ActiveWin refugee

I used to visit ActiveWin but that site had a terrible community with so much vitriol. All of their posts were copy/paste straight from a PR sheet, and the comments section was a contest of who could be the truest Microsoft fan and the most abrasive as well. There was a lot of vitriol and no real discussion. Now you go there and it's a ghost town. Still PR posts, zero comments, and too many tumbleweeds. I'm surprised the site is still up honestly. Just put it down to be humane.

I love neowin and its community. The neowin podcast with Brad Wardell from Stardock was probably the first podcast I ever listened to, and loved each episode (monkey dance). To me that was the golden years of this site. I listened to the podcasts that came after and enjoyed them quite a bit, especially the ones with that guy what sounds like Mike Rappaport, who loved the word plethora, and his Brit friend. Loved those.

Anyway the news was interesting and not super biased towards MS even though it's a windows site. I appreciate it and enjoy and the community it has built. I use Linux but want to keep up with MS and their products, and this is where I go for that mainly. Big fan of this site and I have history here.

I prefer a site where someone is prepared to speak their mind in a constructive way, I joke around a lot here, but that doesn't mean I don't try to help, so a belated welcome :)

• 2 months later...