NTkzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODEw

Pretty good movie.. 7.5/10

Images not loading.. :(

5/5

Watching it this Sunday. I hope Leo finally gets his Oscar. Hoping to make some coin with his odds on Oscar betting this year.

GL0C9UJ.jpg

As for me, Indonesian uncut version of Serbuan maut on Blu-ray. Amazingly good movie and, if everything goes right, the start of an amazing trilogy.