What was the last movie you watched? (2014 Edition)

vJ7aO6U.jpg

Incredibly touching movie with Jared Leto  pretty much clinching an Oscar win.

Dallas Buyers Club I presume. Please write the names also because images are sometimes broken and it's not always easy to guess.

Possession - not sure what to make of it: ridiculous characters, overacting, tentacle monster sex and I can't stop staring at Isabelle Adjani's beautiful face.

12 Years a Slave - 7/10 - Decent overall, sends a strong message but some scenes were unnecessary.

$50K and a call girl - 6/10 - I went into it fairly hyped. It was kind of boring even giving the content.

Top Gear Vietnam Special - 8.5/10 - This rating is based entirely on Top Gear specials and not movies in general. This is a great one!

Wolf of Wall Street - 9.5/10 - Damn, this was good. Really good. Really damn good.

Her - 6/10 - Meh. I wish my OS could do that, but the movie was boring.

American Hustle - 1/10 - Seriously? I didn't even go into this knowing about the oscar hypetrain. It was terrible. Just terrible.

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
Pretty damn cool movie, but lacked alot from other Tom Clancy stuff. 
6.5/10 - still a good action movie.

What's your rating? Sasha Grey is in it, so I'll probably watch it, ha.

It's hard for me to rate it. It's a sick movie (0/10). You will feel worse after watching it. There's no happy end there. So I'll give it 5/10 for graphic portrayal of gore. It's mild in this movie when compared to the gore depicted in the Saw franchise for example.

The GodFather is an excellent movie, with a raiting of 9.2 on IMDb, and is one of my favorite types of movie...action-crime based! 

the-godfather-.jpgPesonally, it's a 10/10 movie! If you didn't watch it by now,I already did when I was smaller, go watch it!

Can you explain without spoilers?   How 12 Years even remotely related to Inception?

Hans Zimmer seems to have "reused" some parts of the Inception score (and others). The movie is still great.

It's hard for me to rate it. It's a sick movie (0/10). You will feel worse after watching it. There's no happy end there. So I'll give it 5/10 for graphic portrayal of gore. It's mild in this movie when compared to the gore depicted in the Saw franchise for example.

Happy endings don't exist in films inspired by the French Extreme Horror genre :)

Justice League: War

MV5BMTQ1ODc1MTMwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDgy

While i did enjoy it, found there was something wrong with it for me. Looking forward to seeing Throne of Atlantis.

Last Vegas   5/10           (Michael Douglas and Robert De Niro - old men party) funny at times but nothing special

LAST-VEGAS-Poster.jpg

Stand Up Guys 8/10       (Al Pacino and Christofer Walken - old men party)    much better then Last Vegas 

Stand-Up-Guys1.jpg

American Hustle - 1/10 - Seriously? I didn't even go into this knowing about the oscar hypetrain. It was terrible. Just terrible.

Why? I only watched first 45 minutes, before I have to leave and meet someone, but I was really looking forward to finishing it soon.   first 45 minutes were very entertaining.

However, a girl I know did not like it either (though she did not hate it as much as you... seriously 1/10???   Come on!)

She suggested I watch a much better (in her opinion) Gangster Squad instead.

Why? I only watched first 45 minutes, before I have to leave and meet someone, but I was really looking forward to finishing it soon.   first 45 minutes were very entertaining.

However, a girl I know did not like it either (though she did not hate it as much as you... seriously 1/10???   Come on!)

She suggested I watch a much better (in her opinion) Gangster Squad instead.

Ryan Gosling effect. She has a terrible taste in movies. It's like L.A. Confidential, but without the good parts and lots of eye candy thrown in (Emma Stone :wub: )

I'm going to watch American Hustle this sunday. Really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

86ba0d7dfde4affd3407592d3de3d187.jpg

Filth

Absolutely brilliant, Macevoy is outstanding throughout the entire film - Watched it 2 nights running, its hilarious, dark and unpredictable. A MUST watch!!

9.5/10

gfcL489.jpg

People kept expecting it to work like any other con movie and miss all the great things that are going on while the con is on. Did not disappoint at all. Very good movie and worthy of its nominations.

wolf-of-wall-street1.jpg

The Wolf of Wallstreet

A great film, in my opinion. Despite it's runtime I was fixated and enjoyed every bit of it. And Margot Robbie...wow. Here's hoping we see more of her in the cinema. :blushing:

9/10

11151736_800.jpg

Unthinkable

Another good film. Having already seen it a while back, S.L.J's character still really threw me, and I was again left with certain moral questions when it was finished.

7/10

Her, 2013 -- BLAH :x

Started out interesting, with the advanced O/S -- but there was too much touchy-feelly rubbish.

Joaquin Phoenix was too 'fem'.

1/5